Valves next game: ARTIFACT (the dota card game)

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
FUCKING THIS

ALL THE FUCKING WAY

my (even though weird) theory is that they're doing shitty because they're preparing a complete new steam ui overhaul, better stuff for vr, source 2, hl3 and more all at once

even a new steam ui overhaul wouldn't justify this shit since the underlying codebase is awfully shit and the problems with steam go way beyond the UI. Gamescom is coming up and I doubt they're going to announce shit, you're more likely to hear more Halo stuff *cough* at Gamescom before anything Valve-game related.

i'm sure it will, every half-life is used to showcase their engines

False, they used Dota 2 to showcase Source 2, ported CS:GO over to Source 2, and traditionally it was games like CS that would be used to showcase major updates to their game engine (CS:S was used for Source, as I pointed out earlier, just to reiterate). HL is just their flagship game that gets all the attention from the fanbase. Source 2 is already a thing. It's already in use in two games and was shown to be in use on a L4D level to show off some of the particular aspects of the engine.

Last edited:

Postino

Atom
Nebulae
even a new steam ui overhaul wouldn't justify this shit since the underlying codebase is awfully shit and the problems with steam go way beyond the UI. Gamescom is coming up and I doubt they're going to announce shit, you're more likely to hear more Halo stuff *cough* at Gamescom before anything Valve-game related.

False, they used Dota 2 to showcase Source 2, ported CS:GO over to Source 2, and traditionally it was games like CS that would be used to showcase major updates to their game engine (CS:S was used for Source, as I pointed out earlier, just to reiterate). HL is just their flagship game that gets all the attention from the fanbase. Source 2 is already a thing. It's already in use in two games and was shown to be in use on a L4D level to show off some of the particular aspects of the engine.
s-stop destroying my dreams ok?

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
YOU'RE ALL GETTING HALO, THAT'S ALL YOU'RE GETTING. VOLVO AIN'T GOT SHIT BUT DOTA AND THE INTERNATIONAL CAUSE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
valve is a shit game company and that's no secret - people just like to ride on the dick of the half life fan train on subreddits and are blind to see that it's been a flawed for some time.

Reactions: List

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
They desperately need to restructure. The flat management system doesn't work on a large scale and Valve is a glaring example of that. We don't use that at DSS, we don't use it at Microsoft and for good fucking reason. It worked early on for them when they were relatively small, but when you start growing into a major powerhouse you need to seriously come up with some structure and proper organization and get shit done instead of jerking off around The International Money Train.

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
the problem with valve is that all their eggs are in one basket, which is dota
TI causes alot of attention, but even dota's numbers are starting to drop over time

honestly tho, i realise that valve's honestly a pretty bad company but the fucking anti-valve circlejerk on shit like /r/globaloffensive needs to stop, like they wonder why the dev team don't update csgo much when they get so much shit for every little change they make

jarodine

Nucleus
B A N N E D
Nebulae
(((VALVE))) Has been a shitty company since 2015. But gotta hand it to em. They know how to exploit aspies now. By selling them new pixels to slap over the vanilla guns. $1000 for new pixels on a sniper rifle. and over 3K for new pixels slapped onto a knife. It's kinda genius.

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the problem with valve is that all their eggs are in one basket, which is dota
TI causes alot of attention, but even dota's numbers are starting to drop over time

honestly tho, i realise that valve's honestly a pretty bad company but the fucking anti-valve circlejerk on shit like /r/globaloffensive needs to stop, like they wonder why the dev team don't update csgo much when they get so much shit for every little change they make

The anti-valve circle jerk needs to continue and grow stronger so Valve realizes their customer base is sick and fucking tired of their shit. Steam is shit. Their company is shit. Their business model is shit. They neglected most of their own customer base by disregarding their core games for the sake of a fucking MOBA where Icefraud continues to make shit changes and they still manage to fuck up seasonal events or not do them at all anymore.

Valve is trash and if it wasn't for the fact that all my eggs are in one basket (as you put it) that is Steam, I wouldn't be using their products. But Steam effectively holds a major marketshare in the digital game marketplace, which is unfortunate as Steam sucks. Even Origin is better, fuck even uPlay is better and that's from shitty ass Ubisoft.

Reactions: List

Pyromancer

doNT YOU KNOW how HARD DEVVING IS????
Nebulae
The anti-valve circle jerk needs to continue and grow stronger so Valve realizes their customer base is sick and fucking tired of their shit. Steam is shit. Their company is shit. Their business model is shit. They neglected most of their own customer base by disregarding their core games for the sake of a fucking MOBA where Icefraud continues to make shit changes and they still manage to fuck up seasonal events or not do them at all anymore.

Valve is trash and if it wasn't for the fact that all my eggs are in one basket (as you put it) that is Steam, I wouldn't be using their products. But Steam effectively holds a major marketshare in the digital game marketplace, which is unfortunate as Steam sucks. Even Origin is better, fuck even uPlay is better and that's from shitty ass Ubisoft.
tbh, agreed
although i personally don't have a problem, as dota's the only valve IP i'm only playing nowadays and i'm fine with the direction of the game, I agree with everything you're saying

shibe

Molecule
Nebulae
anyone remembers reading articles that said HALF LIFE 3 / LEFT FOR DEAD 3 will come out in 2011!! it's confirmed!

Whilt

Woh
Nebulae

I understand what you mean but I don't think you can exactly say that steam is a shit service, sure it's far from good but it's competitors are absolutely abysmal in quality imo. And in all honesty, Dota 2 is reaching its peak at this point - have you seen how balanced the meta is right now? In the first 8 hours of TI7 over /90/ out of the 113 heroes available.

PepicWalrus

Electron
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Wait a minute here

Look at the Logo, It is 3 Lambdas together.
129384-144098-i_rc.jpg

Orange For Half Life
Green For Opposing Force
Blue for Blue Shift

WE CRACKED IT

ARTIFACT IS HALF LIFE 3

♿ Tripwire ♿

Neutrino
Nebulae
I'm not very fussed that we didn't get Half-Life 3, those recent leaks were enough to spark new and interesting theories, however I digress. This game being heavily based off of Dota/Dota 2 is something I'm looking forward too only if they take the Free to Play approach and don't charge for anything but Microtransactions simply because Valve make enough money off their main big moneymaking titles, CS:GO and DOTA 2.

Overall, looking forward to trying it out and seeing what new concepts it can bring to the table.