Anime Megathread

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
Just watched Kiki's Delivery Service for the first time; also my first Ghibli film

safe to say I love it

Reactions: List

Zack

Proton
Nebulae
Started watching anime not long ago now, first one being death note which was an amazing watch

If any of you know any animes with similar dark setting like death note pls lemme know

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
Just watched Kiki's Delivery Service for the first time; also my first Ghibli film

safe to say I love it
i binge watched all the studio ghibli films during the summer of 2020. they are all really good (except tales from earthsea, which fucking sucks)
my favourites are probably princess mononoke, porco rosso, spirited away, and grave of the fireflies

kiki's delivery service is a really really nice film imo, even if it's not among my favourites. something about it makes it a really calming watch

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae

safe to say I love it
watch all of them

trust me, you'll love them

dont listen to this guy
i binge watched all the studio ghibli films during the summer of 2020. they are all really good (except tales from earthsea, which fucking sucks)
my favourites are probably princess mononoke, porco rosso, spirited away, and grave of the fireflies

kiki's delivery service is a really really nice film imo, even if it's not among my favourites. something about it makes it a really calming watch

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae

safe to say I love it

Check your local theatres
Ghiblifest runs 24/7 here in America and you can usually catch them in a theatre for viewing experience
First time I saw Spirited Away was just three years back on the big screen, was some good fun

Nebulae
Started watching anime not long ago now, first one being death note which was an amazing watch

If any of you know any animes with similar dark setting like death note pls lemme know
Erased is a good dark mystery without all the lame anime stuff anime sometimes has

86 Eighty-Six all lacks the anime-isms and is a pretty dark sci fi war story but is not rlly like death note

Platinum End is an anime releasing right now that's written by the same guy who did death note so if you like that look into that

Depends watcha mean by "like death note"

Death note level mind games? promised Neverland. Just don't watch the 2nd season it's garbage but the first season is so fucking tense and it's all mind games

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae

Texhnolyze
Higurashi
Parasite but that's just more edgy
Akame ga Kill
Deadman Wonderland
Grisaia
Devilman Crybaby
Ergo Proxy
Tokyo Ghoul I guess

can only personally recommend deadman wonderland, heard good things about texhnolyze as well and higurashi should just be read instead
the rest is all meh apart from Ergo Proxy

There's a large selection of dark manga as well which'd probably be higher quality anyways, dark anime is mostly trash

Also for those with taste don't forget that the entirety of Ranma is on youtube

mårten

Atom
Nebulae

If you wanna get more of that dark, thriller, murder mystery kind of show like Death Note, there is almost nothing better than Monster.
Watch Monster. You won't regret it. It's long, but it's worth it. It's got one of the most chilling villains I've ever seen. It works well in both dub and sub, I watched it dubbed and it was amazing.
18793.jpg

Other recommendations:
Attack on Titan - you might've heard about it, try to avoid spoilers
Megalobox (both seasons - season 1 is a conventional underdog story, season 2 is a bit of depression and redemption arc kinda stuff)
Baccano! - crazy ass jazz infuzed violence
Mob Psycho 100 - just some great characters and extremely well-done animation
Kaguya-Sama Love is War - my favorite comedy anime after KonoSuba
Vinland Saga - who knew they could make an anime set in the viking age actually work

Some of the best this year defo
Sonny Boy definitely flew under the radar of a lot of people. I absolutely loved the ending. And the acoustic rendition of Shounen Shojo? Sends shivers down my spine bro. I love Ging Nang Boyz so fucking much.

Zack

Proton
Nebulae
Erased is a good dark mystery without all the lame anime stuff anime sometimes has

86 Eighty-Six all lacks the anime-isms and is a pretty dark sci fi war story but is not rlly like death note

Texhnolyze
Higurashi
Parasite but that's just more edgy
Akame ga Kill
Deadman Wonderland
Grisaia
Devilman Crybaby
Ergo Proxy
Tokyo Ghoul I guess

If you wanna get more of that dark, thriller, murder mystery kind of show like Death Note, there is almost

Thanks! I'll give em a look in my free time

Death note level mind games? promised Neverland.
Idm it if it's either a mind games or just some dark story involved in an anime. Thank you for the recommendations once more

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
Thanks! I'll give em a look in my free time

Idm it if it's either a mind games or just some dark story involved in an anime. Thank you for the recommendations once more
I should say when I said 'meh' in my post I meant about the dark aspect of it
They're all decent shows, it's more personal flavour if you like them or not
Devilman should be fine though

abcdefg

Atom
Nebulae
i liked it
for better or for worse
that's fair enough, i personally believe there was a lot of potential in that movie, especially since Hayao Miyazaki admired the Earthsea books and wanted permission from the author to make a film on it for such a long time lol. i think by the time the author gave permission, hayao wanted to work on ponyo, and the other executives at studio ghibli got his son to direct the film despite having no experience directing ever.

all in all, my opinion is that hayao should've directed it rather than his inexperienced son