Anti-vaccination hysteria.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
trump isn't saying there is a direct link between autism and vaccines, but rather is covering his bases by putting a vaccine skeptic as head of the vaccine safety board.
a skeptic isn't bad, others have done it, and because of his skepticism, he be more apt to vigorously investigate vaccines.

people do report their children suffer autism after getting vaccinated, whether this is true or not, i wouldn't know and i agree we should still all get vaccinated cause if you look at it this way. Lets say out of 100k children vaccinated, one gets autism. But now we at least have 99,999 healthy children who would otherwise be dead due to disease from not having any vaccines.

There's nothing wrong with investigation, but as it stands, vaccines have no direct link to autism and you should surely get one. And if they do, well then it's better one child gets autism then everyone in the country dying from measles or some shit.

My friend's mom believes vaccines stimulated autism in her middle son because he was learning normally until getting vaccines. What ever the case may be, it's still less damaging to the country as a whole for everyone to get vaccines and get a few children with autism rather than everyone dead from ebola.
I honestly chalk this up to Hysteria. Just picture it from this POV, a bunch of people saying your child will get autism by having this, news saying it, hell I'd go as far as to say propoganda about it - and then the child of said parent gets a vaccine. It's unlikely that the child actually changes, more so that the parent is conditioned to believe he has, and that anything odd, or even his normal behaviour, is "Autism"

Another unpopular opinion but I think the minior-autism spectrum is shit. Aspergers for example covers about 1000 different things which could be chalked up to pure laziness or shyness.

scrubmcnoob

Human Resource
Nebulae
I honestly chalk this up to Hysteria. Just picture it from this POV, a bunch of people saying your child will get autism by having this, news saying it, hell I'd go as far as to say propoganda about it - and then the child of said parent gets a vaccine. It's unlikely that the child actually changes, more so that the parent is conditioned to believe he has, and that anything odd, or even his normal behaviour, is "Autism"

Another unpopular opinion but I think the minior-autism spectrum is shit. Aspergers for example covers about 1000 different things which could be chalked up to pure laziness or shyness.
Well when I say my friend's brother is autistic, he is lowest of low functioning autism and actually developed epilepsy two years ago. So there are probably a ton of issues wrong with him besides a vaccine.

Personally, there are too many things to worry about in this world. I look at it this simply.

Even if vaccines some how cause autism, the child is still 99.9999999999% more likely to die from some horrible virus than that of contracting fucking autism from the vaccine. I really don't get that about anti-vaxxers, you literally are stacking the odds against you.

e: apparently trump wants vaccines in to be given in lower doses at a time, having more sessions, and just having them spread out over time.
http://wkrn.com/2017/01/15/trump-reignites-concerns-over-vaccinations-linked-to-autism/

Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Even if vaccines do cause autism, I'd much rather my child has that rather than going near death with some shitty almost extinct disease that shouldn't be around no more.

Blackquill

Administrator
Head Staff
Nebulae
Vaccines turn frogs gay.

alex_jones_crop.jpg

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
e: apparently trump wants vaccines in to be given in lower doses at a time, having more sessions, and just having them spread out over time.
that actually makes sense considering ive heard often that when doctors give several vacines within a short time space it can cause minor illness, so having them more spread in lesser dosages will allow for a smoother time when it comes to developing the immune systems response to it

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Even if vaccines do cause autism, I'd much rather my child has that rather than going near death with some shitty almost extinct disease that shouldn't be around no more.
you dont die from autism
BUT HEY WHAT AUTISM IS BAD
i'd much rather my 3 year old child slowly die from tuberculosis, small pox and influenza, than him have some learning difficulties/bad social skills.
/s

Mancom37

Atom
Nebulae
Yeah there might be some things I don't agree with Trump nevertheless a great man but back on topic.

I don't honestly know where this autism thing started,heard it was from some lone doc but they raise a interesting point

-Big Pharma

This fucking twats are going to end up having too much control in the end,Idk if they get autism I care for the guys behind distributing those vaccines.

But yet again herd immunity

Oh and let us not forget that it is not vaccines fucking our lifes but everyone taking fucking antibiotics nowadays we are playing with a dangerous tool.

Plankster

Atom
Nebulae
if you got our lord and saviour jesus christ in your heart you do not need medicine

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
if you got our lord and saviour jesus christ in your heart you do not need medicine
he'll just take you to him quicker as you are the blessed one therefore deserve to bask in the lords presence