Serious unofficial HL2RP² launch feedback thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravy

Hm.
Nebulae
Another eventful evening with the whole shanty town shootout. I do not know how much of the frustrations expressed ICly also carried over to the feelings of the players themselves, but I hope nobody feels too fouled over what happened. The last map's glamouring objective came to a draw, and while the Combine may have won this one, they didn't do it without facing plenty of opposition. I'm sure rebels can get plenty dubs in the future especially with things like the APC stuff being reined in.
That shit was badass.
It didn't feel uneven or foul. The cops got a one up on us, we weren't prepared and we paid for it. We got our hits in too so it's not like we were steamrolled. Red boosted me over the back wall and I came in and shot a few of the cops, had to hide in a shack from the Transhumans. Shit was cool my man.

Reactions: List

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Another eventful evening with the whole shanty town shootout. I do not know how much of the frustrations expressed ICly also carried over to the feelings of the players themselves, but I hope nobody feels too fouled over what happened. The last map's glamouring objective came to a draw, and while the Combine may have won this one, they didn't do it without facing plenty of opposition. I'm sure rebels can get plenty dubs in the future especially with things like the APC stuff being reined in.
spent a scary 10 minutes running around the aftermath with cps patrolling, moving the ton of corpses searching for suvivors.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i am still waiting for rebels to grow a brain and realise they arent terminators
maybe help them by killing them

take all their medical supplies away

make a food shortage

idk

man no one was like this when I did a war tf

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
i am still waiting for rebels to grow a brain and realise they arent terminators
My assumption is that people have gotten antsier after shanty town failure, and thought not committing 100% to assaulting the depot right outside their base would give Combine a free pass to do anything they want with the rest of the map. It led to a loss regardless because the cops used lots of flanking - so the end result was still worse for morale, I suppose.

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
32 rebels died today

how much more dead do they need to be
“do not interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake” - Peter griffing idk

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
man no one was like this when I did a war tf

Rebels don't like being packaged into groups and given orders but when left alone its like a 50/50 shot on if they're useless and can't coordinate or become super lethal.

Which makes any engagement a serious risk of demoralizing them to the point they won't play lol

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Rebels don't like being packaged into groups and given orders but when left alone its like a 50/50 shot on if they're useless and can't coordinate or become super lethal.

Which makes any engagement a serious risk of demoralizing them to the point they won't play lol
Which is ironic because the strongest the rebel ever got was when they were mostly unified in squads, like bitter lake. Yet to put them in squad is a massive IC (and sometimes ooc) challenge. Which makes it very interesting imo

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Which is ironic because the strongest the rebel ever got was when they were mostly unified in squads, like bitter lake. Yet to put them in squad is a massive IC (and sometimes ooc) challenge. Which makes it very interesting imo

In events you can get rebels to work miracles, honestly. Even the most difficult players will usually fall in line and do whatever they're asked to do.

Do that on the main server, even to advance a storyline, and good luck lmao

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
The depot base with the elites was just to guard the transhumanization center that had poor map placement but we went with it anyway :steamsad:

We werent expecting rebels to actually try and raid it, given it was guarded by the most difficult form of soldier

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
The depot base with the elites was just to guard the transhumanization center that had poor map placement but we went with it anyway :steamsad:

We werent expecting rebels to actually try and raid it, given it was guarded by the most difficult form of soldier
they caught us with our pants down though tbh

when i flew over on my scanner there were so many i thought you guys were definitely fucked

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
also i kinda like how the depot's placement is a bit iffy, it means that not all arms of the combine's territory are secure. having that facility out there means that there's a tangible, albeit small, risk that the rebellion could take it and shut down a part of the faction, which would be a huge blow

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae

Its placement definitely plays a part. I will give respect to the restraint that the two elites displayed when a bunch of rebels ran out to deal with a minievent before the big attack, but the manning of that outpost in itself has massive implications. It's a major fortification that is a stone's throw away from the sole refuge of the local resistance.

What happens if there are, say, cops in the outskirts of the city, and the rebels on the cliffside - the one that the balcony has a very clear view to - need to open fire on them? The silent pact of nonaggression stops working the second any rebels that the depot guards can see are shooting at other Combine forces nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.