Went on a two-week trip to Japan, posting pics and Q&A (in case you have doubts)

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Hi so I went to Japan and I have a good bunch of pictures to share, I'll be posting them in batches to not fry the thread

If you want to go and have doubts, or you're just curious, ask away! We went to SEVERAL places so we've got a good bit of experiences

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Did you feel tall?

I am 1,73 so fairly above average but nothing crazy! There are actually plenty of pretty tall japanese people, even had this store clerk that was like half or even a head taller than me which was the living example of that one meme of "average magazine model vs average mcdonalds cashier"

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
John Travolta action figure

YTEU14r.png

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
did you get attacked on the street perodically by thugs wanting your money? Did you run into a silly man wearing an eyepatch and a jacket with no shirt? If not your experience wasn't worth it.

(just kidding hope you had fun)

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
did you get attacked on the street perodically by thugs wanting your money?

No but I did get randomly spoken to by two or three people who were fascinated by my outsiderness I guess (they were very cool and nice)

Did you run into a silly man wearing an eyepatch and a jacket with no shirt?

Not the image but the vibe a man from Osaka gave me (one of the guys who spoke to me). Super cool guy, came out of the blue to tell me about his wife and his friend's wife who lives in France and stuff like that, we had a cool exchange. I could call him Osaka's Majima if Majima was a salaryman

(just kidding hope you had fun)

I did, a lot tbf, it was crazy

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
how much did it cost

So we went for a balance between cost and comfort, we were to several places so above 5 different hotels, among them 1 ryokan (traditional japanese inn), 3 of them had onsen bath (among them the ryokan obviously)

We had SIM cards with unlimited internet for 2 weeks, JR Pass for 15 days (unlimited Japan Rail trains, including most shinkansen), and a pretty strong insurance that covered most bad things that can happen.

We also got a Suica card (highly recommended) to pay for stuff around and non-JR trains and subway (a card you refill at konbini or stations and then you pay stuff with at many many places).

And of course, the flights.

That entirely was 3025€/person, which covered all of the basic costs and a bit more.

Aside from that, we went further beyond and got ourselves a big bunch of stuff to bring home, each to their preferences, which amounted to about 1000-2000€ per person (but this was gifts).

If you ask me about the cost of eating there and transport, among other amenities, it probably amounted up to 500€ tops, staying is pretty cheap, going there is the expensive part actually.

I myself have spent about 5000€ and I'm super happy about it tbf

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Fushimi Inari pictures! A truly breathtaking place, with thousands of torii gates, great forests, and an incredible view of Kioto from the side of it

I made it to the top in the day of my birthday, can't think of a better thing to do

Also pics of local temple kitten

4c5xvEF.png

yt0fuQf.png

af197Fm.png

V1IQwCh.png

RrFZrSy.png

dThljDL.png

2GylmVl.png

regvcj8.png

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
For those who commonly browse Tiktok, I bring you the Kyoto Omurice Star, Kichi Kichi (yep, we managed to get a reservation in the same day)

You have to queue up at 3pm at the place, he personally takes the reservation, thanks everyone one by one for waiting and then takes pictures with everyone, he's super kind and nice

He then takes pics with people inside if they ask and in our case he even gave us a hug each, truly a king

Truly a great place to visit, but if you don't want to wait or don't want to have dinner after 7pm, then you have to get a reservation weeks in advance (if not months!)

metropaun

hass ist keine emotion sondern ein zustand
Nebulae
For those who commonly browse Tiktok, I bring you the Kyoto Omurice Star, Kichi Kichi (yep, we managed to get a reservation in the same day)

You have to queue up at 3pm at the place, he personally takes the reservation, thanks everyone one by one for waiting and then takes pictures with everyone, he's super kind and nice

He then takes pics with people inside if they ask and in our case he even gave us a hug each, truly a king

Truly a great place to visit, but if you don't want to wait or don't want to have dinner after 7pm, then you have to get a reservation weeks in advance (if not months!)
that shit looks yummy as fuck

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Curious if the arcade scene is as strong as the stereotypes say.
Main reason id wanna go haha

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Curious if the arcade scene is as strong as the stereotypes say.
Main reason id wanna go haha

There are arcades in multiples cities- hell even Kanazawa had one near our hotel

They're big and pretty packed with machines, so yep, it's pretty true hahaja

Kleis

Electron
Nebulae
Man I'm glad you had fun, I have Japan on my bucket list too but, the price is really high

Would you say it was truly worth it? What were the ups and downs of it? Two weeks is a whole lot of time. I also wonder how's the general perception of tourism there... and post more food please :D

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Would you say it was truly worth it?

Every penny, we had a super complete trip with a fully packed agenda for every day, we made the most out of every day

What were the ups and downs of it?
Ups of it, everything: The food, people, places, landscapes, cities... Stuff is cheap when you're there, convenience stores are truly something else, and finding stuff is seriously not hard.

Downs of it: Very scarce trash bins (this is a joke it really isn't that much of an issue to carry a baggy with trash till you find a bin), you need English (and survival level Japanese, you know, most basic stuff, and willingness to learn a bit and search for words), and the flights themselves- chances you'll lose luggage are not exactly remote, though they're not extremely high either, and it's plenty of hours sitting in a plane.

I was unlucky enough to lose my luggage, but it was lost between Frankfurt and Madrid, not to or from Tokyo. It's been located and is being sent home so that's no worry for now.

I also wonder how's the general perception of tourism there..

Generally not bad at all! But it is true some tourists are idiots, but most people behave well within the norms of Japanese society so it's all good

Depends a lot on where you go too

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Rght so I'm feeling in a better mood now that my luggage was found and delivered home finally, so I will upload more pics soon!

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
As promised! Some random Tokio pics!

kzOnJBw.jpeg
0f50TbP.jpeg
gsumOPO.jpeg
RekHEgo.jpeg
KAFzfr7.jpeg
S07CybD.jpeg
ZKgwMHY.jpeg
IX6iGYJ.jpeg

(For the anime watchers, yep, the last picture is exactly what you think it is)