ArmA 3 - Community Operation GUARD_DOWN

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
RUNDOWN OF THE TEST OPERATION

Overall, I can say - while it was chaotic, it went very well. The chaos is on me, since the map did some chaotic things and I got a little stressed. It was great fun to me though, and I enjoyed it and I hope those who participated did as well.

Although, I've taken a few notes of what I'll probably change for the next operation:
  • inclusion of a limited arsenal
  • proper resupplies
  • different map
  • continued optimization of on-map assets (props etc)
  • better briefings, with map markers
  • greater immersion
  • more music
  • more detailed tutorial on how to join, set everything up etcetera
The OP will be updated within the coming days with a small set of mod and the above. Suggestions are welcome, and sign-ups are still open - with the next operation most likely taking place on a bigger map, we're definetly looking to fill some slots up anyways. There is a chance I might invite my own community to it as well, so we have a large number of participants and the maximum degree of chaotic fun : D

Also, I might add ACE3 to the main operation, since it seems popular. To those who recorded videos, please post them! If you have any more ideas, feel free to post them in the thread.

Thanks for the op! Looking forward to the next one.
Just need to rename my profile, haha
and use third person when shooting from the rebel car thing

Reactions: List

Pyromaniac

rob-approved!
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae

Used TrackIR (never again until I can find a good deadzone/sensitivity stuff for Arma)

And of-course, first time running arma in a while so a lot of mis-pressing keys and having to adjust controls on the fly.

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Some screenshots I took!

20210612125523_1.jpg

20210612125209_1.jpg

20210612130447_1.jpg

20210612131001_1.jpg

20210612131840_1.jpg

20210612132254_1.jpg

20210612131733_1.jpg

20210612132804_1.jpg

20210612134557_1.jpg

20210612134608_1.jpg

Last edited:

Rod

remove bias
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
YES I AM IN I AM IN

Anyone here from when Nova did an arma 3 series in neb lmao

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae

Used TrackIR (never again until I can find a good deadzone/sensitivity stuff for Arma)

And of-course, first time running arma in a while so a lot of mis-pressing keys and having to adjust controls on the fly.

me at the end accurately hitting the helicopter with 80% of my shots

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Hey there people, a quick update!

First, apologies for the lack of communication on this. I understand it's just a small thing for us all, but I should've communicated more to keep you guys updated on what'll happen next.

I've been inactive since I had to work a lot lately. I'm trying to save as much money as possible and took as many gigs as I could, and will still continue to work 'till the end of the holidays - albeit, now I work under different conditions which hopefully will be easier to manage.

While I'm not a fan or promises, I will do what I can to continue the original plan and make a mission. Lots has changed as I've tested out a bunch of addons, and the list has grown a little bit. Besides that, we will also be doing this operation with another community I'm part of so there are going to be quite a few players - further updates on that down the line.

Overall, I'm really getting back into it and will continue work, without sacrificing quality. Keep you posted, everyone and thanks for sticking around!

vtipoman

Electron
Nebulae
Hey there people, a quick update!

First, apologies for the lack of communication on this. I understand it's just a small thing for us all, but I should've communicated more to keep you guys updated on what'll happen next.

I've been inactive since I had to work a lot lately. I'm trying to save as much money as possible and took as many gigs as I could, and will still continue to work 'till the end of the holidays - albeit, now I work under different conditions which hopefully will be easier to manage.

While I'm not a fan or promises, I will do what I can to continue the original plan and make a mission. Lots has changed as I've tested out a bunch of addons, and the list has grown a little bit. Besides that, we will also be doing this operation with another community I'm part of so there are going to be quite a few players - further updates on that down the line.

Overall, I'm really getting back into it and will continue work, without sacrificing quality. Keep you posted, everyone and thanks for sticking around!
my forgiveness can be bought for tips on how to push through all the different Unit offers/ads and pick one that'll be a good fit
just kidding don't worry too much about it, real life comes first :)

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
dunno if i’m late here

i haven’t played arma for many a year so i’m probably rusty as fuck, but i play squad a lot, so if i can get a hang of it again i’m down :grinning:

Northgate

:D
HL2 RP Administrator
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae