Anime Megathread

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
never really got into boku no academia simply because im used to more darker themes

like gurren lagann, death note, and code geass

all of them have similar themes to boku no academia but boku feels way too.. "happy" and "light" for my tastes compared to the philosophical and psychological twists and turns in the above mentioned series

Bronn

Atom
Nebulae
tokyo ghoul is pretty cool imo, especially now that s3 is finally out

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
never really got into boku no academia simply because im used to more darker themes

like gurren lagann, death note, and code geass

all of them have similar themes to boku no academia but boku feels way too.. "happy" and "light" for my tastes compared to the philosophical and psychological twists and turns in the above mentioned series

watch hunter x hunter

and don't search for any of it on youtube, or the internet, or reviews, or anything, most people/thumbnails can spoil stuff

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Tbh the anime isn't even bad. I enjoyed it just like Strike Witches and Brave Witches.
pretty much fan service for those who played the game. The show itself isn't that bad - but of course, good luck making a story about a web browser game lmao

Mancom37

Atom
Nebulae
The guy that made the anime did have a thing for a certain destroyer , nevertheless can't wait for a new one with all the new ships .

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
watch hunter x hunter

and don't search for any of it on youtube, or the internet, or reviews, or anything, most people/thumbnails can spoil stuff

ive watched hunter x hunter all the way from the start and then to the chimera ant arc

beautiful masterpiece

i loved the phantom troupe and G. I. island arcs the best, however; they showed the two protagonists that the world was much bigger and more dangerous than they could ever imagine without totally destroying their world views

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
330c4f6ef2cef14e356d84262be0e340.png

mf ghost anime when

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
Have you not watched it?

I am not sure we have watched the same show. How was TTGL dark? Sure, it had its moments, but I would not call it dark by any means. Just as I would not call Aria dark just because it involved grieving and loss.

When I think about something dark I think something like Gunslinger Girls, Madoka, School Days, and dare I say it (through gritting teeth) Akame ga Kill.

swagile

Atom
Nebulae
I am not sure we have watched the same show. How was TTGL dark? Sure, it had its moments, but I would not call it dark by any means. Just as I would not call Aria dark just because it involved grieving and loss.

When I think about something dark I think something like Gunslinger Girls, Madoka, School Days, and dare I say it (through gritting teeth) Akame ga Kill.

You must not have watched all the inherent themes inside of it.

The arc where you see the cultists who live in the Underground, starving their people, because they believe "god" told them so and they are happy to wallow in misery even when the Gurren Lagannn team decide to free them.

The death of Kamina, and the effect it had on the entire crew.

The Gurrenn Lagann team winning against Lord Genome, then hearing his ominous warning that ended up true.

The time skip that changed the characters but in a good and bad way which created character conflict until the REAL enemy showed themselves.

The theme behind de-evolution and humanities destructive nature and it being discussed indepth by "The Enemy" that froze themselves in a quantom loop in order to preserve the Universe's nature.

There were a lot of hidden dark themes that were explored.

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
You must not have watched all the inherent themes inside of it.

The arc where you see the cultists who live in the Underground, starving their people, because they believe "god" told them so and they are happy to wallow in misery even when the Gurren Lagannn team decide to free them.

The death of Kamina, and the effect it had on the entire crew.

The Gurrenn Lagann team winning against Lord Genome, then hearing his ominous warning that ended up true.

The time skip that changed the characters but in a good and bad way which created character conflict until the REAL enemy showed themselves.

The theme behind de-evolution and humanities destructive nature and it being discussed indepth by "The Enemy" that froze themselves in a quantom loop in order to preserve the Universe's nature.

There were a lot of hidden dark themes that were explored.

That is not dark, its good conflict and development. Without conflict and obstacles you cannot have change or development.

Yes, there is death and loss - but that is not the focal point. Self actualization and perseverance is. Even in Nia's death, the ending was not dark - it was beautifully happy.

In contrast, dark anime focal point is that shit is bad and everything is about loss and misery through that loss.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1392

Can someone help me understand why everyone loves anime? I don't understand the passion, it just seem damn child cartoons for me. Pardon me if I'm wrong but really, I just remember watching annoying high pitched females giggling and humping around like bunnies with a stick in the bum. So?

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
Can someone help me understand why everyone loves anime? I don't understand the passion, it just seem damn child cartoons for me. Pardon me if I'm wrong but really, I just remember watching annoying high pitched females giggling and humping around like bunnies with a stick in the bum. So?
Anime is just the name given to the artstyle and source, 'Japanese animation'.
So in reality it is open to all genres, you can have serious drama, to a satirical comedy and all in between.