Denied Cody PK Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
was what we
bit of a thing to say there, isn't it?

you were dead by this point, with no involvement in further proceedings.

getting information out of him was what we were unable to do
for the record, how does anyone testify if they don't want to?

do we skip to asspulled truth serum, physical interrogation (unsavoury & often won't work), vortigaunt mindreading (which requires consent & can't be used against people ICly) and other such debatable methods?

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae

for the record, how does anyone testify if they don't want to?

do we skip to asspulled truth serum, physical interrogation (unsavoury & often won't work), vortigaunt mindreading (which requires consent & can't be used against people ICly) and other such debatable methods?
Not avoiding any interaction to try is the start. Clearly was only interested in shooting a guy dead, running off and then disconnecting twice to avoid any consequences or to protect whatever or whoever told him to do it.

You’re right, yes, a simple typo as I’m on my phone. No point hyper-analysing every other word I say, east.

Nebulae
In the end.
This result,
being PK,
despite what ill intentions someone had against the cody character, IC
is distasteful

I'm just a forum bystander, wasnt there
but the COMMENTS I SEE
the responses

do not seem like ANYONE received ANY fine RP, other than someone finishing some loose end,
this doesnt seem like quality rp to me

I see not one comment that had the JOY to claim, yes, this gave me good RP, despite someone else receive an L for it.
reactions are very bored, it DOES NOT sound like anyone had any fun, or positive outcomes from it, no RP benefit to anyone.

This is an RP server,
RP is equal rich experience, joy and good RP for all, even if its grim sometimes

Honestly, even if the Cody char deserved some shit coming at him from past actions, why such a lousy PK?
why even a PK?
we as humans, can think of 100000 ways to make someone suffer, u can do many evil lill things against one man,
rather than severe his RP char with such cheap RP

even if staff is involved approving this PK,
u can choose n host gazzilion BRUTAL events against this cody, leading to grim results, psychological warfare
but not killing, his and other's RP ''just cuz''.

its unbeneficial in the grand scheme of rp

'77 East

`impulse-approved
Nebulae
u can choose n host gazzilion BRUTAL events against this cody
If it were possible to force people into events without consent, then there would be a lot less characters alive in the current iteration, I can say that much.

disconnecting twice to avoid any consequences
First time he logged he wasn't even aware he was being hunted, because the bystanders at the scene were completely oblivious to what was going on, as has seen in the last few pages.

Second time he froze & @Appetite Ruining Kebab gave him the all clear (not that I'm in any way implying it's his fault, either).

avoid any consequences or to protect whatever or whoever told him to do it.
Why ask for the PK then?
Why bother with being captured when he could have just shot himself and done it there and then?

Characters have already killed themselves to avoid interrogation in this iteration, look at the Depot.

Nebulae
Second time he froze & @Appetite Ruining Kebab gave him the all clear (not that I'm in any way implying it's his fault, either).

he initially came to me after crashing requesting a PK but i made it clear they wanted to interrogate him & i thought the scenario was already more or less over since the important part (rickard getting imprisoned) was done, so i didnt think him taking the night off after being super stressed (and coming back tomorrow to pick up where he left off) was "avoiding" any RP given that rule is mostly there to ppl from weaseling out of PKs/arrests specifically

the one month ban over it is silly as hell he shouldn't have been treated like a pariah over a miscommunication

lets put this point to bed in the meanwhile, not the place

Mic15000

The Underdog
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
In the end.
This result,
being PK,
is distasteful

but the COMMENTS I SEE
the responses

do not seem like ANYONE received ANY fine RP, other than someone finishing some loose end,

I see not one comment that had the JOY to claim, yes, this gave me good RP, despite someone else receive an L for it.
reactions are very bored, it DOES NOT sound like anyone had any fun, or positive outcomes from it, no RP benefit to anyone.

This is an RP server,
RP is equal rich experience, joy and good RP for all, even if its grim sometimes

Honestly, even if the Cody char deserved some shit coming at him from past actions, why such a lousy PK?
why even a PK?
we as humans, can think of 100000 ways to make someone suffer, u can do many evil lill things against one man,

u can choose n host gazzilion BRUTAL events against this cody, leading to grim results, psychological warfare

Please don’t comment if un-involved. Especially if it’s just an opinion piece, it only adds to shit the PK managers have to check and read.

Reactions: List

Raiden

cool cat
Premium Member
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
If it were possible to force people into events without consent, then there would be a lot less characters alive in the current iteration, I can say that much.

First time he logged he wasn't even aware he was being hunted, because the bystanders at the scene were completely oblivious to what was going on, as has seen in the last few pages.

Why ask for the PK then?
Why bother with being captured when he could have just shot himself and done it there and then?

Characters have already killed themselves to avoid interrogation in this iteration, look at the Depot.
Because if his character is PKd then so goes the information with him….

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Nebulae
Clearly was only interested in shooting a guy dead, running off and then disconnecting twice to avoid any consequences or to protect whatever or whoever told him to do it.

I'm pretty sure that was not the objective to begin with especially when he could've dced 30 minutes after the fact and he stood there for way longer than that

Not everyone is that attached to their characters, his case has more OOC weight than with the character or the roleplay. Regardless, that part has nothing to do with this PK itself.

In the end.
This result,
being PK,
is distasteful

but the COMMENTS I SEE
the responses

This is an RP server,

why even a PK?

People tend to drop this sort of argument when they expect some overarching storyline over a kill. Sometimes someone goes and gets themselves killed and there's nothing else about it - Although this death involves a lot more stuff.

This is a roleplay server not the theatre club sometimes roleplay ends up with someone dead and that's about it.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
After reviewing all of the evidence and information provided to me by the involved parties, and dealing with the disputes, I believe we have come to a conclusion. Cody has done things in the past that would warrant him to be killed, such as hunting for Rickard. There were other motives for the hit, which will not be disclosed publicly, due to the nature of the information.

Cody was shot in the back of the head and killed, there's not a lot that can be said about that other that it is unfortunate the way it happened, and I cannot comment much on what happened after the PK.

Given all that has been said so far, and everything that has been shown, we come to the following conclusion

This appeal is denied

Status
Not open for further replies.