ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
i love cats but there's a hell of a lot of them on the billboards lol

Reactions: List

Ond

Rictal-Approved
Nebulae
in my personal view; CP propaganda posters are absolutely pointless to make or put on (and union factions to some extent).

the force needs no advertisement. no amount of 'we are the good guys we protect you' is going to change anyone's opinion on it. we already know what CP is, what it does, and why you should like/dislike them. it takes up space without providing any roleplay value back

posters should be made for more nuanced and player made initiatives - gangs and political groups. poster spaces should be reserved for these things to be added and removed as we see fit, and default map posters should be ones that blend into the setting without being too intrusive; the previous posters are just fine for this.

this isn't to say you haven't put effort into gathering these images and placing them properly and we don't appreciate it, you have and we do, but i disagree with the change in the first place
nazis and maoists were bad guys but people still buy into their bullshit because of le epic "take back ur future" or "eat the rich" fashwave/commiewave shit

it adds character imo

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I've made the version I sent to bq public on my profile, gathering feedback till thursday

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2395878954
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2395624135

already changed the sun lighting & poster lighting since this, & unlocked the loyalist door

just be honest with what you guys think is right/wrong, after thursday it do be permanent

oh and there's a lot of dev bright lights during the night just ignore them
8sO4ljY.png

remove these they are silly and a left-over of previous map design, by stripping them u allow more space 4 stuff

tL9LemF.jpg

more of a personal thing but make this alleyway tighter, feels far too big

e: and it's japan ik you mister gary did not make the posters but the c24 ones should have the japanese writing only or the english text in small, increased compression to match the style originally present in the map

all of yurrie (i think) stuff is good tho

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
i only intended for it to be used like, once

yeah I didn't have enough, I'll sauce some more posters by the end of the week

i didnt actually notice the amount of cats till now

D

Deleted member 1405

I've made the version I sent to bq public on my profile, gathering feedback till thursday

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2395878954
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2395624135

already changed the sun lighting & poster lighting since this, & unlocked the loyalist door

just be honest with what you guys think is right/wrong, after thursday it do be permanent

oh and there's a lot of dev bright lights during the night just ignore them
not one but TWO FOUR!! admin boxes, that's epic as hell. Map looks good, enough change that it's still new and exciting, but not so much that it's completely mind boggling to understand the new layout/changes

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
not one but TWO admin boxes, that's epic as hell. Map looks good, enough change that it's still new and exciting, but not so much that it's completely mind boggling to understand the new layout/changes
four

theres two above it

maxi

maxiboy
Nebulae
kinda petty but

lrfFUlX6slGKmK8AKSivZUIgW52eTFArwK0TpetmPsVijjx_QZJrg4yYMre45J4Yfwquc-950DeLr5wzAFqcoYOFfrqEwZsEXskzotEZZBXKmS2ken9lZgPjnJ3ccG7MtuPYoVeB

should be 'an auxiliary branch'

and

NrGFdpAB9GHFK3jaAdjZ6_e2E_kyNuMHnnoKznGZjr4AWf-zfzNyVDKPGrRni9BxKWYI7K3eHk08sCF5MbJc5vs7x2meVN8yOwMuQ5xvRkq_a7Ef5GjhrjZxKNy2epU_E2Tx2nRG

its kinda hard to read all the purple text above the uil logo (and below) from street level

thats it tho cool map otherwise!

shit

Atom
Nebulae
The map currently really lacks those japanese/oriental posters you'd see in original versions of city 8, which takes away from the feeling that you're actually playing in a repurposed japanese city. Adding more of those posters/random signs would benefit immersion. Tighter alleys/smaller spaces where you'd usually have really large ones would definetly help out with making the map feel a lot more alive, like the shop street on City 2/City X during joseon.

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
be cool if the posters on the tong building were in Chinese characters and all the rest were in Japanese

you dont actually need to be able to read the signs

Gary

Developer
HL2 RP Server Director
Nebulae
as far as it seems about 90% of criticism is regarding the posters, I have some ideas I'll run past my two poster beasts later today

afric

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
as far as it seems about 90% of criticism is regarding the posters, I have some ideas I'll run past my two poster beasts later today
lED32xV.jpeg

door on right is a bit weird it didnt automatically close when i pushed the button

shit

Atom
Nebulae
I recommend avoiding posters that have a colour pallet based off of white & a random colour like the ones you see atm, moreso the firewatch posters, terminal conglomerate poster, and the >B Breen Water poster. Give them some various colours, pink, blue, black, white, anything that stands out, because you want posters to stand out.