Serious Bring Back WW3RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

the very best rp man on planet earth
Nebulae
I haven't really read through this thread so apologies if I'm repeating something someone else has said but honestly a less competitive WW3 would probably do wonders for both the playerbase and the gamemode itself. It's been a while since I played on it but the focus from what I recall was always on winning and you ended up with a heavy us vs them mentality (comparable to rebels and union but times about five). Which led to people doing literally anything they could to win, deleting textures from games, staff metagaming so on and so on. It's bound to happen again if WW3 is re-opened again with the exact same people in staff positions as it was last time, because the same mindset and same problems from LP were brought over to neb and it died in a similar fashion.

Reactions: List

Stalker

Nebulae
So you think men can’t cry? It’s not an act he should be ashamed of?
Can you stop, calling anyone out for that is a bad move just admit it and move on.

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
I haven't really read through this thread so apologies if I'm repeating something someone else has said but honestly a less competitive WW3 would probably do wonders for both the playerbase and the gamemode itself. It's been a while since I played on it but the focus from what I recall was always on winning and you ended up with a heavy us vs them mentality (comparable to rebels and union but times about five). Which led to people doing literally anything they could to win, deleting textures from games, staff metagaming so on and so on. It's bound to happen again if WW3 is re-opened again with the exact same people in staff positions as it was last time, because the same mindset and same problems from LP were brought over to neb and it died in a similar fashion.
I don’t think you can just make something like WW3 ‘uncompetitive’ without making it not fun though. As long as by default there are two teams in almost any activity there’s competition- only way you could maybe get rid of it is to remove any and all reward.

e: I guess it kind of depends on who’s playing too but team based things encourage competitiveness is what I’m saying - it could even split staff apart if they succumb to muH BIAS

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
I don’t think you can just make something like WW3 ‘uncompetitive’ without making it not fun though. As long as by default there are two teams in almost any activity there’s competition- only way you could maybe get rid of it is to remove any and all reward.
i think the gametracker meme shit with everyone trying to get that 1 spot as well as certain individuals posting kill logs all over the meme thread for nebs and social status was the biggest problem with S2K
it just made everyone obsessed with being the next on the meme thread with 20 nebs after posting some crap gang rap with an epilepsy gif and le cool font with staff kill logs and a gametracker placement

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae

e: I guess it kind of depends on who’s playing too but team based things encourage competitiveness is what I’m saying - it could even split staff apart if they succumb to muH BIAS
yeah competitiveness was a big factor in the ww3rp during its existence but i don't think it was actually that important. for example (i think) back on lp, globalists under wulfeh's administrations got a whole lot less competitive as they were focused on improving themselves and just having fun by roleplaying.
over-competitiveness never leads to good results but i do believe that with the proposed system of less s2k patrols it could become a thing. enforcing base roleplay, as well as having MORE nco's lead 'roleplay patrols' could also greatly benefit this more isolationist playstyle

Stalker

Nebulae
i think the gametracker meme shit with everyone trying to get that 1 spot as well as certain individuals posting kill logs all over the meme thread for nebs and social status was the biggest problem with S2K
it just made everyone obsessed with being the next on the meme thread with 20 nebs after posting some crap gang rap with an epilepsy gif and le cool font with staff kill logs and a gametracker placement
SgtMaj. Steve has killed Newplayer 2
SgtMaj. Steve has killed newplayer 4

HAHA Guys did you see my epic kills??

Roosebud

Molecule
Nebulae

I reckon it was far deeper than that, as we turned off gametracker logging and people still did everything to 'win' firefights just to laugh at the opposing side or harass players for 'being bad'.

Kerim

Proton
Nebulae
yeah competitiveness was a big factor in the ww3rp during its existence but i don't think it was actually that important. for example (i think) back on lp, globalists under wulfeh's administrations got a whole lot less competitive as they were focused on improving themselves and just having fun by roleplaying.
over-competitiveness never leads to good results but i do believe that with the proposed system of less s2k patrols it could become a thing again. enforcing base roleplay, as well as having MORE nco's lead 'roleplay patrols' could also greatly benefit this more isolationist playstyle

e: having a stroke rn don't mind me

Stalker

Nebulae
I reckon it was far deeper than that, as we turned off gametracker logging and people still did everything to 'win' firefights just to laugh at the opposing side or harass players for 'being bad'.
That was a staff mindset at a lot of points of time too so the chance of it ever being removed was basically nill

Lynx

Dig Down, and find faith.
Nebulae
V43XAXt.jpg

Guess I’ll just shut up and sit down, then.

Sorry @Jello

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
it was one of the huge issues though, as even after game tracker got shut off the staff themselves just fished the kill logs after a firefight and dumped them over steam or ts for it
the issue of just being able to lord over the other team was a huge problem regardless though, i remember the countless arguments over ts that usually had insults of "globashit suck at s2k" being involved at some point
SgtMaj. Steve has killed Newplayer 2
SgtMaj. Steve has killed newplayer 4

HAHA Guys did you see my epic kills??
nah nah nah, let me do this the proper way
russian gang member goes ham on america

DdpxDXm.gif

[17:04:23] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed Pvt. John Winters with fas_ak47
[17:04:25] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed Sgt. Sarah Johnson with fas_ak47
[17:04:43] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed Spc. Dan Jackson with fas_grenade
[17:05:12] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed LtCol. Serena Harrison with fas_m9

[17:05:13] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed Cpl. Collin Lucid with fas_m9
[17:05:17] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed Pfc. Daniel Michaels with fas_m9

[17:05:50] Cpt. Victor Popov has used "/r I hear gun shots, sounds like an MP5. All squadrons report and prepare for Globalist contact, over."
[17:05:55] Cpl. Idi Nahio has used "/r fuck off cunt thats me and ive killed most of them"

[17:05:30] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed LCpl. Sarah Lackey with fas_mp5
[17:05:32] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed Pvt. Keith Jenkins with fas_mp5
[17:05:33] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed LCpl. Howard Thompson with fas_mp5
[17:05:37] Cpl. Idi Nahio has killed Sgt. Jason Dove with fas_mp5

Last edited:

RaphaelDeFusco

Electron
Nebulae
The thing is that WW3RP is mostly concentrated around PVP since it's an actual war being fought with the outcomes of events heavily relying on S2K results. Players know that they have to earn a reputation as reliable S2K'ers as well as being capable of roleplaying in order to progress through the ranks. If we want to encourage passive roleplay, we would likely have to limit SCO's activites to be purely base administrative duties, since they ultimately call the shots and decide how the faction works internally.

Stalker

Nebulae
Is the WW3 confession thread still about? I'm a bit curious

gigi

Atom
Nebulae
No, it's archived. But I made work out of making sure all 'confessions' have been noted
i remember seeing it and figured itd be moved to general discussion when ww3 was archived so we could view or post in it it and didnt bother reading it until later
then it got archived and i never saw anything in it and im still pissed to this day
never getting a chance to see all that gossip is killing me

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
i remember seeing it and figured itd be moved to general discussion when ww3 was archived so we could view or post in it it and didnt bother reading it until later
then it got archived and i never saw anything in it and im still pissed to this day
never getting a chance to see all that gossip is killing me
most of it was wulfeh and disorder going full chimp at eachother

there wasnt much intellectual debate if you get me

D

Deleted member 1158

most of it was wulfeh and disorder going full chimp at eachother

there wasnt much intellectual debate if you get me
You mean disorder and stephanov being their usual selves and me defending myself, their intention wasn't an intellectual debate no

Stalker

Nebulae
You mean disorder and stephanov being their usual selves and me defending myself, their intention wasn't an intellectual debate no
I remember being Stephanov being a good lad ;<

Status
Not open for further replies.