Nebulae
roleplayers learning again that trickle down economics doesn't work

reagan-ronald-reagan.gif

Reactions: List

Provingmedusa

Scourge of Antlions
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
But infighting doesn't have to lead to PKs, that's such a bad misconception that everybody is clinging onto all the time, these people are adults, they can disagree on things without killing eachother, just rare for it to happen, like...one time an OTA teleported into the bunker alone, was scared as shit, and somehow magically everyone agreed to not blow his brains out because 'guys....he's scared.' even though, you know, its an OTA

I feel like a lot of people get coerced into following the masses with their opinions, theres a lot of issues linking to it all, but at the end of the day nothing can be done except for the players to adjust

Hi. I was the OTA. I was fully expecting my brains blown out. Fortunately some.... kindhearted people.... came in and told people to not shoot me. Which WORKED SOMEHOW????

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I mean it is a new system so it'll probably have a few hiccups aye, but at the end of the day, in the grand scheme of things? I never liked large blob groups, stuff like KRLF, AEGIS, were good at the time, but I think now we're all past the point of needing a large blob to keep us safe and can easily branch out, but i think people are scared/or cant be bothered (which i dont blame them for tbh, running groups can be a headache)
message received
agent activated
it is time to return to the days of running a 50 player group on divinity... but now with eight strong men... (and women)

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
Found a dead vape on the floor im gonna use it as a guitar slide

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
I think people can benefit from creating small groups and coordinating with one another through leadership instead of having a big blob with less centralization

high count - low centralization - low organization - leadership is less meaningful
low count - high centralization - high organization - leadership can keep an eye on everyone/can organize with other groups better

so having a large amount of cells that are small sounds like a dream for something like this, and it allows new players to decide who to join and mold their personality based on what cell they join, rather than joining the blob
ok so what ur saying is i should make a small band of terrorists

i can do that.

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
nah but seriously

think large blob stuff is best when the large blob encompasses the entirety of rebelrp and has very little competition, i.e. the trident days where virtually everybody was trident and there was a minority of indeps; virtually no other full groups ever really sprouted because we had such a strangle hold on everything and it worked as a result

but in this current climate im starting to agree that smaller groups are probably the way to go

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
issue is that smaller groups are inherently an in between stage, since as a group grows it ceases to be small, inviting others to join it, accelerating the process

unless there was some OOC wall that forcibly stopped conglomeration, cells would form coalitions and grow larger naturally, until we develop into having a few large, all-encompassing groups

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
issue is that smaller groups are inherently an in between stage, since as a group grows it ceases to be small, inviting others to join it, accelerating the process

unless there was some OOC wall that forcibly stopped conglomeration, cells would form coalitions and grow larger naturally, until we develop into having a few large, all-encompassing groups
unless the smaller groups collectively realise the value of being smaller and outright refuse to continue to let new members in when they hit a certain threshold

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
unless the smaller groups collectively realise the value of being smaller and outright refuse to continue to let new members in when they hit a certain threshold

lets be real its not even a group decision

the leaders of groups just need to stop inviting people

one man can only command about 10 people reasonably, judging by how most militaries have squad management stop at 10 before they resort to delegation through officers

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
lets be real its not even a group decision

the leaders of groups just need to stop inviting people

one man can only command about 10 people reasonably, judging by how most militaries have squad management stop at 10 before they resort to delegation through officers
isnt really possible to compare irl militaries to the server though

one person can run as many people as they want if;

1) they develop control over those people
2) they have sub-leaders who can pick up the slack
3) that leader has a clear and established lifeline to the combine leaders oocly to organise things

i was able to have 30-40 members and mostly control the remaining indeps during the trident days because i had all of those things

but i also completely commandeered the script pool, too, so

MaXenzie

Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
isnt really possible to compare irl militaries to the server though

one person can run as many people as they want if;

1) they develop control over those people
2) they have sub-leaders who can pick up the slack
3) that leader has a clear and established lifeline to the combine leaders oocly to organise things

i was able to have 30-40 members and mostly control the remaining indeps during the trident days because i had all of those things

but i also completely commandeered the script pool, too, so

imo once you've started making officers and leading through delegation, you're no longer a small group

Subeh

john rebelrp
Nebulae
imo once you've started making officers and leading through delegation, you're no longer a small group
i mean yeah

also if u have a large group then you inevitably reach the point where you need enough control that you can punish people and make them, to an extent, fear crossing you

lyall was a legitimate threat to anybody who wanted to fuck with her because she had the control necessary to outright exile people from the outlands which, back then, was a borderline death sentence

she also had people willing to kill on her behalf and she exercised that ability multiple times

to control the roleplayers you must scare the roleplayers.

e: engel haas was exactly the fuckin same too, so was alaric/simeon

Last edited:

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
small groups go
sub-divisions of primary groups go
it is time, you and your friends are no longer you and your friends
you are contracted cell #17 here is your 250 points and your shotguns, now go talk to cell #16 about using their points for armour and lie in wait for the next base attack
we will call you

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
as was the case in Apocalypse, it turned into a string of assassinations and shit LOL
which is why as soon as he died on odessa it stopped completely, the farmers stopped flagging on when bdb got banned and all the 1st division rabble rousers were dead by then

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
she also had people willing to kill on her behalf and she exercised that ability multiple times

to control the roleplayers you must scare the roleplayers.

e: engel haas was exactly the fuckin same too, so was alaric/simeon
bulk of the ELA murders were on political assassinations, trident killed more of their own people

by the time the bastards had died there were only a sprinkle of others who died over the coming years (2 were comrade revan characters)
CAB/loyalists outweighed the death toll by a good lead.

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
When I ran the Shanty Town Sheriff's on the Apocalypse Portion of Season 1, it was about 6 or 7 people in total and we did pretty good, we weren't an official cell but we got handours from other people like D52 who were First recon at the time, I'd have continued it, but obviously dee pixel happened and stumped any and all progress of it practically just killing it dead over the period of two maps. All the members one by one except Dingus and Bob who're the only surviving members I know of.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
we did pretty good
very debatable

lots of us didn't like the forced authority of randoms showing up and declaring jurisdiction, and that's exactly why they were wiped out

turns out putting fatwas and bounties on farmers who just want to be left alone does not end well

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
very debatable

lots of us didn't like the forced authority of randoms showing up and declaring jurisdiction, and that's exactly why they were wiped out

turns out putting fatwas and bounties on farmers who just want to be left alone does not end well

Yeah well we just acted on what the town was saying about you guys how you were being a menace, but RP is RP, I enjoyed it whilst it lasted