Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by aperson, Aug 20, 2020.

1. M3lon

M3lon Approved by Erdogan
    HL2 RP Administrator

Nebulae:
    The only exciting part of the campaign was when we were given the chance to betray our team and ally with Perseus.

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  2. TinPan

TinPan Needs to blow his nose

Nebulae:
    Again, as I said; if you went into a COD game expecting accuracy beyond belief then you were obviously gonna be left with a sour taste in your mouth. I knew full well there was gonna be dumb shit like inappropriate weaponry and actions performed that realistically would’ve never happened, but by having that suspension of disbelief it makes it acceptable.

Hell, I’d argue Cold War is one of the better examples of a game where the setting is able to easily facilitate the off the walls action.

I’m even willing to forgive the somewhat genericness of the overall story too, mostly because of the fact that the very large amount of COD players probably had little to zero idea of what the fuck went on during the 80’s or the Cold War in general. They had to make it accessible to a wider audience at the end of the day, and I’m willing to excuse them for that.

3. Clokr

Clokr Atom

Nebulae:
    Treyarch: “You guys can play as either NATO or Warsaw Pact troops!”
    Players: “Cool! But uh... why is there only one Russian... and why is that one Russian KGB and not Alfa?”
    Treyarch: “The fucks a Russian?”

4. STUCK IN A CAKE

STUCK IN A CAKE `impulse-approved

Nebulae:
    so arma 3 :^)

5. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    I usually sell on G2A and I base of the price based on what they have on pricing there so when I get key in December I’ll have to see how the price stabilized.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. big chungus

big chungus Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Overall the game is meh, generic boring filler that doesn't do anything new and interesting and falls short of even doing what it was supposed to be, right. I expected a tale of authentic feeling cold war espionage filled with twists and turns all the way through and characters that are actually interesting and representative of real intelligence agents. At the beginning it seems like you might get at least some of that but it all just falls flat, it turns out to be the same old save the world shit we've already seen a hundred times before this. The endings were pretty well done imo I'll give it that but it doesn't make up for the rest of the entire game being mediocre at best.

Aside from the story, the action in this one is way over the top. Some people enjoyed it but imo when you overdo it this much it just starts to become meaningless and stale. COD has always been known for it's michael bay styled action but back in it's golden days it knew how to do it right so that these scenes actually had an impact and evoked emotion from you whilst still being grounded in reality somewhat.

This is COD at it's best and I pray that their multimillion dollar game studios start coming up with innovative and fresh stuff again.

7. Vortex

Vortex Proton

Nebulae:
    Exactly, the populations are sparse across several games and the franchise is dying, just throwing out all these games with hype to grab money. The recent titles strayed from what Call of Duty should be, and so did Assassins Creed, yet at least that series made good games even though it didn't give us what we wanted (Odyssey is brilliant from what I hear). The new ones are mediocre at best now, they should just put these old series to rest rather than milk them. New ideas forging new games is how progress is made.

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  8. big chungus

big chungus Nucleus

Nebulae:
    Call of duty 57: call of duty
    No campaign, no multiplayer, just a menu

9. Poopship McGee

Poopship McGee Old Stock Canadian | Psalm 14:1
    WW3 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:

• nebulous nebulous x 2
  10. GustavasSve

GustavasSve Don’t forget Hawaii!

Nebulae:
    Just a tip for any zombie players out there, combat knife one hits until round 21 and is so satisfying to use lol

• nebulous nebulous x 3
  11. Mic15000

Mic15000 The Underdog
    HL2 RP Senior Administrator

Nebulae:
    Couldn't sell it in the end, so I tried it, Campaign is going to be 10/10 for me, fun and amazing graphics, open to other playthrough thanks to different choices.

Multiplayer is just typical cod, Miami is so badly optimized it manages to lag my 3080 in certain areas and the meta is pretty bad as one gun dominates over the other.

Zombies, haven't tried it, not a fan of the mode in general so I can't comment on it.

Overall I'd buy this on a $20 Sale in 4-5 years just to play the campaign is amazing if you have a good rig to run it, there's a lot of very great details to spend time looking, but if you just want quick action you'll fail to notice some of the details.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tyrone

Tyrone DreadPirateRoberts approved
    HL2 RP Administrator Premium Member

Nebulae:
    remember when call of duty was just a fleshed out campaign? i remember playing finest hour on my ps2. good times, never got past the factory mission because it was too hard. dont have a ps2 anymore so i cant roflstomp the archaic ai anymore

feelsbadman

• nebulous nebulous x 1
  13. Vortex

Vortex Proton

Nebulae:
    I didn't expect anyone in a million years to mention that game. Also, the AI is actually underrated in the game, its got pretty good navigation and holds up well for an average playing experience. The story was brilliant, just everything about it deserved more attention.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice