Serious Base Raids Feedback

Verräterpackaging

Happy dude from around the clinic! :D
Nebulae
Well, overall, the right people and the general amount missed. Combine outnumbered us strongly, some of our guys didn't even have a single bullet and cell leadership wasn't around to hand out supplies. In terms of pure fighting power there, we had less manpower and those who we had were not properly equipped - well, not everyone. Gear can be sorted when cell leads show up - but the manpower count depends on how many players want to play this.

Reactions: List

Reggie

fresh prince of baghdad
Nebulae
why ya'll surprised rebels didn't flag on?
did this in the middle of the day (for me) on a Tuesday, by the time i got home from work and flagged on ya'll already breached the bunker

Mads

Proton
Nebulae
Hi.

I was part of Combine assault team 1, who stayed outside the bunker to hold the flank.

I participated because I haven't been part of major combine attacks/events since the final city 24 event, before the server closed. This event was somewhat a disappointment for me personally.

We stayed outside the bunker, holding the flank with nothing happening. I did not a single time participate or have any influence on the event whatsoever. I barely got to fire a single bullet.

I originally considered joining the event on the rebel side, but considering I had 2/3 of my characters armor fixed, no spare armor scraps, only one gun, and nearly no ammo, it was pretty much impossible, since rebels haven't received any resupplies whatsoever. (This is another complaint not linked to this event, sorry about that, but it does have an impact on my overall perspective on this event.)

For constructive criticism, for another time, I'd highly recommend giving rebel characters the chance for resupplying their armor, guns, etc. So that they have a somewhat fair chance if this happens again.

I'm sure the people inside the bunker had a great time with the event, this review might've been biased. My apologies. :)

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Personally I don't have much to add about the situation. It was laggy, I saw the enemy maybe a grand total of two times. First when they were pouring across a hallway and prompted me to retreat, second when I was trying to beam a soldier who as in the kitchen (Door did not render properly).
Not a whole lot to do as a vort unless I wanted to suicide push (read: try to beam out of cover and be instantly melted by MP7 vomit).

Valtorix

Self-Identified S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Nebulae
Perhaps people find PassiveRP more fun than S2K

It has its purpose, as does S2K. S2K isn't the problem, ironically, its actually the lack of RP.

Let me explain before people lose their shit
There's very little IC co-ordination from what I saw. The cells handled themselves, and no one else. There's "prominent figures" that no one listens to, and this is where we end up. Unlike the CPs that have a clear rank structure, and proper training to mount an offensive. The best way to prevent an IC hiccup on the side of the Rebels like they did today, would be for them (and this is all stuff to be done IC) to stop talking, and start doing. When someone actually tries to work toward a resolution, they completely ignore them. I get it, random guy who people barely know; but a scenario that involves preparation to this magnitude exclusively involves roleplay and not S2K so thats invalid. People want this, just no one executed it well. And as frustrated as I am with this whole shebang, at least it makes sense from an RP perspective.
You have a bunch of "contracted" cells and civies running around like heads chopped off with no one paying attention to the central authority or figureheads. How many of them have actual, professional, combat training? Probably less than 5. So this outcome is to be expected.

Valtorix

Nebulae
Hi.

I was part of Combine assault team 1, who stayed outside the bunker to hold the flank.

I participated because I haven't been part of major combine attacks/events since the final city 24 event, before the server closed. This event was somewhat a disappointment for me personally.

We stayed outside the bunker, holding the flank with nothing happening. I did not a single time participate or have any influence on the event whatsoever. I barely got to fire a single bullet.

I originally considered joining the event on the rebel side, but considering I had 2/3 of my characters armor fixed, no spare armor scraps, only one gun, and nearly no ammo, it was pretty much impossible, since rebels haven't received any resupplies whatsoever. (This is another complaint not linked to this event, sorry about that, but it does have an impact on my overall perspective on this event.)

For constructive criticism, for another time, I'd highly recommend giving rebel characters the chance for resupplying their armor, guns, etc. So that they have a somewhat fair chance if this happens again.

I'm sure the people inside the bunker had a great time with the event, this review might've been biased. My apologies. :)

As a clueless rebel on the inside with mediocre supplies but enough to contribute, you missed little. By the time my NLR was up people were pow-wowing about how to better not screw up next time, but not actually coming to any conclusions or making useful decisions.
It was just a lot of panic, spraying in one direction, and getting ninja'd by CPs trained in Flashstep.

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
Not much happened on my side while I participated on the raid, few shots exchanged but fairly quiet on my front.

Only real thing for me, is that regardless of how the fights go, the emphasis on base raiding with specific locations to hit and rewards for doing so, were not things I was particularly interested in having continue into further maps. Granted it still made me show up so I guess it worked?

Although it was more of a feeling of obligation to spend the stockpile I kept from 24.

Giving notice on day and time was appreciated, something I would've enjoyed having on 24 just to help keep things from feeling like a constant battle, but I don't have much the energy for it. In regards to why the rebel performance seemed weak from Simman's post, Folks largely seemed to struggle for supplies, I gave out the bulk of my ammo and grenade reserves and some spare guns, but still seemed to be plenty of folks struggling regardless.

I suppose it's just not what compels me to play on the server, I'd rather be wandering the wasteland looking at weird aliens, remaining under the radar from combine patrols, while doing some freelance work, although I don't think that's the intended vision the server is going for?
It's a weird one, current events don't really do it for me atm.
Preparations to defend the base got hindered greatly, yeah

In the announcement of the upcoming raid, there was about 10 human characters on (excluding CPs) and only five of us started to make defenses for the base. We were actually gonna have all the entrances blocked off except for the main gate (mainly the elevators and the Firebug outpost). We ended up getting stopped by DAGGER-2 and Ark when we were disabling the other elevators, after we fried one that the Radio Building had (the second one that goes to the other side of the tram controls). DAGGER-2 was the one that halted us, and Ark was the one that explained the reasoning behind the last second intervention (For faction balance so that the rebel can't be impenetrable by the Combine).

However, my jaw dropped when information was being shared around that someone forgot to ping the admins to enable the mines. The person that handled the mines should've done a quick /help to oversee the handling of the mines (unless they already had but admins didn't respond in time). These are currently my thoughts on the matter.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I am confused as to why the rebels seemed so underprepared
It was announced a day prior, paired with permitted metagame of the attack and 4 vorts on I was convinced this would be a really tough battle
What happened?
i can only speak from my personal pov but i just couldnt be fucked getting on

s2k is boring

aint got anything else to add to the thread cus i wasnt there so

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
There's very little IC co-ordination from what I saw. The cells handled themselves, and no one else.
There was attempt at organization, but it was too little too late. @Verräterpackaging tried his best to get people to gather before the h-hour to figure out what to do, but everybody wandered off to do their thing before he could lay out the plan in front of everyone.

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
The eternal issue of "Rebels want S2K until they don't, Rebels want structure but trying to formally make them OOC structured will make them leave"

Valtorix

Nebulae
Overall, it went as it should, from an OOC technical oversight, the only complaints I actually have is the Fog could've been done with out, at least in instances where the fighting will 100% be done inside, doesnt make sense for there to be fog inside anyways; being Ignored kinda bothered me even when James intentionally interjected an endless, fruitless argument to try to come to some useful conclusion; but that was more of an IC thing; at least make a /me to ignore me would be nice otherwise it feels a tad personal lol

There was nothing wrong with the base raid, the rebels simply were unprepared and unorganized; and they reaped what they sowed for it.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
idk i feel like trying to debate s2k tactics ic is like the most intrusive shit ever

half the time i think people just wanna get this shit over and done with so they can go back to rp

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
The eternal issue of "Rebels want S2K until they don't, Rebels want structure but trying to formally make them OOC structured will make them leave"
You've confused me this time

Maytree

Black Hole
Nebulae
I must say, raids like these should probably only happen during peak hours or when people are not in school/college.

Valtorix

Nebulae
idk i feel like trying to debate s2k tactics ic is like the most intrusive shit ever

half the time i think people just wanna get this shit over and done with so they can go back to rp

Nah, totally not what I was aiming at. In character organization for structure is possible, the RP and effort just needs to be put in. I'm not discussing "Hey lets chat S2K tactics" Im talking "Alright here's the situation with what little we know, we need the west and east exits barricaded, with X people there and there. Lets have X man the front line, barricading the hallway to the gatehouse and situating defensive lines here and here. If you get shot, use what resources you have to keep yourself alive, if not, run to HERE which will be designated as A CCP or the clinic for medical assistance." Etc.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
nice opinion.

however;

you're british
you're 4'9
ex sd
posts on ban appeals and pk appeals
cringe

STUCK IN A CAKE

Molecule
Nebulae
Yeah - we were a little worried in OTA chat about the defense, because we were on the Ball. We managed to get a sizable amount flagged on for 'the big raid' - and held an almost 30 minutes IC meeting of just the plan of action, course of action in case that didn't work and designated field leaders.

But in the end, there was barely any fighting - and it was over in like 10 minutes

Rabid

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
You've confused me this time
You could easily fix the organisation issue if rebels were OOCly organised - and a lot of people like the idea - but that can never happen because in reality they'd hate to be run by staff and it'd be far more pressure on staff. Likewise, S2K is fun for people until it isn't, and at that point people will want passive... until they don't.

Its a balancing act, and a difficult one.