Denied Cody PK Appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
I don't know if you were at the scene when it happened, but when everyone realized who the dead body was, they started gathering at the PD and complained like babies

Yes but how is that relevant to the kill and why should the PK be overturned because people didn't care about someone dying till it was their friend?

Reactions: List
Nebulae
Yes but how is that relevant to the kill and why should the PK be overturned because people didn't care about someone dying till it was their friend?

because there must be a reason that people didn’t recognize the body, I don't believe it was because people don't care because if it were like that, all those rebels wouldn't gather for one person.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
because there must be a reason that people didn’t recognize the body, I don't believe it was because people don't care because if it were like that, all those rebels wouldn't gather for one person.

okay but this is about the kill and the PK how does this have any relevance over the PK

Nebulae
okay but this is about the kill and the PK how does this have any relevance over the PK
Don't you see that I have been saying for a long time that there must be a in game problem .
maybe the reason people didn’t recognize Cody's body was because the name didn’t appear.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
both, the lack of rp put in the kill and the body.
There was no... lack of roleplay?

Like put above, /mes that depict killing do not need to be shakesperian novels, they can be very cut and dry, just like the ones used were.

Cody was shot in the head by Rickard. While detail can be put in, it is not necessary

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
both, the lack of rp put in the kill and the body.

what lack of RP it's a shot there ain't much more to it than /me shoots

you still fail to explain how the fact people didn't care about a man being shot in the head in front of them regardless of who they were changes anything

Nebulae
what lack of RP it's a shot there ain't much more to it than /me shoots

you still fail to explain how the fact people didn't care about a man being shot in the head in front of them regardless of who they were changes anything

how are we supposed to identify a dead body without the description?

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
I would like to explain something

Our job is to figure out if the execution behind the kill and the motivation behind it. What happens afterwards, I cannot really do much about nor does it influence the decisions much.

As per this, we will leave this open for a bit more if anyone else has any other comments

Tinbe

Molecule
Nebulae
Just to preface, I was there when Cody was killed (I didn't look at his body closely, but I saw the killer undisguised and later realized he'd killed Cody) and when his killer was apprehended.

Recognizing the body has no bearing on PK, because the character was already dead at that point. Whether you knew it was Cody or not would not affect the PK itself. What people should be focusing on is this part, since this can affect the validity of the death in the first place:
In regards to hired him, I'm interested in knowing who it was that hired him because I don't think I've done anything to create any reason for anyone to "hire" to kill me.
According to dee, there were two reasons; personal vendetta and being hired for a hitjob. Raiden has already contested the first one, and dee did not clarify - neither for the vendetta or the hitjob motive. Perhaps those should be focused on, but seeing as dee wanted to personally overturn the PK at the bottom of the first page, I don't know whether those will be elaborated upon.

Sorry, I had to get my Rabid moment in with what little validity I have to contribute to the thread. I will leave the rest to you unless more is asked of me.

FreeSpy

Atom
Nebulae
the hitjob motive. Perhaps those should be focused on, but seeing as dee wanted to personally overturn the PK at the bottom of the first page, I don't know whether those will be elaborated upon.
The hitjob motive was elaborated in private as to avoid the possibility of metagaming.

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
The hitjob motive was elaborated in private as to avoid the possibility of metagaming.
Could it be elaborated to me? I can’t contest it if I’m unable to challenge it

Deleted member 906

Molecule
B A N N E D
Nebulae
I want to comment on the events that transcended today post Cody's PK and that dee's attitude towards the PK tonight was very distasteful and not in the spirit of the server whatsoever, where he disconnected not once but twice to avoid RP and punishment, which subsequently ended up in his ban from the server. The first time he willingly disconnected, and the second time he timed out but then refused to come back on, which is as good as willingfully disconnecting mid-RP.

First during the initial confrontation and later on during the interrogation, which, had it not been interrupted, would have caused the involved characters to be able to gain information on the source of the kill as well as the reasoning, sadly were cut short due to him abruptly disconnecting without a valid reason other than "I don't want to play". We can't force him to RP if he doesn't want to but I do feel like it is in bad nature and the way things played out isn't what we are about as a community.

Disconnecting once to avoid being caught, to then being recalled to the server in order to act out the events, and then having to go AFK and saying he will come back after eating, to then refusing to come back on because 'can you just tell them to pk me i’m sick of this shit' and disallowing all the parties involved from continuing with the RP and getting a conclusion or an ending to this arc.

It left the staff members in a very awkward position trying to work out what to do and how to continue things forward, because no matter the decision we take, the players will still feel it is unfair and I agree that there is no situation in which it could be fair, and before I witnessed this today, I had not even thought that this was even possible, despite the abundance of awkward situations I've witnessed as staff.

He was toxic in LOOC, and continuously DC'd, refused to RP accordingly, telling people to just PK him, when it wasn't even his choice to choose when they decide to kill him.

I think the one month ban he landed is deserving and perhaps too short as a consequence, although it should be sufficient time to deal with this entire ordeal. Not only that, but I'm also constantly receiving complaints about the player being too PK-hungry and carrying out said PKs with minimal RP on multiple occassions, which leaves much to be said.

I've also received complaints from players about him changing his description to something completely different to what it was before he put the suit on, which in addition urges me to say that we should implement a rule change to mention a prevention to name changing to stop people becoming completely irrecognizable, both in desc and in name.

[00:34:50] [LOOC] -snipped- : if we pk him, we can't question him ICly, he can't decide to be pk'd, he hasn't been killed

Damn man this brings back memories... of someone else you tried to encourage me to appeal an appeal on.

Señor Jaggles

Local Spaniard
Premium Member
Nebulae
urges me to say that we should implement a rule change to mention a prevention to name changing to stop people becoming completely irrecognizable, both in desc and in name.

Oh I just saw this bit now

You mean a rule like these ones?

Have their description be an accurate representation of their physical appearance and attributes.
Have their description remain consistent when further editing said description over time.

E: I don't mean this in a snarky way btw just mentioning they exist already

Last edited:

Andrew

Atom
Nebulae
I think it's fine that you guys have your reservations but it was handled in a way that left all parties to actually merc Rick then and there and nobody acted upon it allowing him to walk
Heck I'll post the video, you can say what you want but to me I think it was handled well enough to stick because nothing was really broken rulewise

Raiden

cool cat
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
I think it's fine that you guys have your reservations but it was handled in a way that left all parties to actually merc Rick then and there and nobody acted upon it allowing him to walk
Heck I'll post the video, you can say what you want but to me I think it was handled well enough to stick because nothing was really broken rulewise
Killing him wasnt an issue, getting information out of him was what we were unable to do

Status
Not open for further replies.