Serious Bring Back WW3RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
engineers are a good idea on paper but absolute dreck in practice - its a noble goal to have them drive out, set up supplies and assist towards building a COP for the ensuing roleplay that could happen - but it never did because that's not what the players wanted to do, it wasn't in the mindset - instead it acted as an outpost to hold like a king of the hill gamemode.

instead engineers were only useful for the gimmick of taking out a motorized patrol that'd always get shot up and need QRF assistance, or having a notoriously dreadful airforce sub-branch.
Oh yeah I wholly agree upon the whole COP construction thing and that the AF were in the end a waste

Powley

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
It's easy to be sad about something for 16 pages

But no one has really said how it COULD work or what COULD be done.
Not to mention who WOULD be the one person that could probably take the lead of it all has better things to do than handle a whiny forever nostalgic playerbase.

I could type something up g you want

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
I got a feeling it'd be a waste of your time, but don't let that stop you from writing a nice opinion if you felt inclined :^).

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I think a start would be piling together all the shit that showed flaws and possible corrections

Obviously s2k is the main part

Reactions: List

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
engineers are a good idea on paper but absolute dreck in practice - its a noble goal to have them drive out, set up supplies and assist towards building a COP for the ensuing roleplay that could happen - but it never did because that's not what the players wanted to do, it wasn't in the mindset - instead it acted as an outpost to hold like a king of the hill gamemode.

instead engineers were only useful for the gimmick of taking out a motorized patrol that'd always get shot up and need QRF assistance, or having a notoriously dreadful airforce sub-branch.
Personally I always enjoyed the tank combat that we introduced and f
would love to help with input

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae
If we were to ever bring it back, I personally consider it likely we'll try to continue the 'This War of Mine' styled reform we started working on back when WW3RP was around, seeing as we made some progress in that department before we closed it down.

D

Deleted member 1158

Tbh WW3RP would be way better with hard PKs sort of like XCOM does with soldier deaths being the end, meaning people actually have to think before they blindly run into S2K all the time. It'd certainly encourage people to RP more, deathmatch less and discourage more of the "t h i c c gang squad 420 moving out to kill commies/americanos".

In turn ofc the rank system would have to be streamlined to allow for people to climb ranks fast (limit being the highest enlisted NCO rank before CO) to compensate for anyone losing their character in S2K.

Then people would actually have stories to tell instead of a squad being wiped out and generic soldier 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 counted KIA or MIA. Being a veteran would actually have a meaning rather than being le epic dude who can kill anyone because honestly, if you die and keep coming back no shit you'll be able to rack up over 100 kills with ease. If you do that with PKs around then congrats, you earned the prestige of being either very lucky or smart enough to cheat death. Surviving a firefight and being medically treated would also have way more impact than it used to.

The controversy would of course be how COs and the fac lead can keep their rank etc without the infrastructure of the faction completely crumbling if every Sergeant gets killed in the course of a week. Though I believe problem too is flexible enough to have some sort of feasible solution that makes everyone (or most people) happy. There's also the potential issue of less attachment to your character, although I believe the benefits of potential RP over S2K would outweigh the negative offsets.

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
whenever a fight starts everyone has to boot up hearthstone

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
Tbh WW3RP would be way better with hard PKs sort of like XCOM does with soldier deaths being the end, meaning people actually have to think before they blindly run into S2K all the time. It'd certainly encourage people to RP more, deathmatch less and discourage more of the "t h i c c gang squad 420 moving out to kill commies/americanos".

In turn ofc the rank system would have to be streamlined to allow for people to climb ranks fast (limit being the highest enlisted NCO rank before CO) to compensate for anyone losing their character in S2K.

Then people would actually have stories to tell instead of a squad being wiped out and generic soldier 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 counted KIA or MIA. Being a veteran would actually have a meaning rather than being le epic dude who can kill anyone because honestly, if you die and keep coming back no shit you'll be able to rack up over 100 kills with ease. If you do that with PKs around then congrats, you earned the prestige of being either very lucky or smart enough to cheat death. Surviving a firefight and being medically treated would also have way more impact than it used to.

The controversy would of course be how COs and the fac lead can keep their rank etc without the infrastructure of the faction completely crumbling if every Sergeant gets killed in the course of a week. Though I believe problem too is flexible enough to have some sort of feasible solution that makes everyone (or most people) happy. There's also the potential issue of less attachment to your character, although I believe the benefits of potential RP over S2K would outweigh the negative offsets.
I disagree on your point, I think that alot of people would become very annoyed very quickly if they died every time they went out. Characters wouldn't survive a day

D

Deleted member 1158

I disagree on your point, I think that alot of people would become very annoyed very quickly if they died every time they went out. Characters wouldn't survive a day
They could learn to live with it if they stopped deathmatching and focused on RPing as that is whole purpose of the server. It's a radical idea, however going back to the standard S2K/RP mix doesn't seem to work neither.

Shock

Electron
Nebulae
I'm not disagreeing with that it doesn't make you care about your character but o feel that itd require an overhaul in terms of how players engage in combat with each other.
A change from the run and gun to slower long range combat.

Jas691

Nucleus
Nebulae
I'm not disagreeing with that it doesn't make you care about your character but o feel that itd require an overhaul in terms of how players engage in combat with each other.
A change from the run and gun to slower long range combat.

True, despite that, it doesn't quite function in the old lore where you have commissars yelling at you and being the ones that shoot you in the back of your head if you don't storm some building.

It was not unlikely for the Soviet faction to execute their own people because they were too defensive in S2K which was nice roleplay.
Sure, it was NLR, but still, nice roleplay.

Deleted member 3713

My dick way too small to have y’all on it.
Nebulae
what about arma 3 chernarussian war rp? add some civilian characters and npc's and your good. huge map to work with

Status
Not open for further replies.