Like Mio Honda the fucking uhhhhhhhhhhh the one thing
That one character with the one song
From Pootis Engage
This part

Dallas

event guy
Nebulae
its entirely subjective mate

what i think u guys need to realise more is that we arent teenagers who can just play shit for the sake of playing it for hours on end even if we arent that fond of it. a lot of us have lives, a lot of us have jobs, a lot of us have commitments and quite frankly if we think the video game is dogshit then we're just gonna admit that and move on

i consider a consistent s2k fest to be dogshit. it doesnt and hasnt felt like an rp server
ever since i got back from being banned (the second time) and with the amount of personal investment i put into it in the early stages - despite having already previously vowed to never waste time on nebulous ever again - i can't lie and say im pretty fucking annoyed at seeing the state it's reached

so yes, i dont necessarily mind being as harsh as i am

but that doesn't mean im blaming anybody in particular. im not saying that staff havent worked their asses off, i know they have and ive never once argued to the contrary

that being said, again; you need to realise that, these days, if the game isn't fun then the game doesn't get played and a LOT of people are sick of the back and forth bullshit of nebulous trying to fix itself over and over again - so yes, quite often, it's just a case of "server is shit. cba working out why. seeya."

im sorry bro but nebulous is way past its use-by-date; a good chunk of people arent willing to spend the time being constructive and fixing shit anymore
complete agreement, especially the bits ive bolded here, couldnt put it better myself

if people are going to play it needs to hit quick with the good shit and not rely on months and months of downtime. the working man has no desire to grind gear (apart from on the weekends)

Reactions: List

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
i don't think you have to be so dramatic when it comes to the "we have real lives and jobs" argument
as far as i know it's not demanded of you to play the server 24/7, is there any issue with only hopping on every now and then or hopping on for events that interest you? i haven't been on the server myself so my main experience comes from checking the player count, and whenever there's an event going on or it's the weekend it still feels healthy enough

you guys are focusing on the wrong point of the thread if you are making the "i have a life so i cant focus my energy on hl2rp" argument
honestly it's such an overdone argument that it's pretty boring to read over and over again. it's not really constructive lol, the server can be enjoyable even if you aren't 15 anymore

i'm not sure what everyone expected from this when launching it? i was pretty surprised to see how healthy the playerbase still is 6 months down the line
i think a great job has been done overall to get such an active HL2RP server in 2023, good job @Numbers and the rest of the staff team 😊
now some issues have popped up that make it less enjoyable, and that happens
you can either lie down flat and quit playing/close the server because of them or try to solve them
i have no personal investment either way, i just wish you good luck

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i don't think you have to be so dramatic when it comes to the "we have real lives and jobs" argument
as far as i know it's not demanded of you to play the server 24/7, is there any issue with only hopping on every now and then or hopping on for events that interest you? i haven't been on the server myself so my main experience comes from checking the player count, and whenever there's an event going on or it's the weekend it still feels healthy enough

you guys are focusing on the wrong point of the thread if you are making the "i have a life so i cant focus my energy on hl2rp" argument
honestly it's such an overdone argument that it's pretty boring to read over and over again. it's not really constructive lol, the server can be enjoyable even if you aren't 15 anymore

i'm not sure what everyone expected from this when launching it? i was pretty surprised to see how healthy the playerbase still is 6 months down the line
i think a great job has been done overall to get such an active HL2RP server in 2023, good job @Numbers and the rest of the staff team 😊
now some issues have popped up that make it less enjoyable, and that happens
you can either lie down flat and quit playing/close the server because of them or try to solve them
i have no personal investment either way, i just wish you good luck
What they’re saying is, that when playtime is stretched over months instead of days or hours - the time commitment needed to “get anywhere” increases dramatically, as does staleness

Numbers

ok
Nebulae
complete agreement, especially the bits ive bolded here, couldnt put it better myself

if people are going to play it needs to hit quick with the good shit and not rely on months and months of downtime. the working man has no desire to grind gear (apart from on the weekends)
good thing there's no grind

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
good thing there's no grind
i think its more so the aimlessness that inevitably comes with an open ended server by default

a lot of "downtime" where "nothing" (no big things with impact) happens and you just kinda wander around with no-one to be found

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
i think its more so the aimlessness that inevitably comes with an open ended server by default

a lot of "downtime" where "nothing" (no big things with impact) happens and you just kinda wander around with no-one to be found
you really have to try to be aimless on this server, it’s quite legitimately a sandbox hl2rp. sometimes i don’t even ask for permission for the shit i do, i just be makin shit up

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
you really have to try to be aimless on this server, it’s quite legitimately a sandbox hl2rp. sometimes i don’t even ask for permission for the shit i do, i just be makin shit up
not necessarily, on ashville and apocalypse i found myself often either getting ignored or wandering around without being able to find anyone who was willing to sit down and rp with someone who wasn't wearing combat gear

Combine side was way better, in that regard - a lot of creativity and effort was put into it by the players at all times which was very visible and easy to partake in