Serious Base Raids Feedback

Valtorix

Self-Identified S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Nebulae
You could easily fix the organisation issue if rebels were OOCly organised - and a lot of people like the idea - but that can never happen because in reality they'd hate to be run by staff and it'd be far more pressure on staff. Likewise, S2K is fun for people until it isn't, and at that point people will want passive... until they don't.

Its a balancing act, and a difficult one.

I disagree, but you're right about it being a balancing act.

ovxy

infamous instigator
Media Developer
Premium Member
Nebulae
I must say, raids like these should probably only happen during peak hours or when people are not in school/college.
the time that it happened at was and is supposed to be peak hours but for some reason everyone started playing late as fuck into the day

either way there was 60/80 players on

Kafe

Level Design nomad
Nebulae
But in the end, there was barely any fighting - and it was over in like 10 minutes
I have noticed that all raids tend to be extremely short, even on 24.
Although they are all rapid demolition jobs, even back on 24, never been a matter of locking an area down for an extended period to extract goods, unless it's something like a hostage.

typically when the attacker made it to the target room, the result is already decided, it's largely then just a matter of if they can leave afterwards.

Nebulae
let's remember that all that was lost was 10% bunker hp & an operating room that can be partially fixed in short order

i'm glad the consequences were negligible because this lets us actually get feedback on how these things should go without having to void everything that happened prior

the actual raid time was based on complaints about us doing events too late in the day. if need be we can slide future raids in the opposite direction

consider this a test run

Reactions: List

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
>rebels spawned prop mines instead of calling staff (i told them to call staff) to activate the mines for them (they didnt activate themselves)
Psyops ineffective.

I do wish we were spoon fed the intentions and end-goals of the narritive for this map. Right now it feels like things are being spitballed with little to no consideration for progression. I could just be blind and oblivious to the cues but I also had others concur on the matter.

The return to the objective system is not a bad idea, but the fact we are met with a considerably larger red tape in comparison to City 24. I think it is reasonable to suggest that the current system in place does not function well. The objectives continue to operate like organs for each faction respectively with little to no purpose but to provide boons. Even if the rebels lose all the objectives and the integrity nose dives to zero percent - what is the intended impact this is supposed to have on the narritive?

I guess when the Combine eventually will (or perhaps not) discover the dark secret Lambda secrets on the server room, what is supposed to happen then?

A point I would like to also raise is that Rebels have taken considerable losses this map in comparison to the Combine. A lot of it appears to lean towards poor availability of equipment, but I feel like there could be underlying issues that are yet to float up to the surface.

Verräterpackaging

Happy dude from around the clinic! :D
Nebulae
Yeah - we were a little worried in OTA chat about the defense, because we were on the Ball. We managed to get a sizable amount flagged on for 'the big raid' - and held an almost 30 minutes IC meeting of just the plan of action, course of action in case that didn't work and designated field leaders.

But in the end, there was barely any fighting - and it was over in like 10 minutes
Yeah - we didn't have the manpower to hold 3 possible entry points - and those guys we had barely were equipped for the occasion to fight.
It was bound to go that way - if you would have sent in the CP teams too - they could have easily flushed the whole bunker.

RedMan

Electron
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
You could easily fix the organisation issue if rebels were OOCly organised - and a lot of people like the idea - but that can never happen because in reality they'd hate to be run by staff and it'd be far more pressure on staff. Likewise, S2K is fun for people until it isn't, and at that point people will want passive... until they don't.

The Armbands are a good example of rebels being organised and it is not ran by staff (feel free to correct me @Nathant18). It is possible, but people simply refuse to either take up the initiative or they refuse to participate sometimes.

Valtorix

Self-Identified S.T.A.L.K.E.R
Nebulae
The Armbands are a good example of rebels being organised and it is not ran by staff (feel free to correct me @Nathant18). It is possible, but people simply refuse to either take up the initiative or they refuse to participate sometimes.

Or you try to take initiative after the fact to help improve the situation and get ignored lmfao

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
smaller groups are piss easy to coordinate

coordinating on the level of the entire resistance is the problem

it used to be easier back in the day because there was natural quality barriers to becoming a rebel, or it was generally far easier to just exclude morons because you didn't need insanely high numbers or anything; quite often u could pull off some insane shit with less than 10 people

but now, numbers are everything and with that comes the requirement to include everybody which - by extension - puts you into the issue of trying to coordinate everybody

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
let's remember that all that was lost was 10% bunker hp & an operating room that can be partially fixed in short order

i'm glad the consequences were negligible because this lets us actually get feedback on how these things should go without having to void everything that happened prior
This I feel should be the main takeaway from today's raid. It wasn't the be-all-end-all of the Alps storyline, so we should take it as an opportunity to learn before things get really intense in terms of future attacks.

Blitz0012

Proton
Nebulae
I don't know if anyone else had the trouble but stormfox made the smoke 10x worse inside the bunker. I don't know why but everything faded into grey like 10 feet in front of me in the bunker. Maybe go a mite lighter on the stormfox stuff during the raids, might've contributed to the lag we had at the start as well. Then again, maybe I just suck.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I wish more rebels would have flagged on

:(

Glad I didn't. The premise this map was pitched as, was to have less s2k, whilst granted there's less s2k than city 24, there's been far more s2k than one would have expected from a narrative that was said to be more passive, I've been engaged in one conflict, but that wasn't through any fault of my own, I got gunned down for fleeing and couldn't be arsed playing again.

Last edited:

Sil

jus one more fing
Nebulae
>rebels didnt flag on

>rebels spawned prop mines instead of calling staff (i told them to call staff) to activate the mines for them (they didnt activate themselves)

I WANTED TO HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
you telling me those mines were rebel props all along?
there was one right outside the clinic; when the raid happened i went out, saw it, got very confused to see a mine on the ground unactivated, and got blasted by the OTA down the hall instantly

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
its tragically hilarious that a s2k event fell through because one of the sides just didn't flag on for it