Zombine's Coding Cabana

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
unless there's a bottomless pit or said pit is full of lava, you could always go down your side, cross the terrain, then back up the other side
cumbersome. besides, tall building to tall building travel — your grappling kit can only reach so far up.

Either way, I don't believe I can make it work, as it requires more physics than I know.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
cumbersome. besides, tall building to tall building travel — your grappling kit can only reach so far up.

Either way, I don't believe I can make it work, as it requires more physics than I know.

Make the player move X amount horizontally and Y amount vertically until contact with a wall?

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
Make the player move X amount horizontally and Y amount vertically until contact with a wall?
you'd need to calculate that based on the slope of the zipline every time, unless the zipline was always at a 45 degree slant or w/e

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
you'd need to calculate that based on the slope of the zipline every time, unless the zipline was always at a 45 degree slant or w/e

45 degrees.

Pressing space automatically detaches you and deletes the zip-lines.

Zombine

Nebulae
Soon as I get home in about half an hour I'll do a shitty illustration of why that'd be really fucking annoying to do.
well I got it to work, but it doesn't accurately simulate physics. your position is basically interpolated between point A and point B.

Reactions: List

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
well I got it to work, but it doesn't accurately simulate physics. your position is basically interpolated between point A and point B.
well fuck, that was fast

it was gonna be done in MS paint and everything :(

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

If you wanted it to accurately simulate physics, you'd have to add the zip-line bending under your weight as you slide down it, and you'd have to speed up at the mid-point and slow down at the start and end.

Zombine

Nebulae
If you wanted it to accurately simulate physics, you'd have to add the zip-line bending under your weight as you slide down it, and you'd have to speed up at the mid-point and slow down at the start and end.
i'm not about to go through all that trouble.

I am currently consulting an expert physicist (my sister) on how to make this work rofl.

Zombine

Nebulae
@Sectus
French is coming along nicely
sublime_text-04.08.16149.png

Zak

Resident xenophile
Nebulae
LANG.wordList =
{
"omelette du fromage", "remise", "craquelins", "putain de extraterrestres", "la natation", "fusil", "nègre", "guerre de course", "gazer les youpins", "farine", "voiture",
"requin", "serpent", "renard", "reculer", "sémantique", "maîtriser", "zut", "pop un bouchon", "train de rasoir", "nouvelle carte", "mauvais codeur", "fichus immigrés",
"chien", "clavier", "tirer sur les flics"
};

saved you some time

jamEs

fqjdlkmsbvqfgkhpoiuaeazer
Nebulae
LANG.wordList =
{
"omelette du fromage", "remise", "craquelins", "putain de extraterrestres", "la natation", "fusil", "nègre", "guerre de course", "gazer les youpins", "farine", "voiture",
"requin", "serpent", "renard", "reculer", "sémantique", "maîtriser", "zut", "pop un bouchon", "train de rasoir", "nouvelle carte", "mauvais codeur", "fichus immigrés",
"chien", "clavier", "tirer sur les flics"
};

saved you some time
"fils de pute"
"ta gueule"
"ta mère"

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
putain d'extraterrestres*

guerre de race*

gaze les feujs*

train rasoir*

Wanted to point out that the language flags do generate french words, but depending on what you type... well say for instance you typed "/fr Hello, My name is Laura/Bob", the translation would probably come out to be something like "Hello, rollercoaster chocolate milk". In the french version. Basically buncha jibberish x3

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
Wanted to point out that the language flags do generate french words, but depending on what you type... well say for instance you typed "/fr Hello, My name is Laura/Bob", the translation would probably come out to be something like "Hello, rollercoaster chocolate milk". In the french version. Basically buncha jibberish x3
Yeah, but the gibberish better be correctly written or I'll get angry.....