Serious Bring Back WW3RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I think before we discussed the intricacies of SF and such it'd be better to go over the thought of an entire game mode

but also this discussion is good

Reactions: List

Jas691

Nucleus
Nebulae
Jas I'm pretty sure you're remembered as that guy that ERP'd
Yea, I know. My fetish for being meme'd on shouldn't discredit valuable good points of mine though if they make sense.

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
Yea, I know. My fetish for being meme'd on shouldn't discredit valuable good points of mine though if they make sense.

im not discrediting you but at the same time i believe you are somebody who struggles to let go of their characters as you see them as an extension of yourself

Jas691

Nucleus
Nebulae
im not discrediting you but at the same time i believe you are somebody who struggles to let go of their characters as you see them as an extension of yourself
Why do you think so and, more importantly, why do you think does this justefy someone else being assy to me?

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
Sure, I didn't elaborate in detail these points you mentioned like leadership and initiative, but they had that too.
Making a tl:dr isn't helping me getting my point across if it's an eyesore.
how is directly opposing your points by putting forth facts and my own opinions the same as summing your opinion up?
That was my point. There was stupid shit, sure, but it wasn't complete shit.
that does not change my point in the slightest. i didn't say it was shit, did i? i said that it had many flaws which would need to be worked on, whereas you talked about how a majority of them were good. a general tone matters.

anyways, let's move on, we're taking up too much space. NOW I'LL MAKE A TL;DR OF WHAT I BELIEVE HAPPENED AND SHOULD HAPPEN:
  • sf were mistreated by the members themselves in the sense that they were just glorified death squads
  • there were SOME (which means a minority) good roleplayers that contributed a lot to the faction
  • we would need to either make SF events-exclusive or make sure that they, y'know, fulfill their role as elite soldiers rather than just good marksmen with better coordination due to off-server comms

ALSO JAS THIS IS IMPORTANT:
please don't take whatever people say here personally, they're either memeing or are giving their two cents by disagreeing with you. this is the best thread we've got on possible ww3rp revival and i'd hate to see it go to shit

Jas691

Nucleus
Nebulae
how is directly opposing your points by putting forth facts and my own opinions the same as summing your opinion up?
Yea, since you said something about some of them being good and others not which is what I said.

that does not change my point in the slightest. i didn't say it was shit, did i? i said that it had many flaws which would need to be worked on, whereas you talked about how a majority of them were good. a general tone matters.

anyways, let's move on, we're taking up too much space. NOW I'LL MAKE A TL;DR OF WHAT I BELIEVE HAPPENED AND SHOULD HAPPEN:
  • sf were mistreated by the members themselves in the sense that they were just glorified death squads
  • there were SOME (which means a minority) good roleplayers that contributed a lot to the faction
  • we would need to either make SF events-exclusive or make sure that they, y'know, fulfill their role as elite soldiers rather than just good marksmen with better coordination due to off-server comms

In my opinion the SF was able to be saved from a higher position which is why I think Roosebud should've had more power though, like, obviously he can't do evreything alone so people should've focused and watched out who else to give power to instead of their friends and stuff, yk?

ALSO JAS THIS IS IMPORTANT:
please don't take whatever people say here personally, they're either memeing or are giving their two cents by disagreeing with you. this is the best thread we've got on possible ww3rp revival and i'd hate to see it go to shit
Sure.
I want it back as much as you do, if not, more.

If it can become better than before, that'd be great!

Zekrop

Zanovich is my spirit animal
Nebulae
yeez i missed ww3 but i sure didnt miss the constant shittalking owie

i just want to make memes man

and bring back Roest

and aaaaaa

D

Deleted member 1381

since there's almost 16 pages on this thread now @alex how likely do you think a return would be?

obviously its not going to be a one second thing but just whether or not its being considered

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
since there's almost 16 pages on this thread now @alex how likely do you think a return would be?

obviously its not going to be a one second thing but just whether or not its being considered

It's easy to be sad about something for 16 pages

But no one has really said how it COULD work or what COULD be done.
Not to mention who WOULD be the one person that could probably take the lead of it all has better things to do than handle a whiny forever nostalgic playerbase.

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae

Not to mention who WOULD be the one person that could probably take the lead of it all has better things to do than handle a whiny forever nostalgic playerbase.
i believe we have actually talked about a lot of the things that were bad with the former versions and how to fix them, or at least proposed ideas, if i'm not mistaken
though i agree with you on the lead part, hard to please this playerbase

Holymilk

Nucleus
Nebulae

u could technically say rosebud would handle it if his previous conditions in a previous page are met

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
i believe we have actually talked about a lot of the things that were bad with the former versions and how to fix them, or at least proposed ideas, if i'm not mistaken
though i agree with you on the lead part, hard to please this playerbase
I suppose things have been talking about, but trying to add some of the things mentioned sounds simple - but getting a whole player base behind some of these changes, especially these changes that have been mentioned and for THIS playerbase... one way or another, there'd be a post, with a poll, and it'd be voted to be put back to the old way of things.

Such is the circle of life with WW3 and it's cycle of content that gets added, reverted and replaced.

D

Deleted member 1381

i think what the server needed most was a factory reset if you will, all the problems can then be discussed and worked on like they have been in this thread

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
i think what the server needed most was a factory reset if you will, all the problems can then be discussed and worked on like they have been in this thread
Such is the circle of life with WW3 and it's cycle of content that gets added, reverted and replaced.

E: I might be-being too harsh on this whole player base subject but ya’ll gotta understand how much of an impact it can have on the game mode and staff

Last edited:

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
What would you change about each branch?
Starting with engineers cause they're my baby but what would you see improved on that front

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Starting with engineers cause they're my baby but what would you see improved on that front
I had made this as a diagram to show NCOs in NATO what shit should be happening because most branches were working entirely alone
JuQn3nQ.png

each branch should be giving and recieving from or to another branch, medical is pretty self explanatory but you get what I mean

e: rough diagram

ddæ

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
engineers are a good idea on paper but absolute dreck in practice - its a noble goal to have them drive out, set up supplies and assist towards building a COP for the ensuing roleplay that could happen - but it never did because that's not what the players wanted to do, it wasn't in the mindset - instead it acted as an outpost to hold like a king of the hill gamemode.

instead engineers were only useful for the gimmick of taking out a motorized patrol that'd always get shot up and need QRF assistance, or having a notoriously dreadful airforce sub-branch.

Status
Not open for further replies.