Wolf Among Us 2 Cancelled, Telltale Files for Bankruptcy

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
so i will never see what happened to the forresters

fuck me man

how the fuck does a company fuck up so bad

go with "rodrick kills ludd and wins the war (by the rules of the game), their homeland gets burned to the ground, then they return with a much stronger army and slaughter the whitehills or sue for peace with them"

Goatson

Guardian
Nebulae
go with "rodrick kills ludd and wins the war (by the rules of the game), their homeland gets burned to the ground, then they return with a much stronger army and slaughter the whitehills or sue for peace with them"
i genuinely theorized about ttg doing some story about the remaining forresters living in exile with another good-hearted house and then through events connecting with the main series get support from bigger people and return home to drive off the whitehills and yada yada

man imma miss asher

GustavasSve

Don’t forget Hawaii!
Nebulae
Who did you save btw, Asher or the other guy, forgot his name.

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
i genuinely theorized about ttg doing some story about the remaining forresters living in exile with another good-hearted house and then through events connecting with the main series get support from bigger people and return home to drive off the whitehills and yada yada

man imma miss asher

could be the case as the only reason s2 hasn't been released yet is cause they want the tv series to end first

Who did you save btw, Asher or the other guy, forgot his name.

rodrick as the eldest son, cause he survived the red wedding and cause of his connection with the glenmores (unborn child, possible successor to the house if the others die)

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
only reason i didn't buy any of telltale's games is none of your choices mattered

you'd save someone then they'd die or leave your group, never to be seen again, and their story either never mentioned or you'd get a credits roll that stated "x character was last seen at x location, doing x activity"

that was the dumbest fucking thing ever, like i want my choices to matter. i know that, in rimworld, if i forget to make a rice farm for my 10 colonists i have to either choose to raid a nearby colonoy for food, raid the area adjacent for all the animals on the map, or sacrifice a few colonists and eat them and ALL those choices matter, and have their own outcomes and consequences

none of that happened in any of the telltale games i saw, so whats the point when i can just watch the movie / a compilation of the game in a movie format on youtube?

sots

community bear
Nebulae
1528999802035.jpg

*SIPPPPPPPPPP*
*smacks lips*

"Sam & Max. Now THAT was a game."

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
only reason i didn't buy any of telltale's games is none of your choices mattered

you'd save someone then they'd die or leave your group, never to be seen again, and their story either never mentioned or you'd get a credits roll that stated "x character was last seen at x location, doing x activity"

that was the dumbest fucking thing ever, like i want my choices to matter. i know that, in rimworld, if i forget to make a rice farm for my 10 colonists i have to either choose to raid a nearby colonoy for food, raid the area adjacent for all the animals on the map, or sacrifice a few colonists and eat them and ALL those choices matter, and have their own outcomes and consequences

none of that happened in any of the telltale games i saw, so whats the point when i can just watch the movie / a compilation of the game in a movie format on youtube?
that was kinda the point, season 1 of TWD was so good to people because the illusion of choices mattering was there but honestly I enjoyed them simply as interactive narratives

Reactions: List

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
honestly as a company im glad telltale is dead. obviously it's tragic that so many people were laid off but it seems like they're getting offers from companies with a better work environment, telltale has been shit for a while, like who honestly gave a shit about TWD season 3? the telltale engine has been buggy as all hell for a long time and your 'choices' have never had impact. i'd much rather watch a movie than play a so-called 'game'.

i liked poker night 1 and 2, i thought twd s1 and s2 were great and i think the wolf among us was fantastic, but telltale games for the past few years have all been the same and you'd get more interactivity out of a Doctor Who Decide Your Destiny book. (fyi i would fucking love to see a TWAU movie)

i hope the laid off employees have no problem landing a new job. from what i've read, TellTale never fucking cared about their employees (multiple people tiredlessly working long hours overtime to work on TWD s4 and then never getting a penny for it)

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
all i want is season 2 for game of thrones so we can wrap up the story once and for all :(