Are you a Feminist?

Are you a feminist?

• Total voters

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
''Why do you argue about feminism, if it is not your problem?''
But you're arguing about feminism and seeing as you live in Denmark, a first world country, and you are a male, then it clearly isn't your problem.
Why do you argue about it?

Expax

Nucleus
Nebulae
hank you for being able to define what exactly my problems are from your amazing mind reading skills through the internet
How can it possibly be your problem?
That's like saying
''Oh, equal rights for birds is my problem because I think it is.''

DenZ

the silent moderator guy
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
So... implying the issues between all genders and races shouldn't be highlighted?

In other words, if you put aside my little strawman up here, I think this implies that feminism is simply a sub-branch of egalitarianism thought.

So then what's the point? If egalitarianism isn't enough that means you're not upholding that ideology correctly.
Well, what's the point of certain political pressure groups if they focus on a singular issue? Well, to achieve something. To change a policy or reform a law by pushing a single issue to the public attention.

Feminism is a movement that literally does the same. They focus on a specific issue, that they can raise awareness for and try to change. That's what pressure groups do and most of the time, they get shit done. "egalitarianism" is such a broader category that focuses on classes and races, and equality in general. And I don't recall any egalitarian movements because it's literally impossible to promote equality in everything. I just know that without feminism, society would've still deemed housecleaning as a primary role for women. Women wouldn't be able to vote and so on.

Like I said, it's a group that focuses on something specifically within a society, not everything included.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Isuckatgaming

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
How can it possibly be your problem?
That's like saying
''Oh, equal rights for birds is my problem because I think it is.''

I believe it's my problem because I want everyone to have equal rights for everyone, and those said regions shit on the rights of women (and other ethnic, religious etc. minorities' rights) and thus I want to support movements which promote that notion of equality in those regions.

Over_Lord

Quark
Nebulae
It's pretty sad to see people take the piss out of this, when in real fact, feminism has done a lot for women over the past several decades (if you look at statistical difference or just study sociology, you'd know) I mean let's forget about the radical spectrum of feminism for a moment (which is your typical, "all men are bad xdd") and take liberal feminists for example. They advocate equal work opportunities for men and women through law and policy reforms, that's it. What's so bad about that? They don't go on this hateful spree that we all know is tumblr, and blog about how utter shit their life is due to this massive force known as MAN.

If you're a feminist, it doesn't mean you're an extremist who believes all women have gone nowhere over the last 30 years. It just means you agree that men and women should be equal. It's that simple. That's what most feminist movements do.

Even Obama openly expressed that he is a feminist. Which again, just means he endorses equal work opportunity for both men and women. At the end of the day, I'm somewhat liberal myself in terms of feminism. Doesn't mean I start a huge blog about it or push for total equality.

Well for one we are talking about modern day feminism and as we see through the media, modern-day feminism
is usually located in First-world country areas.
But as said before, i completely understand a feminist who would be discussing about the Third-world problems,
unfortunately we only see the first-world feminists spreading their bullshit allover the media burying all if any
third-world feminists.

Yeah, the first-world did have problems back in the day especially with women, but now its turned into.. well this :

Here we are mostly, as you can see, discussing about these first-world, hate men, wage gap bullshit propaganda imbecils.

aha i can pull the definition card too!!!!11!!

ed941c02f5.png

There's a good difference between feminism and egalitarianism,
you claim that feminism is a movement for "equality" but that's far from the truth since the dictionary what you have provided itself tells you, that this is a movement, for "women's rights" and to women's rights to be equal to men that is one thing, the second this is that is not represented by both genders equally, it is mainly represented by women and it is based solely to fight for women's rights, so you never see anyone standing up for men's rights or complain about areas where women have more wise than men.
So in this case Egalitarianism is completely valid point for equality.

Reactions: List

Carrion

Proton
Nebulae
Like I said, it's a group that focuses on something specifically within a society, not everything included.
A lot of intersectional feminists would vehemently disagree with you here, and these are the people who currently front the movement. Modern feminism is largely synonymous with the Social Justice movement which is at its core a radicalized form of egalitarianism. Intersectional feminism is the largest denomination of feminism and it concerns itself with literally all 'equality' (whether or not you agree with their form of equality is an entirely different question).
I just know that without feminism, society would've still deemed housecleaning as a primary role for women.
Not strictly true, given that women have worked prior to the concept of feminism even existing. Female post-birth working was much more down to the Industrial Revolution and the inability to control family life/work hours than it was to do with legislation or feminist protest.
And I don't recall any egalitarian movements because it's literally impossible to promote equality in everything.
Egalitarian movements have been a large part of history, particularly since the Enlightenment period. Unlike feminism, Egalitarian concepts have paraded under different names but considered themselves Egalitarian groups - unlike today, where feminist groups tend to be referred to directly as feminist while still bearing titles, historical Egalitarian movements have been centred around other names or revolutionary thought. The Enlightenment in and of itself was an Egalitarian concept, and it changed the Western world on extraordinary levels.