Why did FTRP fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hudson

Electron
Nebulae
When writing about communities for the archive I try to explain the reasons behind why a server ended. If there were people that had a negative influence in the scene then I'd rather explain what those actions were and what the impact was, and avoid talking about the actual person.

So the questions are:
  • What were the primary reasons that the servers ended?
  • Were there any issues that caused harm, but weren't the direct reason that the servers ended?
  • What could have been done to keep the servers alive and popular?
Please note which server you're referring to. I understand that there were FTRP and QZRP servers under LemonPunch in 2015, and an FTRP server under nebulous in 2016. For the server which came after that, which year did it run, and what was the name of the community? Also if I missed any other FTRP/QZRP servers then let me know. Any answers for any of the servers is fine, you don't need to have an answer for everything.

Reactions: List

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
mutants being anything beyond an event faction and the people who did have them, both in and out of events were inconsistent with how much power each one had

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
As a staff member i'd like to mainly point the finger at the shitty mutant lead who didn't tell anyone admins who had what powers, leading to dumb powers like Astro being the unkillable Hulk who levels up from PKing people. The people was also a big problem as many of them were simply in it for the scripts and would have done anything for them.

For once the staff, minus like maybe two people, weren't the issue. Most of the staff were doing events daily and keeping shit interesting but at the end most of us got fed up with the bullshit of peoples throwing hissyfits for dying fairly.

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
I believe it was a combination of disinterest, bad management which caused disinterest, and the combination of super power rp, and zombie survival rp that did it for that server.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the mil rem lead was awful dealing with, Dingo had to basically lead the faction himself on his LT because the regular lead was so innactive

apps were infrequently accepted since I think I made mine in like the second week of the server and it was still pending without a response by the time it shut down

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
i became staff to make events and i liked it. i made events for people who i knew wouldn't fuck around and i had general fun doing story based events for people where i gave them fuck all and just had a fun time.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
I didn't play much of it (but when I did), the authorizations being given by stupid staff was a big no-no.
Ye dude, people with teleportation, light speed and shit like that sure are balanced and not immortal wells of cancer.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
ftrp always seems to fuckin die the moment they accept a mutant with "teleportation" or some other stupid ability

happened on neb ftrp, happened in the standalone one

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
ftrp always seems to fuckin die the moment they accept a mutant with "teleportation" or some other stupid ability

dont think anyone had that

the mutant powers i can remember is

deadpool aka regeneration
eletrco-man
i had a mutant who could sniff u and tell if u were lying or not based on a roll
astro the hulk
batman detective vision

i dont know anyothers cause the mutant lead, despite being asked to, never made an admin mutant list

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae

Like I said, mutants don't belong to be anything outside of an event faction as they're absolute cancer to deal with when you get regular players using them

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
In the brief period that I played nebulous FTRP, I only encountered 'bandits' and similar players running around looking for scriptspawns or people to rob, mainly (from what I gathered from some) because the only other thing there was to do was talk to people or wait for specific characters / staff to come online and organise events/quests.

Kudos to the staff that pumped out as much events as they could, but you can't really depend on the staff carrying the server on the long term if players can't do much without them.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I was apart of one of the larger groups, Los Chicos Blancos and I remember a lot of frustration between all of us since we were witnessing groups like ALF and other "militias" being authed things like SMGs and shotguns, but we could barely get our hands on one pistol when we had twice the members

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I was apart of one of the larger groups, Los Chicos Blancos and I remember a lot of frustration between all of us since we were witnessing groups like ALF and other "militias" being authed things like SMGs and shotguns, but we could barely get our hands on one pistol when we had twice the members
You guys got unfairly fucked we tried to OOCly organise a peace so you guys could come on and not die but "someone" ruined it by bitching out over their character who they deleted.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
From what I've seen and played the server seemed to fail for the same reasons every time - primarily there being no dynamic players could really keep themselves interested in without the staff team doing constant events to keep people happy, mutants running amok every time on top of the playerbase in general not bothering to take the setting seriously after a while.

In the end people just gave up and started doing whatever they wanted.

I think the biggest killer of the Neb one though (and correct me @egg) was the entire server dynamic shifting in like... a month instead of several months; that being the MilRem being shot up and forced out leaving no backbone so it dissolved into bandits and scriptplayers.

Mutants were also a massive issue in every iteration from what I saw spilled over onto the forums and when I jumped in game.

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You guys got unfairly fucked we tried to OOCly organise a peace so you guys could come on and not die but "someone" ruined it by bitching out over their character who they deleted.
It got to the point where a lot of us stopped flagging on the characters because people in the ALF were so PK hungry the moment they saw someone with a hispanic name appear on the scoreboard they'd manhunt the entire town to find one of us and kill us

That lead to most of us leaving the server, it was just fucking annoying honestly dude

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
I think the biggest killer of the Neb one though (and correct me @egg) was the entire server dynamic shifting in like... a month instead of several; that being the MilRem being shot up and forced out leaving no backbone so it dissolved into bandits and scriptplayers.
Neb one died because toasty didn't want to lead. He legit became SD because he left then powley got into a crash and chester left so they begged him back.

Jaf

Thanks, I hate it
Nebulae
A lot of things contributed to the downfall of FTRP and it's following resurrection as an independent server.
The biggest glaring issue was an incompetent staff alongside the poorly defined dynamic between the groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.