What's so appealing about Roleplay

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
People die. They're a threat. I don't like to think about them. RP provides an escape from the thought of terrorism
you live in the states, terrorism is something that can happen at any second here and i'm not afraid.

Aziatsky

Proton
Nebulae
you live in the states, terrorism is something that can happen at any second here and i'm not afraid.
I didn't say afraid. I said I think about it.
[doublepost=1475079176][/doublepost]lol UK flag because VPN. im inflitrating their country > : )

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I didn't say afraid. I said I think about it.
[doublepost=1475079176][/doublepost]lol UK flag because VPN. im inflitrating their country > : )
but why do you think about it, your chances of actually getting attacked by ISIS are low as hell

Reactions: List

Aziatsky

Proton
Nebulae
but why do you think about it, your chances of actually getting attacked by ISIS are low as hell
Because I don't only think about myself? I think about those who are directly effected/can be hit with it. Did you just assume I was a pyschopath?

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Because I don't only think about myself? I think about those who are directly effected/can be hit with it. Did you just assume I was a pyschopath?
but what do you even have to do with those people? why do you think about them? i don't start going into brainstorming about all the people who could be killed here because of terrorism.

Aziatsky

Proton
Nebulae
but what do you even have to do with those people? why do you think about them? i don't start going into brainstorming about all the people who could be killed here because of terrorism.
because they're human beings and deserve the chances that people in 1st world countries have.

Aziatsky

Proton
Nebulae
pretty sure al-qaeda does the same things ISIS did for far longer, pretty sure you weren't stuck thinking about the victims back then.
I simply used ISIS because of relevance. I still thought of the victims.

Aziatsky

Proton
Nebulae
still going back to the question on why you care so much about strangers that it effects your life
I just said roleplay distracts me from thinking about real life. I used thoughts that occur often in real life as examples. My life isn't effected besides the thoughts.

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I just said roleplay distracts me from thinking about real life. I used thoughts that occur often in real life as examples. My life isn't effected besides the thoughts.
but if you get to the point you need to be distracted to stop thinking about something it does effect your life

Reactions: List

Dr.Towers

Nucleus
Nebulae
I've been wondering what does everyone find appealing about Roleplay wether it be HL2RP or Roleplaying in games like fallout, I'm just curious to find out

I've been asking myself this for a year, then I've quit

Mangiyko

Vortigaunt Faction Lead.
Nebulae
It's a fun way to ignore real life concerns and stressors. The reason I like roleplaying is the same reason I like reading a good book or watching a good movie. Immersing yourself in an alternate reality where you're either put in the shoes of or watch the exploits of a fictional character with their own thoughts, personality, dreams, and desires apart from your own is just fun. You can experience exciting adventures in a virtual setting where your own decisions actually have a lasting effect on the other characters around 'you'.

Roleplaying is a lot like writing your own unbound book. With your character being your story's protagonist.