With Half-Life 2 Roleplay on the decline

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
*Song name fits the thread better

gpNDIde.png

I feel like HL2RP isn't quite what it used to be with the much lower population around Garry's Mod as of late, losing much of the soul and atmosphere of the communities around it. It's rare to find a server that takes itself seriously without being filled with crappy satire and overuse of a single map/content.

At times it seems as if the server holds back from outlandish ideas that would honestly be interesting to try even if it breaks the lore, instead sticking to a meh or okay setting with some cool concepts added in.

Looking back at the old Lemonpunch forum I see a lot of faces that made being there an amazing experience that after shutting down seemed to just fade away never to be seen again, going off to other things and projects.

I think the fault to HL2RP right now is making HD content but never in depth stories like in the past, settling for Cool looking maps than the characters themselves [Yes those EDGY models and characters still added something to the server feel.] Events never leave a major impact on the server and pass over soon after like they never happened.

The Half-Life community is mostly a shell of it's former self with some good stuff coming out of it at a rather slow pace, sometimes never coming out. Becoming a cesspool of lackluster developments and less desirable users.

That's all I currently have to say on the matter that I can fit into a easy to read thread, I hope other like minded users agree with the terrible excuse of certain people involved in the degeneration of the gamemode and variants of it

Last edited:

Knight

`impulse-approved
B A N N E D
Nebulae
You do realize the mere idea of HL2RP has been around for almost a decade and it's a miracle it's even lasted that long right?

D

Deleted member 19

Everyone agrees that this community and HL2RP is stagnating, but it'll continue to stagnate due to people not being able to discuss solutions? Why you might ask?

Because the various threads that touch on the singular issues of the stagnation turn into meme threads, shit tossing contests, or people in charge of certain areas begin to compliment eachother and refuse to take the blame or point it at the people at fault. There's a lot of division, and a lot of people who simply don't understand what they're doing.

Gabby

Atom
Nebulae
You do realize the mere idea of HL2RP has been around for almost a decade and it's a miracle it's even lasted that long right?
Has it gotten any better? It depends on the server. While it's become more advance with all the new plugins and addons, the more old school half-life style either faded or got too extreme with the iteration.

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
Everyone agrees that this community and HL2RP is stagnating, but it'll continue to stagnate due to people not being able to discuss solutions? Why you might ask?

Because the various threads that touch on the singular issues of the stagnation turn into meme threads, shit tossing contests, or people in charge of certain areas begin to compliment eachother and refuse to take the blame or point it at the people at fault. There's a lot of division, and a lot of people who simply don't understand what they're doing.

Just because people told you off for suggesting stuff about a topic you haven't been part of or experienced for a while - which is pretty logical seeing as since you don't know what's going on your suggestions will be quite random - doesn't mean people aren't able to discuss solutions in this community

Reactions: List

Cabbage

Female
Nebulae
Has it gotten any better? It depends on the server. While it's become more advance with all the new plugins and addons, the more old school half-life style either faded or got too extreme with the iteration.

all the old boys are leaving and the new kids are coming in

suppose it's a good and a bad thing, although mainly bad (imo)

D

Deleted member 19

Just because people told you off for suggesting stuff about a topic you haven't been part of or experienced for a while - which is pretty logical seeing as since you don't know what's going on your suggestions will be quite random - doesn't mean people aren't able to discuss solutions to problems in this community

I wasn't even talking about that.

What I posted here was addressing a community wide issue, unlike you and the group of people who decide to bring bad ratings and random hate on me for personal reasons. I'm trying to be civilized and polite by not naming names and turning this thread into a war.

Can we just stop this here so it doesn't turn into a shitfest?

FriendlyMan

eating seeds as a pastime activity
B A N N E D
Nebulae
yeah, i dont remember the last time i saw a new member join the community and then go on to play it a lot and try to contribute to the server and apply for whitelists and roleplay.

i know a few, maybe youre just not inclusive to new players :/

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
I wasn't even talking about that.

What I posted here was addressing a community wide issue, unlike you and the group of people who decide to bring bad ratings and random hate on me for personal reasons. I'm trying to be civilized and polite by not naming names and turning this thread into a war.

Can we just stop this here so it doesn't turn into a shitfest?
Okay but FYI I don't know who you are nor do I play HL2RP nor have I rated any of your posts I'm just saying that it's quite funny that you're in the mindset that suggestions aren't listened to in the community just because yours weren't - it's insulting to a lot of staff members and such because nebulous is a community that actually listens to players and has an open suggestion system where the whole playerbase old or new can vote upon said suggestions - obviously with relevant information otherwise it's ignored

D

Deleted member 19

Okay but FYI I don't know who you are nor do I play HL2RP nor have I rated any of your posts I'm just saying that it's quite funny that you're in the mindset that suggestions aren't listened to in the community just because yours weren't - it's insulting to a lot of staff members and such because nebulous is a community that actually listens to players and has an open suggestion system where the whole playerbase old or new can vote upon said suggestions - obviously with relevant information otherwise it's ignored

I thought about not responding, but I just have to here.

Having an attitude where you think everything is fine and that saying that there is something wrong is frowned upon won't make this situation any better. Right now, ideas are being practiced that don't work and do harm the server, they harm it a great deal.

You said in your first person that I was inexperienced with Rebel RP (something I had been apart of for a very long time, years even) yet you yourself say you don't even play HL2RP. So how you suggest I'm arrogant and am only complaining because my suggestion wasn't listened to (it wasn't even my suggestion to begin with.)

Anyways, I'm not trying to call out any individual staff member; if you want to find that out, go to the various threads about the state of the server. What I'm trying to get across to you and everyone else is that some people in positions of power here are trying to push ideas which don't work and are harming this community.

rang

aussie turk
Nebulae
You said in your first person that I was inexperienced with Rebel RP (something I had been apart of for a very long time, years even) yet you yourself say you don't even play HL2RP. So how you suggest I'm arrogant and am only complaining because my suggestion wasn't listened to (it wasn't even my suggestion to begin with.)
I said I don't play HL2RP right now - I was a resistance member when you were one and both before and after you were one, and I know for a fact that if people I know are active on the server say you're no longer part of it, they're speaking the truth.

Also, I never said you were inexperienced - I've said "experienced for a while" as in that you haven't recently experienced RebelRP in its' current state. Also, sure you've been part of it for years but there are quite a lot of people who know what they're doing - and they've been doing that for longer than you, too.

Sure, things aren't perfect but stating that the community doesn't listen to solutions or suggestions is such an over exaggeration that it's making you look really, really funny - which is why you got your ratings and your hate, not because of personal reasons as you claim.