What's Next? - HL2RP: Early Days

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
Late reply, but, I don't feel like this holds any weight at this point. The Clockwork era ended, what, in late 2018? That's over half a decade ago. People change, they learn. I was a stupid retard back in 2018. I'm still a stupid retard now, but I've learned from others and improved through experiences. I think that applies to pretty much everyone. Someone who wasn't very good at roleplay (or contributing to it) a few years ago might be really good today.
he wasnt referring to past experiences, he was just referencing what they (armbands) spent most of this iteration doing lol

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
aren't there more than three people who've said they've tried and been denied it before

I've genuinely never heard of anyone actually pitching it with the intent to run it themselves (as opposed to trying to lobby for someone else to change their own idea).

By contrast, @alex has said that nothing would stop someone doing it while the main server ran. Just for whatever reason when that was said, everyone backed off of it.

image.png

Reactions: List

Zack

Proton
Nebulae
I haven't played gmod in a while, but I am always interested to see what can be cooked up. I've played the post-citadel-byebye iteration and it helped me form a new character I've enjoyed writing about 'til this day. Overall, I had fun - even if I wasn't too involved with the community itself. Gonna stay hopeful that whatever is planned will be enjoyable for all parties, and I'll prob give it a shot once it launches:)

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I've genuinely never heard of anyone actually pitching it with the intent to run it themselves (as opposed to trying to lobby for someone else to change their own idea).
Y'know with all the "semi-closed, weekend only, episodic" stuff, I'll deadass do it and write a whole ass story for it all but the catch is y'all are Vortigaunts. You start in Xen just before BM, you'll go through all of the BM stuff and then for those of you that survive then have to survive through the wilderness, the rise/fall of the Combine and the aftermath. I'll make y'all roll stats like you're playing a HL2 D&D expansion and if you die maybe I'll boot you from the campaign, maybe I'll let you rejoin somehow as a new character. It'd be fun to see who could survive the longest and make it through the story.

That's my offer, take it or leave it.
Excuse me waiter, this post is in light mode, please send it back

Mute

`impulse-approved
Nebulae

By contrast, @alex has said that nothing would stop someone doing it while the main server ran. Just for whatever reason when that was said, everyone backed off of it.

image.png
i am terrified of the fact that rabid can access my ip whenever he wants

Ricsow

professional retard
HL2 RP Administrator
Media Developer
Nebulae
i am terrified of the fact that rabid can access my ip whenever he wants
Hey Mute I gotta ask you of a favor, I can't access this website for some reason. Can you please go onto it and send me a screenshot of it? Thank you

boots

spooky skellys
HL2 RP Senior Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hey Mute I gotta ask you of a favor, I can't access this website for some reason. Can you please go onto it and send me a screenshot of it? Thank you
anyone else feelin a little 127.0.0.1 rn?

Chezburger

american idiot
Nebulae
good luck nathan, ron, and the rest of the staff team, i hope you guys have fun and make some memories.

push through whatever bullshit comes up and you'll be good