Valve - Information/Leaks/Discussion Thread

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/01/11/searching-for-half-life-3.aspx
obviously i'm skeptical to whether this is true or not but i'll pretend it is and at least feel like there's closure :(
1372542557-half-life-3-i-want-to-believe.jpg

Nebulae
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2017/01/11/searching-for-half-life-3.aspx
obviously i'm skeptical to whether this is true or not but i'll pretend it is and at least feel like there's closure :(

the simple fact that HL3 has been in development hell, but not the single project for all this time actually gives me more hope than dread.

it proves that when it finally is announced it won't be what we think it is, it'll be FRESH AS FUCK and actually different to what we once knew, hoping the vive and other technologies developed by volvo and the birth of source 2 has a lot to bring on this, that guy in the interview is too much of a nihilist and it's fairly obvious that he stopped working at valve and it a little bit sodium.

Nebulae
the simple fact that HL3 has been in development hell, but not the single project for all this time actually gives me more hope than dread.

it proves that when it finally is announced it won't be what we think it is, it'll be FRESH AS FUCK and actually different to what we once knew, hoping the vive and other technologies developed by volvo and the birth of source 2 has a lot to bring on this, that guy in the interview is too much of a nihilist and it's fairly obvious that he stopped working at valve and it a little bit sodium.
*cough* duke nukem forever *cough*

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
hl3 is either never gonna come out or be no mans sky v2
we've had some many years to hype it that unless ever version of game the game ships with a free titjob from a hot girl cosplaying as alyx vance it wont live up to hype

Reactions: List

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
who cares about valve speculation. they've sat on their asses. STEAM is still an ever growing pile of shit and they've done fuck all to stream line it and work out bugs (they'll straight up ignore some until something actually happens or it gets a lot of bad publicity), their customer support is shit, their ability to communicate with their user base is shit, valve has simply gone to shit. It's all about micro-transactions and making money off e-sports and fees from those who use STEAM as a distribution platform for them now and nothing more. Don't even get me started on Greenlight and how much of an awful fucking disgrace that is.

Half-Life is dead. Valve as we once knew it is dead. I can't believe I'm saying this but if I could transfer my entire library to Origin I would in a heartbeat.

Gungeoneer

Your neighbourly friendly guy.
Nebulae
who cares about valve speculation. they've sat on their asses. STEAM is still an ever growing pile of shit and they've done fuck all to stream line it and work out bugs (they'll straight up ignore some until something actually happens or it gets a lot of bad publicity), their customer support is shit, their ability to communicate with their user base is shit, valve has simply gone to shit. It's all about micro-transactions and making money off e-sports and fees from those who use STEAM as a distribution platform for them now and nothing more. Don't even get me started on Greenlight and how much of an awful fucking disgrace that is.

Half-Life is dead. Valve as we once knew it is dead. I can't believe I'm saying this but if I could transfer my entire library to Origin I would in a heartbeat.
If we dont get any news about any future valve game these dev days I will also give up hope of Valve.

Last edited:

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
making money off e-sports
esports that they don't even give a shit about in the case of CSGO, it's all eyes on dota 2 at valve

the problem is their policy of employees being able to work on what they want

thing is employees elect eachother for the guys who did the coolest shit that helped the company the most all year, and those guys get mad $$$ = it's easier to make a COOL new hero on dota that everyone likes then get lodes of bonuses

valve doesn't even have a customer service, it's literally normal employees that check the customer service thing when they feel like it

their policy is cool for the employees but it's a crock of shit for the consumer.

this makes me really aggy

TheDeadlyHaze

Monkey
Nebulae
Steam/Valve will always be around because literally everyone that owns a computer is too driven by nostalgia at this point to let go of it

don't get me wrong there's a lot of nice stuff that Valve/Steam offers sometimes, but if anything new comes out that is potentially way better, it'd never get the attention it could/would deserve because of the what I said before