http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866772689

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Okay boys.

People want Antistasi. Quite evident. Let me discuss a few things with you first and get your opinions on this.

Firstly, Antistasi is a great framework for doing things, and has a really nice infrastructure of objectives and AI control. It does, however, lack some variety. I'm more than happy to get it working with RHS and a modpack similar to the one we used before, however, there are a few problems with the other polls in conjunction to the vote for antistasi.

1) Antistasi is not a game mode which is easily ported over to other terrains. I'm more than capable of doing it, but it will take time. It's simply not a drag and drop operation.

2) It's difficult to set antistasi to use a wide variety of units. I'd love to engage chernagorsk units one side of the map and have independent on another. That'd be a great dynamic - but this is difficult if not impossible to accomplish.

3) the mod is rather dead in development. It's not really going anywhere, and whilst many people are trying to rewrite the mod from scratch, they don't have the feature list.

So my question is - Are people wanting the same experience from last time? Or are they wanting something on a new terrain, and more fleshed out? Baring in mind it will take time to set that up.

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Okay boys.

People want Antistasi. Quite evident. Let me discuss a few things with you first and get your opinions on this.

Firstly, Antistasi is a great framework for doing things, and has a really nice infrastructure of objectives and AI control. It does, however, lack some variety. I'm more than happy to get it working with RHS and a modpack similar to the one we used before, however, there are a few problems with the other polls in conjunction to the vote for antistasi.

1) Antistasi is not a game mode which is easily ported over to other terrains. I'm more than capable of doing it, but it will take time. It's simply not a drag and drop operation.

2) It's difficult to set antistasi to use a wide variety of units. I'd love to engage chernagorsk units one side of the map and have independent on another. That'd be a great dynamic - but this is difficult if not impossible to accomplish.

3) the mod is rather dead in development. It's not really going anywhere, and whilst many people are trying to rewrite the mod from scratch, they don't have the feature list.

So my question is - Are people wanting the same experience from last time? Or are they wanting something on a new terrain, and more fleshed out? Baring in mind it will take time to set that up.

Also, looking at MCC. Just updated to a new version, and is used in a hell of a lot of communities for dynamic and consistent campaigns that are persistent.

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Imo if it's easier to do on altis lets just stick with it

cns - he/him/his

The Winner
Nebulae
yeah like tanoa does not settle well with my computer and i'd love to play again
im perfectly fine with altis

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I'm very tempted to set up MCC And trial that. Has it's own survival mechanics, as well as resource collection like fuel, ammunition - supports a wide variety of things, commander mode, zeus compat, much much much easier to modify and much mor variety. Thoughts?

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
I'm very tempted to set up MCC And trial that. Has it's own survival mechanics, as well as resource collection like fuel, ammunition - supports a wide variety of things, commander mode, zeus compat, much much much easier to modify and much mor variety. Thoughts?
i'd say that less is more in this case

adding a survival aspect would halt progress and turn it into a grind imo

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i'd say that less is more in this case

adding a survival aspect would halt progress and turn it into a grind imo

It's purely optional.

It can be as militaristic or civilian>military as you like, thats the intent of it really. It just seems MUCH less heavily scripted, not easily abusable like some systems were in antistasi (roadblocks killing all etc) and just generally much better? Not sure mate.

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
It's purely optional.

It can be as militaristic or civilian>military as you like, thats the intent of it really. It just seems MUCH less heavily scripted, not easily abusable like some systems were in antistasi (roadblocks killing all etc) and just generally much better? Not sure mate.
i think for me it's the teamwork and communication that did it for antistasi - it was the only thing that got us where we got and resource collection feels more like a survival oriented game where you can hold left mouse and in an hour or two it's doen for you.. it's just me though, idk
exploits can also be prevented by zeus unless it's something that affects the players

Last edited:

Nova_

Electron
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
i think for me it's the teamwork and communication that did it for antistasi - it was the only thing that got us where we got and resource collection feels more like a survival oriented game. it's just me though, idk
exploits can also be prevented by zeus unless it's something that affects the players

Thats the thing. MCC has a "Campaign" feature. It generates missions and such the same way that antistasi generated them - to a better quality and much more variety.

For example, lets say we are playing altis. As admin, i can do the following.

Dictate the starting base, as well as OPFOR's starting base in the event of PVPVE
Dictate the factions at play for blue and opfor.
Dictate the difficulty and variety of units used, as well as their skill and such.
Dictate weather, towns or locations of interest aside from basic bitch towns (like bunkers and cool locations otherwise not used)

Commander, who can be anyone, can -

go into RTS mode and make structures like they're playing warcraft 3, dictated on the resources gathered by its members.
Look for resource missions, recruit units and give a variety of command based orders, as well as call in CAS, Arty, and etc (heavily dictated on resources gathered)

Players have the ability to scavange, bring stuff back to unlock, and the general shit you'd expect players to do. they can buy their own vehicles ordinance and shit, as well as store it. All this saved on a database for loading etc.