Zombine's Coding Cabana

Zombine

DevelopersDevelopersDevelop
Nebulae
nothing to do with coding really but here have a ridiculously HD screenshot of a scene in UE4 I'm working on

HighresScreenshot00000.png

If you want a giant version: http://zombine.me/ss/bench.png

Zombine

Nebulae
the clipping on the tree to the floor makes me sad
but yes is nice zombine for media dev!!!
o wow good eye i didn't notice that. i must have accidentally smoothed the floor and did that

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
o wow good eye i didn't notice that. i must have accidentally smoothed the floor and did that
also if you're gonna change it up i'd work on making background have more stuff going on
just like some birds or clouds or some shit would really make it a bit more vibrant

Zombine

Nebulae
also if you're gonna change it up i'd work on making background have more stuff going on
just like some birds or clouds or some shit would really make it a bit more vibrant

there are clouds but the atmospheric fog is kinda hiding it. i don't have any bird assets either LOL.

Zombine

Nebulae
don't things like the basic ass hl2 crow ragdoll and stuff work
to my knowledge i'd have to decompile the model and stuff, and i don't think i want to go through the effort of redoing textures/whatever else

this guy is pretty fun to watch if you want inspiration
yeah i have watched some of his stuff, very awesome creations, but he has many more assets than I do, and everything is so expensive, so right now I'm limited to nature

also water

UE4Editor_2017-06-07_17-43-35.png

Reactions: List

Zombine

Nebulae
is ue4 free?
and is it a pretty taxing program to use on your pc?
yes it is free, and yes it can be very resource hungry. a decent graphics card, or at the very least lots of ram, will help.

Rain

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
to my knowledge i'd have to decompile the model and stuff, and i don't think i want to go through the effort of redoing textures/whatever else

yeah i have watched some of his stuff, very awesome creations, but he has many more assets than I do, and everything is so expensive, so right now I'm limited to nature

also water

UE4Editor_2017-06-07_17-43-35.png

You can import a source games models and textures in bulk using a tool made for importing source maps into UE4. I'm guessing you could probably just use it to only import models so you have some assets to mess with.

https://stevelois.wordpress.com/ue4/ue4-resources/

This list has a lot of free assets that I think are higher quality in comparison to older source models but you would have to cherry pick what you want compared to having a large amount of assets you already know about from a source game.

constantdisplay

nokia talk 2002
Nebulae
yes it is free, and yes it can be very resource hungry. a decent graphics card, or at the very least lots of ram, will help.
tis a shame
tbh that's why I like gmod.
it's alot more accessible compared to other alternatives

Zombine

Nebulae
i want to die, can't figure out dynamic reflections for water so I had to settle with cubemaps.
WIP build, thinking maybe either some ruins or a log cabin....

HighresScreenshot00006.png

jambez

Proton
Nebulae
You can import a source games models and textures in bulk using a tool made for importing source maps into UE4. I'm guessing you could probably just use it to only import models so you have some assets to mess with.

You mean HammUEr?
Seems to cost ~42$, but it can port pretty much anything that uses the Hammer editor to UE4.

Zombine

Nebulae
Building off the above scene, added some ruins, starting to get into more complex scenery. Eventually will try to make a full interior, as this is just a facade.

castle2.png