1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Official Guide Votra's Autoexec

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Votra, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Valtorix

Valtorix Honorary Canadian

Nebulae:
    Huh, this looks extremely useful; my system is pretty damn outdated and old; but no harm in giving this a try!

Thanks for posting mate <3

2. Infected Sanity

Nebulae:
    Works perfect, thank's alot! :grinning:

3. TheRobsterDJ

Nebulae:
    with this config, i get much more fps but my game has frequent stutters + freezes - would anyone know why?

EDIT: it was mat_compressedtextures 0 causing that

#23 TheRobsterDJ, Jun 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Carta Blanca

Carta Blanca Mr. Steal yo Rations
    Premium Member

Nebulae:
    I have a somewhat decent rig, but you know what gmod is like.. it couldn't run buttery smooth on a NASA grade computer - so thanks for this.

5. Slim

Slim Molecule

Nebulae:
    should insert notes stating what each command does in simple terms, makes it easier for people to figure out what's fucking up if they can just think "x is fucked" and then look in the autoexec for "changes x"
    would be pretty neato

6. Votra

Votra Retired

Nebulae:
    Good suggestion but I'm very inactive and that likely isn't going to happen anytime soon. You can type help in console then a space after and put the command in quotes without the value, e.g. help "mat_queue_mode" to get a brief description. Although you shouldn't change anything if you have no idea what you're doing unless its what I say you should change if you have a bad connection.