Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
the fact they trashed all the previous screenshots, work, etc from the steam page does not give me hope

what's replaced everything is just bland pictures of walls and stuff that looks worse than the 2019 footage showed

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Getting Dead Island 2/Duke Nukem Forever vibes from this game

Where the game's constantly shifting hands and shit

Reactions: List

Goopy

Molecule
Nebulae

i remain optimistic
it's going V5 which i guess was obvious, but the end makes me think we'll have some V20 blood-lines like daughters of cacophony

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
it's going V5 which i guess was obvious, but the end makes me think we'll have some V20 blood-lines like daughters of cacophony
0:45 features the worst slide seen by man

looks more like a frozen corpse being shoved than a person sliding around

I am not so optimistic considering from what's been shown it seems that all the decent-ish work done by the other team has been thrown out in favor of sterile UE5 asset-tier architecture, it looks less like seattle and more like some victorian amusement park

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae

i remain optimistic

my favorite thing to do in the original is to use none of my vampire powers and just shoot people instead like a regular guy i find it very amusing to be a vampire with an assault rifle

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
my favorite thing to do in the original is to use none of my vampire powers and just shoot people instead like a regular guy i find it very amusing to be a vampire with an assault rifle
melee weapons up to hollywood
firearms post-hollywood

no vampire powers besides health regen & some clan specific ones like dominate to make horde fights easier if you're into it

best way to play the game

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I used to play Gangrel, get Protean 4 and maul the piss out of everyone lmao

Essence

Proton
Nebulae

i remain optimistic

It's certainly an interesting reveal and development. The game looks promising, or at least on some foundation given they still have a year left to work on it. From what I've read, they've completely scrapped the Thin-Blood idea - given that our player character is now an Elder waking up from Torpor. But still looks a bit generic - hype is kinda dead but I'll still be keeping my eye on how things develop.

Although I will say I'm surprised that The Chinese Room is the developer, this seems like such a massive and different project than what they're used to, considering that they're the developers responsible for Dear Esther and Amnesia: Machine for Pigs. Seems like they definitely want to break into the RPG scene, but a game like this carries a lot of weight and a decently-big fanbase, so it's a lot that they'll need to deliver, especially considering how this official annoucement trailer came out like, what, three or so years after the first one? They need to deliver big, and I'm curious to see if they have the resources to actually pull it off or if they'll make a mediocre product for a game of this calibre.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Seems like they definitely want to break into the RPG scene, but a game like this carries a lot of weight and a decently-big fanbase, so it's a lot that they'll need to deliver, especially considering how this official annoucement trailer came out like, what, three or so years after the first one?
It's telling that the entire focus of this 're-revitalised game' trailer was just combat and environments.

None of the characters shown in the previous trailer years ago, none of the dialogue or story, just... bland punching against some gasmask mooks and the worst sliding animation I've ever seen. It doesn't give high hopes for a game that was always valued for the dialogue, social, choice & storytelling potential.

john

barbecue chips aint shit
Nebulae
It's telling that the entire focus of this 're-revitalised game' trailer was just combat and environments.

None of the characters shown in the previous trailer years ago, none of the dialogue or story, just... bland punching against some gasmask mooks and the worst sliding animation I've ever seen. It doesn't give high hopes for a game that was always valued for the dialogue, social, choice & storytelling potential.
does feel like they just want to do something with the ip
a game thats been redone by like 4 developers over and over surely cant come out half-decent
there'll be like a half dozen video essays titled "the tragedy of bloodlines 2" in a few years

im happy to be proven wrong but i agree theres no way this is going to be anything more than average

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Tbf they could've just been wanting to show off different content compared to other trailers. I don't think we'll have any idea how it's really gonna be until we get it unless they make more trailers or something