Serious A Rebel Critique: For those who knowingly antagonize cop players for a funny meme.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
Mounting ERA on it as we speak

FtYaHpIXsAI5ET_.png:large

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
invalid complaints

adequate response to being constantly gangstalked, and I say this as someone who helped with the ambushes

You say that like people will be able to self-reflect and realize they'd escalated it to this point to begin with - if they view it as unfair, they're not going to shut up just because you tell them its their fault, even if it is absolutely true.

Cops used the APC in response to ambushes on the Alps map and look at how well recieved that was, for example.

My point really was, though, that rebels shouldn't be gangstalking cops from inside RP zones to kill them. If the reverse was done you'd never hear the end of it.

OneClassyBanana

kilroy was here
Nebulae
My point really was, though, that rebels shouldn't be gangstalking cops from inside RP zones to kill them. If the reverse was done you'd never hear the end of it.
Jokes aside - if nothing else, it shouldn't become (or if it already has, needs to un-become) a frequent thing. There's a point where it just comes down to being a matter of good sportsmanship. We made a point of voluntarily dialing back offensive operations on Borneo ('we' being the transhumans) and have been told to do so even further for Ineu in the name of self-regulation and being sporting about letting people just go through the day without constantly worrying about being hassled by more than a couple boots on patrol.

I think it's a pretty fair deal to ask the other half of the equation to return the courtesy and steer clear of town- or base-camping. Because I know for a fact it's not fun when it happens to them. And it sure as shit isn't fun when it happens to these boys, either.

Reactions: List

slick

give this guy his adm*n back
Nebulae
speaking as the pt lead, i had an exit plan but the guys just kept on walking and it was too late. it was real tragic. we had entered agora on the assumption of good faith and roleplay and were met with the opposite. i was fine with being surrounded and intimidated out of town (that would’ve been fun and cool), but the way it went it just wasn’t fun

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
did we establish that OOC communication between headcops and rebel leads yet

a lil discord server for just those guys where they talk and sort things out without having to resort to one side "airing out issues" only to be met with "fuck you got mine"

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
did we establish that OOC communication between headcops and rebel leads yet

a lil discord server for just those guys where they talk and sort things out without having to resort to one side "airing out issues" only to be met with "fuck you got mine"
☎️ My private messages are always open for anyone that wishes to talk about the matters pretaining to the faction. As a matter of fact, @TedHatty recently approached me and openly discussed the plans and terms of conditions for the raid against the mansion in order to make the fight seem fair. It is difficult to forsee the number of participants on each side in order to factor it into the negotiations, but nonetheless, the discussion did occur.

I am not going to join a private discord server for the purposes of establishing said communications. It can all be done privately.

Anti-tankspy

Nucleus
Nebulae
if you happen to have the unfortunate fate of going through a bullshit encounter with rebels then please let us know about it with the most accurate description you can possibly give out

no offense to anyone but exaggerated/false information only makes it harder for us to pinpoint the problem and take care of it on the spot, be as accurate as you possibly can when you encounter something outright stupid coming from our end pls

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Ngl the biggest obstacles to sorting the problems right now are twofold:

1) Cops have been taught to just not bring their issues up on the forums because they'll get dogpiled and mocked. We've had exactly none of the people I know were involved in recent situations as players chime in from their end because of that.

2) Rebels operate, broadly, the exact same as 'RL friend groups' all the way down. You're absolutely not going to shit on your friend for having fun, even if it comes at the expense of the other side, because there's no degree of seperation between on-and-off the server. If you rat someone out for being an abusive dickhead or call them out in general they'll take it as a knock against you as their friend rather than it being strictly in relation to the game. There is no 'faction lead' who can kick you out of being a rebel.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Should just strip the perpetrating rebel of all their stuff and throw them to the combine if they purposely antagonise. Or feed them to the fishes.

the issue is that being a rebel is the default way of playing

when you make a character, that character is a rebel, because the combine will treat them like a rebel even if they aren't an active combatant
you only apply to join the combine, but you just play the server to be a rebel

so no matter what you do to rebel characters or players, beyond BANNING them from the server, they can always just make another rebel character, easily acquire some cheap guns, and start being a twat again

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
the issue is that being a rebel is the default way of playing

when you make a character, that character is a rebel, because the combine will treat them like a rebel even if they aren't an active combatant
you only apply to join the combine, but you just play the server to be a rebel

so no matter what you do to rebel characters or players, beyond BANNING them from the server, they can always just make another rebel character, easily acquire some cheap guns, and start being a twat again

True.

E: Not sure why the Combine mains are rating this dumb, I'm agreeing with his point, he makes a fair one, it's hard to police rebel fuckery when the default faction is rebel for new and experienced players alike.

Last edited:

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
rebels aren't the same as people who join and get a gun from the vendor

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
they can always just make another rebel character, easily acquire some cheap guns, and start being a twat again
this is when you snatch them up and feed them the antlions until they do it again or get the hint

mob rule does not work unless someone is the driving force to punish the idiots

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Ngl the biggest obstacles to sorting the problems right now are twofold:

1) Cops have been taught to just not bring their issues up on the forums because they'll get dogpiled and mocked. We've had exactly none of the people I know were involved in recent situations as players chime in from their end because of that.

2) Rebels operate, broadly, the exact same as 'RL friend groups' all the way down. You're absolutely not going to shit on your friend for having fun, even if it comes at the expense of the other side, because there's no degree of seperation between on-and-off the server. If you rat someone out for being an abusive dickhead or call them out in general they'll take it as a knock against you as their friend rather than it being strictly in relation to the game. There is no 'faction lead' who can kick you out of being a rebel.

The idea of actually having a leadership for rebels is such a fought against suggestion spanning back all the way to 2015 - so bizarre to read such