What does "IO" mean?

scrumpy

full brain crab main
Nebulae
After i saw these games like agar.io, slither.io and diep.io, i've been wondering, what does the ".IO" mean? I'm pretty sure it's a short of two words.

Lutic

loser
B A N N E D
Nebulae
After i saw these games like agar.io, slither.io and diep.io, i've been wondering, what does the ".IO" mean? I'm pretty sure it's a short of two words.
input/output

Lutic

loser
B A N N E D
Nebulae
The people who make those games they get money out of it right?
Why else would they have adverts and be super simple. They even advertised on agar.io on house of cards, it was p cringe

SnowBone

uh oh
Nebulae
Why else would they have adverts and be super simple. They even advertised on agar.io on house of cards, it was p cringe

I'm done with life, an idiot could code one of these games and get money out of it.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Thanks, but i still don't get it why is it named like that...
cheap domain name, that's why agar.io had that, then all the other wannabe games saw its success and tried to take advantage of it with the .io domain name

as lil frankie boy said in the vid its a pretty good analogy to running for president but thats probably not the only reason, the agar.io guys probably paid the house of cards people to show their game

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
IO is an abbreviation for a route of administration in medicine which stands for "Intra-osseous". Intraosseous medication is delivered into the bone marrow of usually the tibia just proximal to the kneecap. Bone marrow is very vascular and thus medication is rapidly delivered. A little drill is used to lodge a catheter into the bone.

ruben slikk

Nebulae
IO is an abbreviation for a route of administration in medicine which stands for "Intra-osseous". Intraosseous medication is delivered into the bone marrow of usually the tibia just proximal to the kneecap. Bone marrow is very vascular and thus medication is rapidly delivered. A little drill is used to lodge a catheter into the bone.
I don't see why this needed to be posted, the .io in a domain name is obviously irrelevant to this. I really don't understand why you try to assert your medical knowledge in every thread you enter - we get it, you work in the medical field IRL, you know a lot of things, that's cool. No need to rub it in in threads where it doesn't need to be stated.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
I don't see why this needed to be posted, the .io in a domain name is obviously irrelevant to this. I really don't understand why you try to assert your medical knowledge in every thread you enter - we get it, you work in the medical field IRL, you know a lot of things, that's cool. No need to rub it in in threads where it doesn't need to be stated.

Hey, man. It was a joke.

Reactions: List

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
What a funny little quip

Thanks, it did not take too long to think up. Good to know that you enjoyed it though.
[doublepost=1464379797][/doublepost]
I really don't understand why you try to assert your medical knowledge in every thread you enter - we get it, you work in the medical field IRL, you know a lot of things, that's cool. No need to rub it in in threads where it doesn't need to be stated.

Also, what other threads have I tried to assert my medical knowledge in?

Last edited:

ruben slikk

Nebulae
Also, what other threads have I tried to assert my medical knowledge in?
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but most posts I see by you are just talking about being an EMT and medical stuff.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but most posts I see by you are just talking about being an EMT and medical stuff.

Not at all. Look though my content history. The only other post I have made about being in the medical field is (if I remember correctly) was a small snippet from the "worst fears" thread. All other posts about being in the medical field is in the UM and character bio section of the HL2RP thing. I actually try /not/ to talk to much about medical stuff.