Serious A Rebel Critique: For those who knowingly antagonize cop players for a funny meme.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
proved you could just set shit up regardless of auth system, etc.
yeah idk if i wanted to do something i just fucking did it mate nobody blinked an eyelid at me

i had a 'do it and apologise later if they have a problem with it' mentality and really it never actually gave me any issues

Reactions: List

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
i agree with everything else u said tho. at the time it seemed to me like people were having fun but hindsight yadayada

I'd argue given nobody was doing anything and you were so willing to work with @Numbers about things that yeah, people were having fun.

People are quick to forget that when you did Trident, RebelRP was literally dead because everyone was so convinced nothing worked.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I'd argue given nobody was doing anything and you were so willing to work with @Numbers about things that yeah, people were having fun.

People are quick to forget that when you did Trident, RebelRP was literally dead because everyone was so convinced nothing worked.
when i came back from bein banned it was honestly the first time i'd ever seen rebelrp legitimately just totally dead, like there were no rebel players period bar a few beach squatters

Reactions: List

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
saying trident killed competition is one of the most ironic statements i think ive ever heard but im not blaming you for the misconception.

nobody TRIED

the only two instances of a group popping up was that one on the beach led by a vort (which had an INSANE amount of internal conflict with trident that lasted a long time and gave off a lot of cool dev), and some other human-led one that we actually endorsed and tried to help grow but it never did

other than that, nobody actually tried

i agree with everything else u said tho. at the time it seemed to me like people were having fun but hindsight yadayada
the vort one is the order one i'm referring to, which was fun until some pk-hungry folks lured the high command through the aforementioned situation and basically killed the only antagonists/'internal strife rp' outside of the combine

and personally, i tried to get into rp around trident etc it was just, mostly stood around in bars and waiting for a rp situation to occur or event.

it led to 'leeching' as folks remained in the outlands and most people were there, leading to the city dying off quite a bit, along with loyalists (combined with the unmaintained loyalist system which was perpetually 'pending reform' + varyingly active / sporadically dickish CAB)

thing with city rp is, it's extremely hard to revive once dead, as there's a bunch of 'moving parts'.

CWU got discouraged as there were next to no workshift attendees so the number went down, so fewer people stayed in the city. fewer people also meant less stuff to buy from stores so more became just can-farms, etc.

Komchan

nen
Nebulae

Rebelrp wasn't anywhere near as dead as the forums kept whinging. Even then, the server was doing pretty good all things considered.

I'd say earlier trident was the best, it wasn't too massive and worked well with other groups, the server, etc.