Zuperned's Statue Screenshot

Zuperned

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
rp_necro_torrington_v20003.jpg

A statue screenshot i made in gmod today.
[doublepost=1464974859][/doublepost]@Persnickety

Nebulae
what did i do

anyway the depth of field is really nice but it doesn't transition well among the railing atop the stone wall. the sharpening of the skeletonman is surprisingly nice—i'm not a big fan of sharpening but it works here thanks to the stone texture. also the stone wall on the right side of skeletonman is sharp and clear but the left side is subject to "depth"... it doesn't work very well. there needs to be a smooth transition. the trees in the top right corner are of least concern, but i feel that they could have been a little blurred.

you gotta gets arounds in gmod to make perfect things. gmod is really picky.

also there is a bit of tension involving alignments, specifically rule of thirds; there's no focal point on the wings because they are bland and the statue is smack in the center, yet the background has depth. when you have depth, it's risky to put focal asymmetrical object in the center.

ruben slikk

life aint shut but a fat vagin
Nebulae
also there is a bit of tension involving alignments, specifically rule of thirds; there's no focal point on the wings because they are bland and the statue is smack in the center, yet the background has depth. when you have depth, it's risky to put focal asymmetrical object in the center.
the rule of thirds is an arbitrary shitty rule made by a dumbass and it became hype as fuck for no reason at all

Nebulae
the rule of thirds is an arbitrary shitty rule made by a dumbass and it became hype as fuck for no reason at all

The Rule of Thirds is not a rule.
It's a suggestion and a basis with a bit of human psychology thrown in there.
It is by no means required or necessary.
There are other grid-like suggestions like the Fibonacci spiral and some other thing, but these are only things that aid in producing appealing alignments.
Believe me when I say alignment is crucial.

Zuperned

Electron
B A N N E D
Nebulae
This one is nice. I would say if the skeleton was slightly rightward, it'd be better, but I can't guarantee. I don't have a notable artistic eye—I just know words.
Thank you. c: i used this map for the new map that is being made as it's symbolic to.