Serious A Rebel Critique: For those who knowingly antagonize cop players for a funny meme.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The idea of actually having a leadership for rebels is such a fought against suggestion spanning back all the way to 2015 - so bizarre to read such

Honestly, the few times I've actually seen rebel leadership done across LP/Neb its gotten major pushback from rebel players unless it was done by another player rather than staff.

It'd be really good to have because you could solve so many issues OOC, but for some reason most people hear "rebel leadership" and shit themselves lol

Last edited:

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
not having proper leadership is a terrible idea idea since we're no longer in the cityrp setting, we're literally fighting a WAR

also @Rabid can you rename this thread to rebel ccc and have it moved to resistance section pls

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Honestly, the few times I've actually seen rebel leadership done across LP/Neb its gotten major pushback from rebel players unless it was done by another player rather than staff.

It'd be really good to have because you could solve so many issues OOC, but for some reason most people hear "rebel leadership" and shit themselves lol
because people like being able to do their own thing

its why a 100% unified resistance will and can never work LONG TERM, no one wants to be forced under one thing - even if it would realistically make sense for that to be the case

Reactions: List

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
unless it was done by another player rather than staff
because let's be real, most of the staff-centric stuff like the railway was warped into shit by people who didn't know how to manage it (tzula & sloth) who absolutely shrugged off even the mildest criticism with threats of dewhitelists

harry and @Powley by comparison did their jobs well and at least catered to some kind of debate when it was needed

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
because let's be real, most of the staff-centric stuff like the railway was warped into shit by people who didn't know how to manage it (tzula & sloth) who absolutely shrugged off even the mildest criticism with threats of dewhitelists
man it was more than dewhitelists

i wasnt staff with tzula but sloth was a nightmare sometimes

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae

harry and @Powley by comparison did their jobs well and at least catered to some kind of debate when it was needed

My characters were bastards but for the most part I gave people a fair shot at most things and encouraged sharing of supplies and what not

Trains

HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
me agree but no think so *eats a rock*
IMG_2650.jpg

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
Might be a dangerous take, and I respect what @Subeh did/tried to but Trident was too successful.

It killed competition to it rebel-wise and resulted in a resistance that was perpetually on-drip and reliant on events / boring af to any sort of new player with constant outlands rp.

Sure, people could go to outlands and...

then what?

They'd stand around talking the entire time at most, waiting for an admin-backed event.

Inter-rebel conflict is needed to keep the server interesting / give people stuff to do, even if it's just a fist-waving "FUCK OFF ARMBANDS" kinda thing

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Might be a dangerous take, and I respect what @Subeh did/tried to but Trident was too successful.

It killed competition to it rebel-wise and resulted in a resistance that was perpetually on-drip and reliant on events / boring af to any sort of new player with constant outlands rp.

Tbf, Trident's importance was really that @Subeh proved people wrong about the system in a time when rebels refused to play because of it. He got everyone actually giving out guns and gear, proved you could just set shit up regardless of auth system, etc.

Inter-rebel conflict is needed to keep the server interesting / give people stuff to do, even if it's just a fist-waving "FUCK OFF ARMBANDS" kinda thing

And honestly, inter-rebel conflict will always kinda be the white whale and hard to handle.

Everyone wants the idea of it but when put into practice whichever group is biggest will do whatever they have to do to crush it as soon as they can to go back to stagnation and boredom because they'd rather be risk free.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Tbf, Trident's importance was really that @Subeh proved people wrong about the system in a time when rebels refused to play because of it.

And honestly, inter-rebel conflict will always kinda be the white whale. Everyone wants the idea of it but, when put into practice, whichever group is biggest will do whatever they have to do to crush it as soon as they can to go back to stagnation and boredom because they're not at risk of a PK then.

Rebels on the Forums demanding inter-group conflict
Rebels in game when they don't want to risk loosing their character

(epic 'View on youtube' moment)

Komchan

nen
Nebulae

Rebels on the Forums demanding inter-group conflict
Rebels in game when they don't want to risk loosing their character

(epic 'View on youtube' moment)

There was a lot of rp situations that ended in the most boring manner imagineable.

One of 'The Order' villain groups ended because basically, the usual boring situation of, getting them together / while they're distracted OOCly and doing stuff, then just gunning the entire high command down, ending any form of interesting conflict or otherwise.

Toxic af attitude to rp, especially considering a lot of shit was just made up or otherwise on them, right between two major server events the vortigaunt was involved in etc.

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Unfortunatelly people also tend to go down the path of least 'headaches' and just opt to 'killing' opposition than having a to roleplay a 'troubled stalemate' where they have to respect another groups territory and shit. All it takes is one group sending a kill squad to get rid of their rivals and either dying or winning and that's it, the turf war is over as one group looses all its members.

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
Unfortunatelly people also tend to go down the path of least 'headaches' and just opt to 'killing' opposition than having a to roleplay a 'troubled stalemate' where they have to respect another groups territory and shit. All it takes is one group sending a kill squad to get rid of their rivals and either dying or winning and that's it, the turf war is over as one group looses all its members.
Reminds me of the concept of a CK and PK on a fallout rp server I used to go on.

PK was far tamer, you'd lose your name/memories, be a different person but keep your stuff/rank, prevented massive gaps in ranks/groups that way.

CK was what we would call PK on the server, and was carefully regulated/not handed out to small slights

Komchan

nen
Nebulae
Reminds me of the concept of a CK and PK on a fallout rp server I used to go on.

PK was far tamer, you'd lose your name/memories, be a different person but keep your stuff/rank, prevented massive gaps in ranks/groups that way.

CK was what we would call PK on the server, and was carefully regulated/not handed out to small slights
Before I hear the "how did they stop the entrenched high command / old bloke problem??"

Reduced risk via PKs and basically only the ringleader of a coup getting CK'd + An encouraged / specifically stated 'civil war / coup' system ensured there were many coups.

Sometimes sponsored by other factions. I remember a BoS elder spoke against Talon Company mercs etc and ended up coup'd and overthrown, with the BoS income siphoned off to fund the mercenaries to fight off any counter-coupers.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae

Sure, people could go to outlands and...

then what?

They'd stand around talking the entire time at most, waiting for an admin-backed event.

saying trident killed competition is one of the most ironic statements i think ive ever heard but im not blaming you for the misconception.

nobody TRIED

the only two instances of a group popping up was that one on the beach led by a vort (which had an INSANE amount of internal conflict with trident that lasted a long time and gave off a lot of cool dev), and some other human-led one that we actually endorsed and tried to help grow but it never did

other than that, nobody actually tried

i agree with everything else u said tho. at the time it seemed to me like people were having fun but hindsight yadayada