Why did FTRP fail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
so you're enticed to purchase the whole package. he's pretty much guaranteeing 100 tokens :wheelchair:
That's a loss leader, which is an acceptable business practice on one item. You make one cheap thing cheaper than it should be, in order to guarantee business. It draws people in to buy that one thing, which also makes them more likely to impulse buy something else along the way. This doesn't work when
A: you're only selling 3 things
and
B: your bundled price is lower than the individual price of the best item.

Nobody is going to pay the 120 for sex, or Sex + something else when they can just pay 100 and get the entire package. Full packages shouldn't be lower than the individual cost of the most expensive item. They should be lower than the grouped cost, and higher than the most expensive item.

Hell, even the wank and bj there is more expensive than getting all 3.

Retail 101.

I rate Daisy as a failed entrepreneur.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
That's a loss leader, which is an acceptable business practice on one item. You make one cheap thing cheaper than it should be, in order to guarantee business. It draws people in to buy that one thing, which also makes them more likely to impulse buy something else along the way. This doesn't work when
A: you're only selling 3 things
and
B: your bundled price is lower than the individual price of the best item.

Nobody is going to pay the 120 for sex, or Sex + something else when they can just pay 100 and get the entire package. Full packages shouldn't be lower than the individual cost of the most expensive item. They should be lower than the grouped cost, and higher than the most expensive item.

Hell, even the wank and bj there is more expensive than getting all 3.

Retail 101.

I rate Daisy as a failed entrepreneur.

shes selling low to guarantee sales

its a valid business decision

Reactions: List

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
but businesses do it quite often

they sell something low, drag you in

and it motivates you to come back another time
That's what I mentioned above. But a loss leader isn't effective when you can buy *everything* the business has for cheaper than the best item, or a combination of any two.

It cheap, and a waste of potential income. It's also not listed as like a temporary sale, just a standard deal.

Like I said, bad business decision.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
That's what I mentioned above. But a loss leader isn't effective when you can buy *everything* the business has for cheaper than the best item, or a combination of any two.

It cheap, and a waste of potential income. It's also not listed as like a temporary sale, just a standard deal.

Like I said, bad business decision.

shes a prostitute

its not like she has other wares to sell

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
shes a prostitute

its not like she has other wares to sell
Exactly. Therefore she's wasting her potential and potential profits. A loss leader would be bundling the first two for 100 or 90 or something, rather than bundling everything together for cheaper than any bundle of two, and cheaper than the 'best' product.

It's a bad business decision. Great for consumers, bad from a business standpoint.

This is a dumb argument.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Exactly. Therefore she's wasting her potential and potential profits. A loss leader would be bundling the first two for 100 or 90 or something, rather than bundling everything together for cheaper than any bundle of two, and cheaper than the 'best' product.

It's a bad business decision. Great for consumers, bad from a business standpoint.

This is a dumb argument.

Nychi you literally argue over anything

JohnLugo

Atom
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Flamebait/shitposting
You stopped shortly after being demoted for a massive fiasco of an event in which you ruined a a couple weeks of work with an unauthorized set of events which completely ruined player agency, burnt down player encampments, and didn't give people an option to prevent it.

You also observered away from people initiating s2k on your ''event" character, while you and/or your admin team started insulting people in OOC and PM's telling them they didn't deserve player agency because they can't make their own decisions.

It was so fucked that Chester showed up and demoted you, and actually added me and personally apologized for what happened.

Me, literally one of the most insignificant and disliked players around.
hi wolfey :3

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
7D081B1AB07A2BFBD9BDFA1327CB2D102C28C229

ok finlay

the fuck is this

that isnt how business works

the full combo should be less than all 3 combined, not less than one of the options lmfao

LykosNychi

Nucleus
Nebulae
Man I love when people say this to someone. It's the be all end all, because even if you point out that they started it, or you were just defending your position, the response is always "see look you're arguing again".

the fuck is this

that isnt how business works

the full combo should be less than all 3 combined, not less than one of the options lmfao
See this guy gets it.

TheInnkeeper

Fear the Old Blood
Premium Member
Nebulae
Man I love when people say this to someone. It's the be all end all, because even if you point out that they started it, or you were just defending your position, the response is always "see look you're arguing again".
but you do argue about literally everything

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

See this guy gets it.

You know if you took the effort you put into arguing on a roleplay forum into a job in real life you could be pretty successful bro

maga

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae

And so, Frundtech's road came to an end... for now. In the new world of the GMod Serious Roleplay Community, fighting continued, blood was spilled, and many lived and died - just as they had in the 'Old Days'.

D

Deleted member 22

You stopped shortly after being demoted for a massive fiasco of an event in which you ruined a a couple weeks of work with an unauthorized set of events which completely ruined player agency, burnt down player encampments, and didn't give people an option to prevent it.

You also observered away from people initiating s2k on your ''event" character, while you and/or your admin team started insulting people in OOC and PM's telling them they didn't deserve player agency because they can't make their own decisions.

It was so fucked that Chester showed up and demoted you, and actually added me and personally apologized for what happened.

Me, literally one of the most insignificant and disliked players around.
Yes hi Chester personally told me to make an event and be the big bad guy and i had to set up a predetermined ending because he told me I had to get it done and it had to be done X way so we could change maps

Sorry I didnt stop the entire event and have it all cut short because you wanted your "the ebic hero" option you dullard. I would do the same thing again just because it allowed players to enjoy what was going on and have the predeternined death happen which was a lot better than "that dude with the furry profile trick shotted him"

Status
Not open for further replies.