What projects you working on?

Tetra

Electron
Nebulae
Hello everyone.
I thought it would be nice to have a thread to talk about a wonderful hobby. All things electrical/projecty. Honestly I dont really know how to describe it but if you have to use a soldering iron your on the right thread.

I thoght this thread would be a nice way for people to show off projects they are working on and to discuss different tools.

Reactions: List

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Wouldn't you like to know, Weather Boy
300px-All_Right_Then%2C_Keep_Your_Secrets.jpg

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Used a soldering iron to fix the wiring in my bass a while back so working on recording my first EP still counts.
i practiced repairing telecables with a soldering iron and fucked up my thumb real bad
im not good at this

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i've been working on a lighting technique in SFM referred to as SSS (Sub-Surface Scattering)

this aims to emulate the effect of bright lights hitting skin
e3dd22512552185336253d15e910e799.jpg

it involves deep red lights with no shadows being placed along the model's skin in a fashion that would be brightest at the sharpest point of point light, and dullest at the most filled-in area

the SSS in a recent image i did recently comes out to this
unknown.png

this was then used in this
B0F6CEFDA3E9C26A6EF644B6D4FF89FD2D182A2D

without the SSS, the shadows would be pure black and the skin would have a plastic look to it

that is my current project, and hopefully the next one will be improving my scenebuilding skills

Breathing ツ

Quark
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i've been working on a lighting technique in SFM referred to as SSS (Sub-Surface Scattering)

it involves deep red lights with no shadows being placed along the model's skin in a fashion that would be brightest at the sharpest point of point light, and dullest at the most filled-in area

unknown.png

without the SSS, the shadows would be pure black and the skin would have a plastic look to it

that is my current project, and hopefully the next one will be improving my scenebuilding skills
yoo i fuck with it. how long you been doing sfm?

Tetra

Electron
Nebulae
If anyone is looking for a new soldering iron I would highly recommend ya recommend the mini ts-100 which can be be found on banggood.

Received it a few days ago and I’m amazed how something so small can heat up so quickly. With a 60w 24v dc power supply I timed a 5 second heat up time from 0 degrees to 300, which for a soldering iron that costs 40 quid is amazing. It’s equiverlent if not better than a hacko. It can be flashed with open source firmware which opens up so many options with this iron. Plus you can make it play Games.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

unknown.png

sub surface scattering is probably the number 1 contributor to CG things actually looking real and I'm surprised no one (at least from what I've seen) has tried to emulate it in SFM thus far

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
sub surface scattering is probably the number 1 contributor to CG things actually looking real and I'm surprised no one (at least from what I've seen) has tried to emulate it in SFM thus far

the SFM discord considers my SSS to be garbage shit-tier

then again this is what comes out of the SFM discord
tatooine_1.jpg

Pict

Scottish Highlander
Nebulae
Been working to improve my Digital drawing with minimal observation this past summer, decent linework, shading control, originally started off using Adobe Illustrator at first because I didn't know any better software at first, one obvious tip is don't use AI for illustration thats for graphic design nerds, Krita happens to do better for me with the Tablet's Pen pressure.

Adobe illustrator: Adjustments and toning from Photoshop

aesthetic_campfire_v_2_by_pictaloo_ddal1re-fullview.jpg

KRITA 4.3.5
stone_by_pictaloo_dddrdb0-fullview.jpg

crouch_by_pictaloo_dddoadb-fullview.jpg

fine_line_haircut_v1_by_pictaloo_dddur5p-fullview.jpg

Bunch of stuff I'm working to improve is shading,linework,body posture etc, wanna keep my drawing hand at good state for Uni this year.

Johnny B. Goode

Objectively Best MGS poster
Nebulae
I’m planning on, at some point in the far future, getting a race bike.

It’ll be a Yamaha R6, secondhand obviously, and hopefully pre-Euro4 restrictions so it doesn’t have ABS. Full race exhaust, aftermarket fairings so it keeps the bike light, Ohlins fully adjustable suspension; the works.

Something I’ve always wanted to do is motorbike racing. It’s like a burning passion of mine. I want to go quick around a track. I want to drag my knee and elbow across the ground at 70 mph around a corner. I want to dogfight someone, weaving in and out of each other in the last few laps to determine the winner.

Honestly all I need is a garage, a trailer and I’m sorted. It’s just a shame I cannot get any near me. It’s like an itch I can’t scratch.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

It’ll be a Yamaha R6, secondhand obviously, and hopefully pre-Euro4 restrictions so it doesn’t have ABS. Full race exhaust, aftermarket fairings so it keeps the bike light, Ohlins fully adjustable suspension; the works.

Something I’ve always wanted to do is motorbike racing. It’s like a burning passion of mine. I want to go quick around a track. I want to drag my knee and elbow across the ground at 70 mph around a corner. I want to dogfight someone, weaving in and out of each other in the last few laps to determine the winner.

Honestly all I need is a garage, a trailer and I’m sorted. It’s just a shame I cannot get any near me. It’s like an itch I can’t scratch.
go for it
prepare to blow a lot of money though
and probably break a few bones

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

Johnny no, I don’t want you to be another bike statistic

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
Mashallah BMW ultimate driving machine
[doublepost=1565891920][/doublepost]
Don’t worry Powley I promise you it’s perfectly safe because I’m fully in control of all of my actions
if you just wanna drive for fun just go on racetracks
if you're on the road there's a much higher risk for idiots