Drama:
- Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
- Nana
- Nagi no Asukara
-Jin Roh: Wolf Brigade
- White Album 2

Sci-fi:
- Steins;Gate
- Ghost in the Shell / (GitS: Stand Alone Complex)

Yuri:
- Citrus
- Yuru Yuri

Drama:
- Grave of the Fireflies
- Welcome to the NHK
- Garden of Words
- Ano hana

Adventure:
- Yona of the Dawn

Action:
- Gunslinger Girls
- Chrono Crusade
- Ga-Rei Zero

Space opera/western:
- Cowboy Bebop
- Outlaw Star

Comedy:
- School Rumble
- Nichijo
- Golden Boy

Slice of life:
- Wolf Children
- Princess Jellyfish

I dont see Code Geass or SAO, both are fine to watch. (For SAO, just dont bother watching the second half of the first season, it's crap)

Red Dress

Proton
Nebulae
I dont see Code Geass or SAO, both are fine to watch. (For SAO, just dont bother watching the second half of the first season, it's crap)

I do not suggest because:

1. I highly disliked the former and did not care for the latter.

2. They are mentioned and suggested everywhere.

While I suggest some that fit #2, I think there are some "must watch" shows but I do not believe either CG or SAO fit.

Khiel

Molecule
Nebulae
Quite liked code geass but christ almighty it was hamfisted with all the themes, the writers really had low expectations for the viewers and it shows.

SAO is bloody trite, IMO. Watched the first two seasons and then around half of the gun-gale thing.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae

up your general understanding of anime cuz that's some basic shit right there, it aint 2008 anymore

if I stayed signed in to my MAL I'd give you my log I started for general shits & giggles but it's like 2 anime now

just hop onto whatever your favorite site is for watching it and take a shot in the dark on something featured/on a sidebar

Juicy

Proton
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
First ever anime I watched was 'Seven Deadly Sins' I am never going to watch anime ever again...

Macho

Nucleus
Nebulae
ever really got into boku no academia simply because im used to more darker themes

like gurren lagann, death note, and code geass

all of them have similar themes to boku no academia but boku feels way too.. "happy" and "light" for my tastes compared to the philosophical and psychological twists and turns in the above mentioned series
You dont really get it do you, boku no hero academia has really dark themes if you really explore them. There are plenty of youtube channels which dive deep into chapters and episodes for example Chibi Reviews. Really entertaining guy.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
First ever anime I watched was 'Seven Deadly Sins' I am never going to watch anime ever again...
You don't start with trash anime dud... Especially NOT if it's on Netflix. Most of the anime there is trash. The only ones from there that I'd recommend are like Little Witch Academia, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood and Devilman Crybaby.
never really got into boku no academia simply because im used to more darker themes

like gurren lagann, death note, and code geass

all of them have similar themes to boku no academia but boku feels way too.. "happy" and "light" for my tastes compared to the philosophical and psychological twists and turns in the above mentioned series
If you like some psychological twisted shit you should watch Monster. It's really good.

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
nibba fuck that

if you want anime go all-out and watch whatever the heck you want

the best way to gauge your enjoyment of the medium is by trying everything, give k-on a shot, give hunter x hunter a shot, give early gundam a shot

there's tons to choose from, and animation style, age, etc.

mårten

Atom
Nebulae
And if you like CGDCT/Slice of Life, Is the Order a Rabbit? is a great show.
boi i've already watched that x))

slice of lifes im watching atm is mushishi, usagi drop and rakugo
ancient magus bride too if that counts as slice of life - certainly has sol aspects

Reactions: List

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Hello people I need you to choose. I know these shows are not airing, I'm already watching a few airing ones, I'm just in the need to decide one from these, so give your opinion on which.

Which show should I start now:

- Steins;Gate (first season, rewatch to watch Zero after)
- Black Lagoon
- Trinity Seven
- Wakana!!
- Jormungand
- Infinite Stratos (lol)
- Inuyashiki
- D-Frag!
- Black Bullet
- Another
- Kyokai no Kanata​

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hey, I was thinking of getting a VRV subscription, anyone have it and know if its worth it?

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Hey, I was thinking of getting a VRV subscription, anyone have it and know if its worth it?

Depending on the price. Crunchyroll of Funimation both are good, load times for CR are better than VRV or Funimation, but for instance, if you're a fan of RWBY, it comes out on VRV before Crunchyroll. Of all of them, the one with the biggest catalogue of anime is CR, but VRV and Funimation are not far behind.

If it's not expensive, yeah, why not.

Reactions: List