World of Warcraft

Deleted member 442

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Wow raiding requires no skill atm
as if it ever required skill. vanilla tanking was literally spam sunder armor and there was fuck all for mechanics.

if i had to compare current raids to older raids i'd say current raids offer more in terms of mechanics and difficulty. vanilla raids weren't necessarily difficult, just time consuming with attunements and getting your resistances up and there was the pain in the ass managing 40 people bullshit. tbc raids weren't even difficult either.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Papatouille

Quark
Nebulae
Wow raiding requires no skill atm
plays a hunter in pvp

Only when you gear your character out for mythics, then you can say "raiding takes no skill."

It's grindy, yes, it's poorly made scaling wise, I'll give it that. But there's a reason you can't gather a random group and kill Soc', Archimonde or Iskar... it's because raiding, to an extent, at the mythic level is hard. Normal raiding is for casuals, heroic for skilled players to an extent, and mythic, for those who genuinely know how to maximize their class to its full potential and work as a team. But even then, I can garuntee you, grab a random group of people that have never been through the raid before and only read guides on what to do, and you WILL wipe on normal. The reason difficulties scale is to keep it fresh and separate the big-dogs from the bottom feeders.

If you link me a mythic geared character that is yours, then you have every right to say I'm wrong. But until then, you can't say "raiding requires no skill," because if that were the case, you'd be decked out in mythic gear.

Not only this, but only 2% of Wowhead users have actually killed Archimonde on Mythic difficulty. 19% killed him on Heroic and 39% killing him on normal.

Not to mention, nothing about Wowraiding has changed. If anything, raiding has gotten harder. The reason raids were rarely completed in Vanilla was because everyone was ass at the game and there were not as many guides as there are now. Have you ever done Naxxramas in Vanilla? Probably not because it wasn't even in the 1% of signed-up users that were able to complete it. But you know what the fight was? Grind all weekday for reputation just to enter the damn raid, then grind potions and professions to you'll use up quickly, spamming them as often as possible and the wiping. If that's the raiding you want, so be it but I can say this for sure, at high-tier raiding, it will almost be the same. Of course professions in WoD were autistically easy, but they were still there and are still very important to raid groups. Leather workers making war-drums, alchemist especially for making potions and elixers, first-aid which supplies the group with healing tonics (which is in my opinion, way better then alchemy doing it such as in previous expansions) and so on.

Cal

Muggy Cunt
Nebulae
plays a hunter in pvp

Only when you gear your character out for mythics, then you can say "raiding takes no skill."

It's grindy, yes, it's poorly made scaling wise, I'll give it that. But there's a reason you can't gather a random group and kill Soc', Archimonde or Iskar... it's because raiding, to an extent, at the mythic level is hard. Normal raiding is for casuals, heroic for skilled players to an extent, and mythic, for those who genuinely know how to maximize their class to its full potential and work as a team. But even then, I can garuntee you, grab a random group of people that have never been through the raid before and only read guides on what to do, and you WILL wipe on normal. The reason difficulties scale is to keep it fresh and separate the big-dogs from the bottom feeders.

If you link me a mythic geared character that is yours, then you have every right to say I'm wrong. But until then, you can't say "raiding requires no skill," because if that were the case, you'd be decked out in mythic gear.

Not only this, but only 2% of Wowhead users have actually killed Archimonde on Mythic difficulty. 19% killed him on Heroic and 39% killing him on normal.

Not to mention, nothing about Wowraiding has changed. If anything, raiding has gotten harder. The reason raids were rarely completed in Vanilla was because everyone was ass at the game and there were not as many guides as there are now. Have you ever done Naxxramas in Vanilla? Probably not because it wasn't even in the 1% of signed-up users that were able to complete it. But you know what the fight was? Grind all weekday for reputation just to enter the damn raid, then grind potions and professions to you'll use up quickly, spamming them as often as possible and the wiping. If that's the raiding you want, so be it but I can say this for sure, at high-tier raiding, it will almost be the same. Of course professions in WoD were autistically easy, but they were still there and are still very important to raid groups. Leather workers making war-drums, alchemist especially for making potions and elixers, first-aid which supplies the group with healing tonics (which is in my opinion, way better then alchemy doing it such as in previous expansions) and so on.

You do realise I was joking right? Yes it's difficult whilst doing mythic HFC, but when you have your gear you can easily call it easy, due to no content being updated, therefore making pvp better IMO.

Papatouille

Quark
Nebulae
You do realise I was joking right? Yes it's difficult whilst doing mythic HFC, but when you have your gear you can easily call it easy, due to no content being updated, therefore making pvp better IMO.
Oh, alright. My bad

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
haha i love wow. i don't like retail because its too mainstream. i enjoy playing nostalrius until about 3 months ago. only made played it until i was like level 38 or something haha but it was good times.

going back to not having random dungeon finder had me like :eek:->:p->:rolleyes:->o_O->:confused:->:oops:->:mad:-:mad:->:D

used to play conquest of the horde which was a private RP server.

Bork

Roleplay Punisher
Nebulae
i had a lvl 60 undead warlock on nostalrius and got to raid MC and ony 3 times before it shut down

feelsbadman

Deleted member 61

donator without a cause
Nebulae
o7 Nostalrius

susan-boyle-873196098.jpg

Nothing good lasts forever...

hi im gosu

irrelevant union bias
Nebulae
yo someone wanna boost my night elf hunter lvl 90 through sunwell plateau for a 9% drop chance legendary bow? : P

SHINIXI

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Give me a few tokens on the new server, and we have a deal brother.

Merged:

Hmm like to see you on 2400+ arena rating fuck boy.
ok pay subscription for me and I'll get it in one month