News 2020 Christmas Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aether

Molecule
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
First off, I'm very happy to find out the news, though my big questions are the following:

What version of the City 8 map?
I'm aware you said that there's gonna be a separate announcement that'll discuss the event and so on, and I imagine it'll probably say what version plus what edits have been made but is it possible to tell us what version will be used as the basis for the edits, and by extension, how extensive the edits will be? It'd be handy for store-owner characters who base their characters, and by extension their roleplay, around their stores to know, so we can get an idea of what/where to expect, using previous experiences to guess likely store locations. I for one as of last night just finished making my character's salon/spa, and having some idea of where I might have to rebuild it would be appreciated. Lastly, if you can't actually say, do you think you could give a timeframe for when the aforementioned separate announcement will be made?

How long do we have left on the current map? Even if it's just a rough idea.
As mentioned before, I for one just finished building my store and I imagine there are others who've been building things/planning things and it'd be handy to have an idea if by this time next week we'll be on the new map, or if it'll be a month or two after the new year, or the like, just so we know if we should continue building as if we have a decent amount of time to get some use from it or if we should hold off.

How extensive are the "New/overhauled crafting recipes" and will they be adding any non-resistance focused recipes?
As a lot of people know, I once supported and attempted to help make a crafting recipe overhaul focused around food items with the hope of revolutionising roleplay around cooking, and whilst I doubt that this is of the scale I hoped for then, I'm curious if there will be any recipes that won't be focused around metal/plastic/etc that everyday people can use, rather than it just being more stuff to be put behind the crafting flag barrier that only the traders or even purely the Railroad will get to use.

Drug Overhaul: Will applications be a thing for knowledge surrounding production, who will manage said applications, when will they go up if at all, how will farming work - will it be like current farming for stuff like weed, etc?
I know that it says that there will be a video up soon and I imagine it'll show off effects and possibly how the farming will work, but as someone that has been very interested in having a character that is able to create/distribute drugs for a long time, I'm very curious how we'll be able to get the knowledge, if it's an IC thing, a formal application thing under the traders or if it'll be something that'll be managed by char auths, and so on. I imagine this will also have its own announcement, but y'know, curiosity.

CWU Reforms: Are you aware of/considering the idea that was suggested by @Chris a while ago?
I'm aware that it was denied/left in suggestion limbo hell when it was first suggested, but honestly, it was one of the best reform suggestions I've ever seen and I want to take a moment to dredge it from the depths so that it has a chance to possibly shine. It makes a lot more sense on an actual distribution sense, and will mean we don't have to worry about warehouses that much for choice of map.

Thread: https://nebulous.cloud/threads/distribution-the-wildcard-cwu-reform.43581/
Is it possible to get some answers btw?

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
What version of the City 8 map?
I'm aware you said that there's gonna be a separate announcement that'll discuss the event and so on, and I imagine it'll probably say what version plus what edits have been made but is it possible to tell us what version will be used as the basis for the edits, and by extension, how extensive the edits will be? It'd be handy for store-owner characters who base their characters, and by extension their roleplay, around their stores to know, so we can get an idea of what/where to expect, using previous experiences to guess likely store locations. I for one as of last night just finished making my character's salon/spa, and having some idea of where I might have to rebuild it would be appreciated. Lastly, if you can't actually say, do you think you could give a timeframe for when the aforementioned separate announcement will be made?
V2

How long do we have left on the current map? Even if it's just a rough idea.
As mentioned before, I for one just finished building my store and I imagine there are others who've been building things/planning things and it'd be handy to have an idea if by this time next week we'll be on the new map, or if it'll be a month or two after the new year, or the like, just so we know if we should continue building as if we have a decent amount of time to get some use from it or if we should hold off.
I can't give an exact time, but you'll know when the map change event announcement thread is up so I hope that's enough of an answer to tide you over

How extensive are the "New/overhauled crafting recipes" and will they be adding any non-resistance focused recipes?
As a lot of people know, I once supported and attempted to help make a crafting recipe overhaul focused around food items with the hope of revolutionising roleplay around cooking, and whilst I doubt that this is of the scale I hoped for then, I'm curious if there will be any recipes that won't be focused around metal/plastic/etc that everyday people can use, rather than it just being more stuff to be put behind the crafting flag barrier that only the traders or even purely the Railroad will get to use.
We're currently incorporating the recycler idea and it'll be hard to say how the recipes will change, the idea is about making more useful stuff from the annoying resources everyone literally needs (mainly scrap metal and so on).

Drug Overhaul: Will applications be a thing for knowledge surrounding production, who will manage said applications, when will they go up if at all, how will farming work - will it be like current farming for stuff like weed, etc?
I know that it says that there will be a video up soon and I imagine it'll show off effects and possibly how the farming will work, but as someone that has been very interested in having a character that is able to create/distribute drugs for a long time, I'm very curious how we'll be able to get the knowledge, if it's an IC thing, a formal application thing under the traders or if it'll be something that'll be managed by char auths, and so on. I imagine this will also have its own announcement, but y'know, curiosity.
We're actually gonna aim to make it closer to how food crops are handled, the actual crafting part will be accessible to all by default. At least that's the plan.

CWU Reforms: Are you aware of/considering the idea that was suggested by @Chris a while ago?
I'm aware that it was denied/left in suggestion limbo hell when it was first suggested, but honestly, it was one of the best reform suggestions I've ever seen and I want to take a moment to dredge it from the depths so that it has a chance to possibly shine. It makes a lot more sense on an actual distribution sense, and will mean we don't have to worry about warehouses that much for choice of map.
We'll certainly read over it and give it another consideration

Aleks

Vaporwaves Skeletons
Nebulae
Now this is one cool gamer moment. Think I'll have to make my return to the streets of Half-Life Roleplay!

Reactions: List
Nebulae
I HATE CHRISTMAS!!! THIS UPDATE SUCKS, LETS GO TO rp_medievalrp_v2 instead!!! MORE LIKE nebBADulous!!!!!!!!

I AM THE GRINCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(this is satire guys pls guys dont exile me pls im begging you)

Postal

Molecule
Nebulae
I HATE CHRISTMAS!!! THIS UPDATE SUCKS, LETS GO TO rp_medievalrp_v2 instead!!! MORE LIKE nebBADulous!!!!!!!!

I AM THE GRINCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(this is satire guys pls guys dont exile me pls im begging you)

"nebulous sponsors getting rid of christmas and hate jesus!"

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
That's crazy bro
421463baddaec00959eebe7afad0b98f.png

Reactions: List
Status
Not open for further replies.