Molecule
Nebulae
x4vnjvo.png

alright who here works at paradox?

Reactions: List

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
While I have great anticipation for this a huge part of me wishes it was Requiem instead of Masquerade again. As a shameless Haunt, I think Nightmare is the best Discipline and the fun of tying it with others for kickass Devotions would have been unique and amazing.

Essence

Proton
Nebulae
While I have great anticipation for this a huge part of me wishes it was Requiem instead of Masquerade again. As a shameless Haunt, I think Nightmare is the best Discipline and the fun of tying it with others for kickass Devotions would have been unique and amazing.

I agree somewhat, I much prefer the background and themes of Requiem more than I did Masquerade and would greatly enjoy a game or story based on that version of the World of Darkness. It's more introspective and haunting rather than, in a completely simplified (and somewhat derogatory way lmao) vampire wars and constantly fearing Gehenna.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
I agree somewhat, I much prefer the background and themes of Requiem more than I did Masquerade and would greatly enjoy a game or story based on that version of the World of Darkness. It's more introspective and haunting rather than, in a completely simplified (and somewhat derogatory way lmao) vampire wars and constantly fearing Gehenna.

NWoD was ONLY better in lore and thematics when and ONLY WHEN players realize that the only thing that drives the lore and thematics is that every template contradicts each other and each supernatural feeds on paranoia.

For Kindred: Gehanna may or may not (most likely not though) be an actual event and that antidiluvians is going to happen when a kindred seeks unstoppable existence and power. Eventually, in order to get vitae of a maxed Blood Potency knidred will NEED to feed/diablerize other kindreds. Kindreds are not going to relinquish power if they can help it, so it seems the "prophecies" is literally the natural progression of the basic power struggle of kindred society.

For Mages: They constantly seek knowledge and truth to release themselves from the LIE, however the more they attach themselves to knowledge the further they will get because the only truth is that "it is". Their search will never be enough and eventually that knowledge will lead to the truth, but that truth will eventually never be enough. Mages will always seek for something more and so they will start twisting the truth, creating their own again, and believing in their own fabricated LIE.

Werewolves: Are so entangled in the matters of spirits that they typically neglect their own. While they attempt to bring order to the natural mystics of the world they wind up submitting to the very thing that pull them to their foresaken - Mother Luna and Grand Father. They are zombies, doing their thing on earth but very souless.

Changelings: The Self is only changed when you lose or betray your greatest pursuit. The Fae may have twisted their outer visage and may have attuned them to something other, but their home and purpose is still human. They never really forget, but the hard part is choosing to keep that attachment.
___

NWoD lore contradicts itself all the time, but that is the point - everything in the universe just is and they choose to create their own hell (or make it worse). It is an unironically, very human thing to do.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
I hope they do the Tremere justice in this.

or else.

Tzula

Molecule
Nebulae
ebola_cereal.jpg

or
bush_adminis.jpg
this game has some great lines.
also context: the second image is the quest about the guy who's making a Vampire film that is actually really about the Vampire society in vtmb