Wild, wacky, crazy RP server ideas - post your own!

Nordtrash

Proton
Nebulae
SO.
I'd love to know what kind of wild ideas for RPing servers you all have thought of - because I just had an interesting idea myself.

Post your ideas here, discuss, comment, shitpost and so on, it'll be fun!

I can almost guarantee that none of the ideas will probably ever pick up, but this is all just food for thought. Assuming, people actually get interested in this thread and start posting their own.

My idea? or at least one of them

Dino Crisis. You know that old-ish, 1999 survival game with big-ass motherfucking dinosaurs? Yeah, that's the one. Imagine if we had a RP server based on the Dino Crisis games. The atmosphere would probably be intense. Also, it'd probably be for the best if we gave Dino Crisis a twist of our own. Instead of being limited on some island, maybe we should make the dino crisis global? (see what i did there?) Not what I'd personally want, but that's just an example about giving it a twist of our own. There'd be three obvious factions as well;

• Civilians/Survivors and the like, you get the idea. Maximum FearRP.
  • Dinosaurs. Player-controlled, of course, because RP. No NPCs because S2K with dinosaurs would be weird. Different dinosaurs are available - maybe some basic ones are available at start, auths for bigger dinorinos?
  • U.S. Military/S.O.R.T - Secret Operation Raid Team. The personnel running the labs/facilities on the island, scientists, soldiers, government officials, etc etc etc. May or may not be hostile against civilians, 'cause, you know, they might not want the rest of the world know about fucking dinosaurs being free and eating people.
Yeah! Again, this definitely isn't a server suggestion - just a cool idea. If you plan on posting, no need to make it like this post - make it shorter or longer, in any way you want, as long as you get the idea out and maybe some discussion.

"hehe im gonna post a memerp ekkxss ddDDd" - you

i'll fucking dumb truck you if you do mate

Reactions: List

Moon

Quark
Nebulae
metro rp was boring I thought. very similar to fallout RP (or any schema with an emphasis on looting for that matter) but more claustrophobic, which wasn't a good thing for me.

i think the witcher would be a good world to RP in, just don't think gmod is suitable for it. needs a proper developed melee combat system which I think would be a struggle

gExile

roleplayers paradise
Nebulae
i think the witcher would be a good world to RP in, just don't think gmod is suitable for it. needs a proper developed melee combat system which I think would be a struggle
i thought of witcher rp but i feel as if witcherrp would be boring since the idea of witcher game is that you're one of the few witchers left, hence why there's so much for you to do and you're the protagonist
not to mention you're the best witcher

in witcherrp everyone would have to be a witcher or it'd be pretty fucking boring imo, you could like, be some random peasant, farmer, alchemist, chemist or whatever those lads making medicine are and none of those really sound much fun
not to note the monsters, would they be AI/real players? would the monsters only be event or not? all that jazz

Edgelord Freeman

Electron
Nebulae
i thought of witcher rp but i feel as if witcherrp would be boring since the idea of witcher game is that you're one of the few witchers left, hence why there's so much for you to do and you're the protagonist

in witcherrp everyone would have to be a witcher or it'd be pretty fucking boring imo, you could like, be some random peasant, farmer, alchemist, chemist or whatever those lads making medicine are and none of those really sound much fun
not to note the monsters, would they be AI/real players? would the monsters only be event or not? all that jazz
I loved Metro RP as it was RP based off two games from my favorite list. Though I only played on a Russian server and didn´t understand shit, it for sure was fun being a gasoline courier, afterwards getting killed by Reich in a dark alley just when my filter was almost out. I even remember finding an AK on the rails and how damn scary it was to hear all of the mutant voices around the tunnels. It was something very atmospherical and always offered you something to do, that is with players of course.

Moon

Quark
Nebulae
not to mention you're the best witcher

I think that's a problem with every rp - applies to hl2, fallout and even metro. I guess one of the alleviating factors is that it's kind of a supernatural and grimdark world so you could really be quite lenient with what RP you could allow.

depends what the setting is. if it's rural then I suppose the monsters would be quite frequent out in the woods and such; in most cases they'd have to be NPCs as a lot of them work in numbers. more powerful monsters would presumably be player controlled and for events.

seems like it'd be a lot to code as well, probably not worth it. I've noticed a few decent medieval RP servers on Gmod but they don't seem too serious

Reactions: List

Nordtrash

Proton
Nebulae
I don't really see why people want Deus Ex RP. What's so appealing about it?

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
Not a wild nor wacky idea.
W40kRP.
A serious roleplay server which would be based around the life of Imperial Guardsmen, with Space Marines being rarer than OTA's and requiring extremely difficult-to-get auths. You would be able to play Chaos which would have a different playstyle (a more HL2RP rebel-like playstyle).

If you could reenact things that happens in the W40K novels, (specifically Dan Abnett's books) you would have an amazing RP experience. You could make it so that the map is similar to that of Outlands in HL2RP where you have a constant struggle of power and sides fight for control of areas, (also similar to WW3RP).

It would basically be WW3RP with a W40K skin (w40k being alot more interesting than generic ww3 lore) and the passive would be alot more interesting due to how rich the w40k lore is.

Erid

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
I've been saying this for ages but... Fucking Mass Effect RP, the universe is so fucking rich there's so much to work with.
I've got a fuckton of detail written up somewhere but I'm on my phone so rip