Nebulae
I was sniped today by couple Silver Knights today while playing Dark Souls

3c1deae86618a20beaf52195589c0cab.jpg
more like they snipe you.

Reactions: List

Luft

a bad memer
Nebulae
Used a high contrast as-always; tried creating something a little different this-time. I really should probably start using SFM, but i'm too much of a retard to get the HL2 Models in & stuff. Also, this time i actually avoided pre-set animations & posed it myself. (Also used that new map everybody's using)
20170414195033_56.jpg

Edit- 2
20170414195037_1.jpg
@Flippy that u???

Sixx

Proton
Nebulae
DjmfzGa.png

Please don't count this as a submission but instead give me some feedback and criticism, I wanted to make something that captured a mood instead of looking cool.

Cookie_

IT'S OKAY TO BE WHITE
Nebulae
DjmfzGa.png

Please don't count this as a submission but instead give me some feedback and criticism, I wanted to make something that captured a mood instead of looking cool.
FeedBackMaster69 is here.

I guess you wanted a rather depressed mood in thismone as the guy is looking upset, has a gun etc. ( Decent face posing mate!) That is a :ok:

BUT. You could have maybe added some effects to it, make it all darker, giving it that depression vibe, y'know.

And... his right hand....duh

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
Retired media dev and sidekick MaXenzie back again with xx's and feedback...

@Fred, You’ve produced something that has quality for the 20 minutes it supposedly took you, but I’d spend much more time on something before posting it into a competition personally. I’d improve on your lighting techniques in the future, as the lighting doesn’t make much sense from where the source should be xx. Also, the concept is lacking. Probably something about Nazi rulership and how it ruins your cuppa coffee. The face posing is great though, that guy in the middle looks really annoyed that the soldier is gently waving his hand in his direction. And the random nazi in the background stands out, along with the shadow of the man on the right’s head clearly visible on the glass behind him.

@Prospekt, don't get me wrong, you're a capable guy but this pose looks very basic like cmon, there isn't very much going on here and I think you could improve poses like this in future with more props and better shadowing. Not to mention the main subject of the pose is using a default animation? Looks like a default anyways. so basic xx.

@b00ty_Senpai, this is a really nice action based pose, with the highlighted tracers and the number of things going on, it’s an easy-to-read picture. However, for the amount of lights on the screen, the models remain very dark and I think a little more light would compliment it xx.

@Erkor, this is a very dirty and bleak picture but also very nice as it fits the general mood of the character on screen, but there isn't much narrative behind this picture other than a man sitting and waiting? or is he guarding? or getting ready to die? or prepping for GCSEs? Add some more props or make things clearer I'd say but as usual, you've still made something that's pretty good
thumbup1.gif
xx

@ConstantDisplay, that is a very heavy vignette, my friend and the use of a vignette is to put a focus on the things in the centre of the screen but there ain't much to centre on when half the subject is hidden behind an object/pole/pillar/whatever. And slanted shots are nice but that is VERY slanted, and pairing that with the vignette makes the image pretty hard to understand/read ukno xx.

@spectry,
thumbup1.gif
you'd win if you were bad and suddenly got good but you've been good consistently for about 6 months now so like what are you even doing xx

(hell) @Heck, you've made a pretty nice picture here, but I think it needs a treatment from a more narrow lens/camera angle and some higher contrast. A lot of the colours are similar and end up falling flat if there's too much similarity IMO, if you're going to make a pose with not a lot in it - it's always better to just have a focus on them with the environment behind them, rather than having a large environment and only a little thing to look at in the middle. TL : DR too much waste of space xx.

@SkinVest, Nice work it's a bit like Hecks and has the more narrow-angle but it's also deadly dark, and the lighting effect behind is well weird like why does it radiate different colours you should work on your effects hunny xx

@$Vex$, A well-made pose, with good colour balance and management, fitting everything to do with the subjects in the middle (more or less). But there’s something about it that’s comedic to me, I don’t know if it’s the stubby arm of the one on the left or what - still a great pose xx.

@Eddard Stark, a pretty pose, with the nice reflective light on the armour and a well-lit scene surrounding it. But the picture feels flat, mostly because of all the similar colours. and shading, I would've thrown a torch in there for some orange personally because it's all GREY xx.

@Do Jet, the latest arrival to enter the competition, and it was a good one, the composition of the helicopter and the interior lights blasting out of each side match up with all the particle/lens flaring effects on the lens. There may be a little too many effects IMO but they all compliment each other, nice work. Reminds me of MGS xx.

THE WINNER IS LYON
14done.png

A deserved win to a simple and well-lit pose that’s also greeted with well-composed particles, drawing a story of a long battle of psychotic nature showing the emotion on the man's face and the grip shown on the fingers.

shoutout to my mil rems

cannae join?

Pink text is MaXenzie's input.
I did 99.9% of this myself and MaXenzie did fucking nothing but make a good google document (don't @ me)

Thanks for letting me judge
was fun
sorry if I went back on myself in some bits
yea

bye xx

MaXenzie

Sexually attracted to robots
Media Developer
GTA RP Playtester
Nebulae
Retired media dev and sidekick MaXenzie back again with xx's and feedback...

@Fred, You’ve produced something that has quality for the 20 minutes it supposedly took you, but I’d spend much more time on something before posting it into a competition personally. I’d improve on your lighting techniques in the future, as the lighting doesn’t make much sense from where the source should be xx. Also, the concept is lacking. Probably something about Nazi rulership and how it ruins your cuppa coffee. The face posing is great though, that guy in the middle looks really annoyed that the soldier is gently waving his hand in his direction. And the random nazi in the background stands out, along with the shadow of the man on the right’s head clearly visible on the glass behind him.

@Prospekt, don't get me wrong, you're a capable guy but this pose looks very basic like cmon, there isn't very much going on here and I think you could improve poses like this in future with more props and better shadowing. Not to mention the main subject of the pose is using a default animation? Looks like a default anyways. so basic xx.

@b00ty_Senpai, this is a really nice action based pose, with the highlighted tracers and the number of things going on, it’s an easy-to-read picture. However, for the amount of lights on the screen, the models remain very dark and I think a little more light would compliment it xx.

@Erkor, this is a very dirty and bleak picture but also very nice as it fits the general mood of the character on screen, but there isn't much narrative behind this picture other than a man sitting and waiting? or is he guarding? or getting ready to die? or prepping for GCSEs? Add some more props or make things clearer I'd say but as usual, you've still made something that's pretty good
thumbup1.gif
xx

@ConstantDisplay, that is a very heavy vignette, my friend and the use of a vignette is to put a focus on the things in the centre of the screen but there ain't much to centre on when half the subject is hidden behind an object/pole/pillar/whatever. And slanted shots are nice but that is VERY slanted, and pairing that with the vignette makes the image pretty hard to understand/read ukno xx.

@spectry,
thumbup1.gif
you'd win if you were bad and suddenly got good but you've been good consistently for about 6 months now so like what are you even doing xx

(hell) @Heck, you've made a pretty nice picture here, but I think it needs a treatment from a more narrow lens/camera angle and some higher contrast. A lot of the colours are similar and end up falling flat if there's too much similarity IMO, if you're going to make a pose with not a lot in it - it's always better to just have a focus on them with the environment behind them, rather than having a large environment and only a little thing to look at in the middle. TL:smiley:R too much waste of space xx.

@SkinVest, Nice work it's a bit like Hecks and has the more narrow-angle but it's also deadly dark, and the lighting effect behind is well weird like why does it radiate different colours you should work on your effects hunny xx

@$Vex$, A well-made pose, with good colour balance and management, fitting everything to do with the subjects in the middle (more or less). But there’s something about it that’s comedic to me, I don’t know if it’s the stubby arm of the one on the left or what - still a great pose xx.

@Eddard Stark, a pretty pose, with the nice reflective light on the armour and a well-lit scene surrounding it. But the picture feels flat, mostly because of all the similar colours. and shading, I would've thrown a torch in there for some orange personally because it's all GREY xx.

@Do Jet, the latest arrival to enter the competition, and it was a good one, the composition of the helicopter and the interior lights blasting out of each side match up with all the particle/lens flaring effects on the lens. There may be a little too many effects IMO but they all compliment each other, nice work. Reminds me of MGS xx.

THE WINNER IS LYON
14done.png

A deserved win to a simple and well-lit pose that’s also greeted with well-composed particles, drawing a story of a long battle of psychotic nature showing the emotion on the man's face and the grip shown on the fingers.

shoutout to my mil rems

Pink text is MaXenzie's input.
I did 99.9% of this myself and MaXenzie did fucking nothing but make a good google document (don't @ me)

Thanks for letting me judge
was fun
sorry if I went back on myself in some bits
yea

bye xx

i helped about as much as donating 2 quid to starving nigerian children

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
@spectry,
thumbup1.gif
showing off my good and still slowly improving skills in making sfm shit and throwing the competition for nebs

Status
Not open for further replies.