[Writing] James {WIP}

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
The air was thick with smog and the wind blew viciously in the winter night. James’s fingers were beginning to turn purple from the frost, and every breath he took, James could see the steam exit his mouth. As James was walking past an Union shop, a mirror was propped in the display. James saw a man with long blonde hair, dark blue eyes, and a dirtied face. He had a sharp jaw, a short nose, and a beard slowly growing. James donned a blue jumpsuit, with a white undershirt underneath.In James’s left hand he held a suitcase .His brown boots were worn and beaten, and barely gave any support or warmth. He took his focus away from the mirror and looked up at the sky. There were barely any stars in the night sky. He continued walking until he reached an entrance to a metro station. A black rusty sign hung down that read “Red Tier and Above are forbidden to enter District Four.” James walked into the metro station and followed train tracks until he reached a tunnel.The metro station was dim lit by computer screens and dying lights.It was a little bit warmer in the metro station, but it was still cold .A steel beam and three barrels obstructed the way through the tunnel. He vaulted about the steel beam and headed down the tunnel. A foul stench was starting to arise, indicating that the Sewers were coming up. The opened up to a hall with a river of brown, thick water running down the middle of it. A metal bridge was placed to get across it. As James continued on, the stench became more foul. He covered his nose and mouth his undershirt to block some of the smell. He took a left at the exit of the tunnel and at the entrance to the sewers. The concrete in the sewers were slimy and you could easily slip on it. So hungry...My stomach keeps rumbling and my throat is dry. James had thought to himself. It had been a day and a half since James had eaten. The rations handed out by the Combine weren’t enough to keep anyone satisfied. I guess I have to eat and drink the shit. James remembered that he kept his daily ration from the day before. I won’t remember anything from yesterday though. He had approached an alcove where a bar had been made. A metal gate had lead into the bar and two red sofas were situated outside the metal gate. To the right of the alcove, another metal bridge was laid down that lead to tunnel passages. The tunnels either lead further into the earth or went to the surface. James proceeded to sit down on one of the red sofas. The sofa was uncomfortably hard and provided little to none cushion. James set his suitcase on his lap, unhooked the bronze hooks, and lifted the top. A small white with two stripes, plastic bag laid in the suitcase. He took the plastic bag and ripped it apart, making the contents spill out into his suitcase. The usually contents were, a little box containing fifty tokens, citizen supplements and a can of Union water.He picks up the can, cracks it open, and would slowly and painfully gulp the water down. He wanted to gag from the taste. The water was a metallic taste and wasn’t exactly clear, It have a hint of silver in it. After finishing the water, James crushed the can and threw it into the brown river in the middle of the room. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a crumbled piece of dirt stained paper, and a cracked plastic pen. I don’t exactly know if having Pen and Paper is considering contraband. But I think it becomes contraband if your ideas on the paper go against the Combine. He had pondered if he had ever been caught with the pen and Paper, would he get beaten, or would they glance over it. His hand began dancing across the paper, writing in a messy cursive. “The Combine. What are they? Who are they? They plant seeds of lies in our minds, keep on telling us that in the end, we'll be ok. That's exactly the opposite of what they want. They try to snuff out the resistance, but they cannot. You cannot snuff out an idea. The days are darker, the nights colder. The water doesn't flow as it used to. There is no more wildlife, for the exception of seagulls and crows. They're snuffing out our will to live. Will everything return to normal after the Combine are defeated. No. Nothing with return as it used to be. Mankind will be more corrected, but at what cost. Deer no longer roam freely, dogs no longer occupy city streets. One thing is worth living for. Seeing the fall of the combine and the rise of a new era. I ca-” The ink in the pen ran dry as he was writing more of his thoughts. James placed the pen and the paper into the suitcase, and snapped it shut. He grabbed it by the leather handle and got up from the sofa and walked across the metal bridge. A couple meters after the bridge, to the right, was a ruined hallway that lead to a ladder, which lead into a wrecked parking garage. James took the right, took a left, and was greeted to the ladder and the sound of poorly made music. He paid no attention to the music and proceeded down the ladder. The parking garage had a dank feeling to it and a chilled feel.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
I tell ya what, I love your writing.

Im an aspiring writer myself in a way. Yet it seems I never have time to write.

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
I tell ya what, I love your writing.

Im an aspiring writer myself in a way. Yet it seems I never have time to write.
Thanks my dude. I usually write before I go to bed, since this is usually when the ideas start flowing.

Reactions: List

NightVeil

Bringer of Sales
Nebulae
Thanks my dude. I usually write before I go to bed, since this is usually when the ideas start flowing.
That's always a good time. My only problem is ideas come to me, yet I can't write them down because im busy or I have nowhere to write it down.

But, I still try. Writing Mass Effect fan fiction is my cup of tea.