What do you guys do for a living? / Dockworker AMA

• Thread starter Deleted member 3129
  • Start date

chronos

Molecule
Nebulae
I'm the CEO of a Marketing and Branding firm.

I filed an LLC a few years ago with 3 people on my team and we've expanded to 15 over the course of the businesses' growth. We're opening a second, southern office in our city with an expected 20 more employees once everything's all finalized.

We have Advertising and Branding divisions that do their respective title. We work with regional corporations and businesses to generate brand identities, print and video advertisements, advisement on advertising theory, etc.

It's quite the step from making art myself at my house to sitting at the top helm of a large team of extremely talented graphic designers, animators, leaders, contracting for brands that you've probably heard of.
adding onto this can i be made boss of the new office?

D

Deleted member 3129

image0.jpg

Just you wait untill I get my hands onto an APC again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
I worked in a supermarket when I was 16 up until I was 18 and got bored so I applied to be a cabin crew to fly around the world and travel for free. I said I'd only do it for a few months but here I am three years later.

It's quite an easy job for what it is, you sit in the briefing which you've heard a million times before, head to the plane and make sure the safety stuff works and there's no security threats. Quite a weird feeling being on the plane with zero passengers on when I first started; especially on the long haul planes. You get everyone onboard, do a fancy dance with a lifejacket on and make sure everyone's strapped in. Throw some food out, make sure nobody dies, land in a foreign country and go sightseeing. Repeat on the way home.

It really is good though. Sightseeing in places I never thought I'd see, going to countries I could never afford to go to, all whilst getting paid for it. My favourite destinations are in the Far East, so China, Japan, Singapore and Korea. It also hopefully will make visiting my partner a lot easier now she's back home and we're allowed outside there. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the US just because I can never sleep there and it messes my pattern up when I get back. Canada I can excuse though because Vancouver always took my breath away when we still flew there.

Time off is great too. Rather than doing a set 8 hours 5 days a week with weekends off, I could literally do a 3 day flight (where in total 12 hours is actually working, the rest of the time is downroute) and have 3 days off after and 2 days off before to make sure I'm fully rested. Minimum of 9 days off per month. We also get 30 days holiday each year, increasing 1 day per year you're in the company up to 40 days. It made seeing friends and family a bit awkward though because they would all be at work whilst I was on a day off on Wednesday. Not complaining though because everywhere would be empty so shopping and driving around and the gym were perfect.

All in all, pre-covid it is probably one of the best jobs you can have as a young person that wants to travel. You save a ton of money not having to faff around with visas and flights, and if you do decide to fly somewhere whilst on your leave days, you get a discount on flights with my company and all of their partner airlines too. All of my mates are at uni racking up student debt and don't have a job lined up for when they leave, but I'm out here making a tidy sum each year for not that much effort.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I worked in a supermarket when I was 16 up until I was 18 and got bored so I applied to be a cabin crew to fly around the world and travel for free. I said I'd only do it for a few months but here I am three years later.

It's quite an easy job for what it is, you sit in the briefing which you've heard a million times before, head to the plane and make sure the safety stuff works and there's no security threats. Quite a weird feeling being on the plane with zero passengers on when I first started; especially on the long haul planes. You get everyone onboard, do a fancy dance with a lifejacket on and make sure everyone's strapped in. Throw some food out, make sure nobody dies, land in a foreign country and go sightseeing. Repeat on the way home.

It really is good though. Sightseeing in places I never thought I'd see, going to countries I could never afford to go to, all whilst getting paid for it. My favourite destinations are in the Far East, so China, Japan, Singapore and Korea. It also hopefully will make visiting my partner a lot easier now she's back home and we're allowed outside there. I can't say I'm a huge fan of the US just because I can never sleep there and it messes my pattern up when I get back. Canada I can excuse though because Vancouver always took my breath away when we still flew there.

Time off is great too. Rather than doing a set 8 hours 5 days a week with weekends off, I could literally do a 3 day flight (where in total 12 hours is actually working, the rest of the time is downroute) and have 3 days off after and 2 days off before to make sure I'm fully rested. Minimum of 9 days off per month. We also get 30 days holiday each year, increasing 1 day per year you're in the company up to 40 days. It made seeing friends and family a bit awkward though because they would all be at work whilst I was on a day off on Wednesday. Not complaining though because everywhere would be empty so shopping and driving around and the gym were perfect.

All in all, pre-covid it is probably one of the best jobs you can have as a young person that wants to travel. You save a ton of money not having to faff around with visas and flights, and if you do decide to fly somewhere whilst on your leave days, you get a discount on flights with my company and all of their partner airlines too. All of my mates are at uni racking up student debt and don't have a job lined up for when they leave, but I'm out here making a tidy sum each year for not that much effort.

is it true that most male air hosts are gay

Reactions: List

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
is it true that most male air hosts are gay
incredibly so, i've only met about 7 or 8 straight guys in my time here

but they all tend to be quite funny, especially the very camp ones because they're just full of charisma and always make everyone laugh

Oxy[Morons]

ส็ส็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็็็็ส็็็็ส็็็็ส็็ส็
Nebulae
we do a little trolling​

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
pretty boring, I work in a sports shop as a sales associate part time on an 8 hour contract - student job

im hoping to go into the legal profession or law enforcement after university though

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae

Have you ever had that moment where you had to check if there was a doctor on the plane?

Johnny B. Goode

Nebulae
Have you ever had that moment where you had to check if there was a doctor on the plane?
Yeah, on the way to Argentina once. A crew member went sick with something, fainted in the aisle and broke out in some sort of rash type thing. Turns out it was pneumonia or something? Can't remember fully because I was working down the back and she was up front. Regardless, you ask for "any medical professional" so it doesn't limit it just to Doctors; you can have nurses, midwives or even vets that have just as much medical experience and can be just as useful in that scenario because they are fully licensed to practice medicine.

It was annoying though, because suddenly everyone and their mother presses their callbell saying they're a medical professional. Seriously. I had about 30 of them go off, and only about 2 of them were actually qualified. It's people with a hero complex wanting to help. "I did first aid at school" or "My Mum's a doctor so I learnt some stuff from her." I get they want to give a hand but it's really not useful

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Regardless, you ask for "any medical professional" so it doesn't limit it just to Doctors; you can have nurses, midwives or even vets that have just as much medical experience and can be just as useful in that scenario because they are fully licensed to practice medicine.
Damn, the memes where they call for doctors and random people with a doctor‘s degree aren‘t accurate after all then. Interesting

D

Deleted member 930

Finished my apprenticeship as a Baker and work part-time in a bakery shop.

Getting Drivers License and plan to get fit to eventually apply for Police.

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
Finished my apprenticeship as a Baker and work part-time in a bakery shop.

Getting Drivers License and plan to get fit to eventually apply for Police.
What is, in your opinion, the easiest and hardest pastry to make?