Zig's Map Development Thread

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
There seems to be some kind of map race going on, so we'll see how that turns out. There's plenty of people making interesting roleplay maps at the moment, but god if they all use the same format this going to be a mess. This is starting to look like a runthinkshootlive competition except it's for giant fucking roleplay maps.

I've been working on layout improvement for the map so I know what I'm building before I build it, which usually I don't do, but to ensure the City plays correctly and people are satisfied with layout and flow of the map, I have to. I intend on using the city as a proper transition into the traditionalist City aesthetic with more european buildings and textures. I can't assure you that it still won't be dirty as fuck, but it should light up and be a little bit more civilized in this district. The industrial district will remain as is, that being the idea.

I started real late last night, and working with MS Paint to make layouts is the most boring shit ever. I don't usually follow a specific scale on layouts, so I usually don't show them to people but to make sure that people sort of understand what's going on, I'll supply it.
52HKpTV.png

Let me give you a key here:
Blue is a combine pass-gate.
Red over top of something means it is covering it, the way the metro entrance works is that it's in the center of the building and the entrances of it are wrapped around so that they're on the left and right side of the building. I'm sure you still don't get what I mean-- but I'll show you once I have mapped it (which shouldn't take long to design or actually do). I'm trying to work on making roads not go to empty places, so if you see those roads sticking off with the pass-gates, they'll be looped around to connect eventually. It's just not something I'm working on at the moment.

Green means grass. Light gray means that they're environmental details. (Some of those shown in the layout are most likely temporary, I just have to decide if I'll have room for them in future, we're good on brush limit at the moment of course, but I'm being careful).

The important thing at this level is balance in the city. I can't do everyone's dreams and run a walkway across the entire rooftop of the cityscape, as that'd be incredible unfair on the CP side (of course unless they decide to make a freerunner division that climbs around on buildings?). You'll notice that in this map I'm not making a very large centralized Nexus due to me spreading outposts throughout the city. I thought the idea of having one big ass hunk of metal where all the CPs spawned was a little bit redundant, and that if they were spread out it would spice things up a little more.

Reactions: List

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
What're you planning for a slum area for City Rebels, if there is going to be one?

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
What're you planning for a slum area for City Rebels, if there is going to be one?
I'm not sure if you noticed, but there's an entire slum area already there. There will be slummier areas, but there's no dedicated circlejerking hole right now like there is at the atmosphere bar.

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
I'm not sure if you noticed, but there's an entire slum area already there. There will be slummier areas, but there's no dedicated circlejerking hole right now like there is at the atmosphere bar.
I meant for like /actual/ City rebels who hung out in D4 back in i17, without suits on.

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Someone complained about lighting or whatever so temporarily in this compile I made it day time.

Apartment complex
DNKhAxE.jpg

Metro entrance
U54B0wU.jpg

Train shit over the tunnel
m000WDc.jpg

Shadow Flex

Nucleus
Nebulae
Someone complained about lighting or whatever so temporarily in this compile I made it day time.

Apartment complex
DNKhAxE.jpg

Metro entrance
U54B0wU.jpg

Train shit over the tunnel
m000WDc.jpg
Glad my voice is heard. Good stuff.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
Used color correction. Let me know what you think.

Looks good, with a decent blend of impeding death and looking like a proper ghetto.

My advice would be to distance the foremost power line slightly left to avoid a greater chance of some APC driver crashing into it.

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
Looks good, with a decent blend of impeding death and looking like a proper ghetto.

My advice would be to distance the foremost power line slightly left to avoid a greater chance of some APC driver crashing into it.
Alright
This looks amazing
Thanks, it does look pretty rad with color correction I have to polish some more stuff and I'll keep chugging on forward and finish the map (hopefully) this year

zigbomb

Proton
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I broke color correction and it some how ended up looking even better, but it's way too dark so it can't stay.
xi71kHn.jpg

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I broke color correction and it some how ended up looking even better, but it's way too dark so it can't stay.
xi71kHn.jpg

no keep it

please it looks fucking incredible