WW3 & HL2RP stuck on ''please wait while clockwork initializes''

sheep

Neutrino
Nebulae
So this is happening to me on both servers - it's just stuck on ''please wait while clockwork initializes''. I've tried reinstalling gmod numerous times, even reinstalling it on my SSD instead of HDD, I've tried restarting my router, disabling Garrys mod cloud sync, but nothing seems to work, I really want to play (especially WW3) so this is really frustrating :( . Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Try removing all your add-ons and then only subscribe to the ones which you need for said server.

sheep

Neutrino
Nebulae
already tried that :/, I've also tried connecting to the server with no addons at all, I even reinstalled steam once, nothing seems to work, this is the strangest issue I've ever had in any game ever, it's like no matter what I do, this persists.

sheep

Neutrino
Nebulae
about 8 minutes at most I think, I mean I could try waiting more, but when I open the console it's just flooded with some odd errors, and it just doesn't seem like it's gonna ever load. Though I guess I'll try logging in now and waiting even more time, because honestly I feel like I'm out of options here lol.

Angel

she/her/they nonbinary transfem
Nebulae
I've had this before, I just reconnected over and over until it worked and went away.

sheep

Neutrino
Nebulae
Do you remember how many times you've had to reconnect until it finally worked, more or less?

sheep

Neutrino
Nebulae
I reinstalled windows, I had to do it to fix some hard drive issues anyway so I thought, why not?

it worked.

Votra

Retired
Nebulae
It's a bit extreme to re-partition your hard-drive, the usual fix is going into console and typing init, I remember that working quite a long time ago for Clockwork. Hell that may have been in OpenAura too.

@alex am I right on this?

alex

I do things.
Head Staff
Nebulae
It's a bit extreme to re-partition your hard-drive, the usual fix is going into console and typing init, I remember that working quite a long time ago for Clockwork. Hell that may have been in OpenAura too.

@alex am I right on this?

You shouldn't be getting stuck on this anymore though, I fixed the main cause a long time ago unless some add on or plugin is causing load issues.

Reactions: List

sheep

Neutrino
Nebulae
I tried typing Init :/ , I tried like a 100 different things, but nothing worked, I guess something was wrong with my hard drive - it was acting really wierd until I reformatted it along with reinstalling windows, which led to this issue being resolved :d

AniDozik

Quark
Nebulae
So this is happening to me on both servers - it's just stuck on ''please wait while clockwork initializes''. I've tried reinstalling gmod numerous times, even reinstalling it on my SSD instead of HDD, I've tried restarting my router, disabling Garrys mod cloud sync, but nothing seems to work, I really want to play (especially WW3) so this is really frustrating :( . Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.
This is very problematic thing. Try this:
1. Desubscribe from all addons.
2. Delete addons in Garry's Mod folder.
3. Delete Garry's Mod folder.
4. Delete Garry's Mod from Steam.
5. Re-install Garry's Mod.
6. Install content for server (HL2RP or WW3RP).
7. Connect to sever.
If it's doesn't help - wait, wait and wait.

Reactions: List

sheep

Neutrino
Nebulae
This is very problematic thing. Try this:
1. Desubscribe from all addons.
2. Delete addons in Garry's Mod folder.
3. Delete Garry's Mod folder.
4. Delete Garry's Mod from Steam.
5. Re-install Garry's Mod.
6. Install content for server (HL2RP or WW3RP).
7. Connect to sever.
If it's doesn't help - wait, wait and wait.

Thanks, but the issue has already been resolved :D, also, I did try that, didn't work back then /: , nothing worked.