I guess anything that has to do with fire is my speciality
[doublepost=1510361329][/doublepost]gotta fix those eyes

I love the lighting. Stuff like this really inspires me to do some posing

Reactions: List

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
No, I'm not late

@Eddard Stark, honestly, the only problem I have with it, is that there is nothing going on. Like, you could leave everything in this scene as it is, just put this guy we see right now in a pose, where he'd be preparing for a strike on someone on the ground, with camera viewing from eyes of the man lying. That'd add the tension and actual concept to this pose, and that's honestly all it needs. Good job otherwise, keep it up

@Club Ace, again, you still can't overcome this one issue of having too low resolution. Posing and effects are great, especially these blood splatters, but you could've turned down a bit light on the main guy's face, plus fill in the background with something (dead bodies, other guards, anything really). Nice one though

I like these short ones

Big one
@Trains

BC7D2609BA5DE562644B55A4994ED2637E2F70D4

I just love it how you created tension with faceposing. It's exactly what I've been talking about
for the past year, emotions are most visible on faces. Really like this one, keep up good work fam

Honorary
@Mickey Toast

eUFRx7J.png

Don't think I need to say why

Also, @Jer

Ycrwlmk.jpg

Last edited:

steambored

Make no mistake, this is a one-way trip.
Nebulae
i will take lemons good idea rating as a 'do it.'
BONUS BOGUS JUDGE SPECTRE MIZAYE
BC7D2609BA5DE562644B55A4994ED2637E2F70D4

here's my entry :^)

Posing of the left soldier is really awkward. He's leaning too much and his gun isn't being pressed against his shoulder or the end isn't near it.
Also, why do they look so angery, from what the scene shows the police is loading up the criminals up onto the van or out of the van, but there's no reason for both to look so angry.

Can't really say much on editing, but it's not bad, could be a bit better with a little bit more color. DOF could use some work too, it's out of place and doesn't really fit in.

Now, lighting is tricky. I don't see much of it here, mainly because I don't think this was a scenebuild scene and rather was made on a map, however if you did this in a gm_black with custom lighting, this could look much better as the inside of the vehicle is rather dark for an open car, especially the environment being a bit too dark.

But kudos, it does give a feeling of a CTU if that's what you were going for.
F923DDAD6C0E3A16E3BDAB963FF77B3BA9348646

I guess anything that has to do with fire is my speciality
[doublepost=1510361329][/doublepost]gotta fix those eyes

Well, one thing i can say is that the fire effects are weak and don't really fit in that much, especially the lighting could be much better done. The environment is also rather bland, there's nothing interesting going on except for a few trees and an out of place white light. If it's a fire of that size, it should be much brighter on the environment and should extend much further. Also the blue light on his right, that's not where the moon is coming from, so why is it so blue when the night sky is pitch black and the only thing we can see that could illuminate light is the moon?

Also, the soldier's pose makes no sense, for what reason is he standing there. There's no explanation, it could be much better if we had seen more about environment, for example, a friendly or even enemy soldiers on fire in the background. Etcetera.

Work more on presenting a scene. Right now, what I see is nothing more than what a simple pose. You have potential, try thinking outside the box and more about details.
12FF16215CBB08A40D2FFDC5049EFC037733402F

Hi this is shit

Well, first off, let's start with the editing. It's rather intrusive and doesn't benefit the picture that much. Too much contrast and sharpness.
However, the gun lighting is more or less perfect considering the darkness of the room, might have benefited from being just a little bit less bright. The posing of the soldiers is also more or less pretty good. He has the proper stance and fires properly. The DOF could have worked much better with an small little bit of background DOF, not enough to be extremely noticable.

However, the scene background doesn't convey much. Who is this soldier, what is his motive, what place is he in. If you had given a bit more details in the background, be it equipment-wise, body-wise, or anything other that might make it more explainable. It would have been pretty great. Especially with good editing and you got yourself a pretty good poster.

The artist.

What can I say, first off, I think the brushes might be a bit too fat on some areas and could benefit from being a bit smaller to convey more of that cloth feel.

Let's also discuss his body structure from bottom to up.
The legs are way too small for someone in full clad armor. They need to be thicker so they could convey that trained body and thick plating aspect of a knight in armor. Plus his footing is rather weird, I can't tell what his legs are facing when they are like that.

His chest has weird proportions. I feel as if the shoulders are too wide before the arm starts. To be frank, I think he may have benefited from being of a much larger build in the first place as I can not tell where his stomach is, it looks as if the legs are attached to the chest rather than the stomach. He needs to be wider.

His arms, they're basically equivalent of a noodle, like I said in previous regarding chest, he needs to be of larger build, his biceps need to be bigger and not thin so much at the elbow.

Lastly, the head. It's obvious that the head is too big. Looks like he has a case of big brains, probably is a future scientist after he gets shot in the knee and his adventuring ends.

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
i will take lemons good idea rating as a 'do it.'
BONUS BOGUS JUDGE SPECTRE MIZAYE

Posing of the left soldier is really awkward. He's leaning too much and his gun isn't being pressed against his shoulder or the end isn't near it.
Also, why do they look so angery, from what the scene shows the police is loading up the criminals up onto the van or out of the van, but there's no reason for both to look so angry.

Can't really say much on editing, but it's not bad, could be a bit better with a little bit more color. DOF could use some work too, it's out of place and doesn't really fit in.

Now, lighting is tricky. I don't see much of it here, mainly because I don't think this was a scenebuild scene and rather was made on a map, however if you did this in a gm_black with custom lighting, this could look much better as the inside of the vehicle is rather dark for an open car, especially the environment being a bit too dark.

But kudos, it does give a feeling of a CTU if that's what you were going for.

Well, one thing i can say is that the fire effects are weak and don't really fit in that much, especially the lighting could be much better done. The environment is also rather bland, there's nothing interesting going on except for a few trees and an out of place white light. If it's a fire of that size, it should be much brighter on the environment and should extend much further. Also the blue light on his right, that's not where the moon is coming from, so why is it so blue when the night sky is pitch black and the only thing we can see that could illuminate light is the moon?

Also, the soldier's pose makes no sense, for what reason is he standing there. There's no explanation, it could be much better if we had seen more about environment, for example, a friendly or even enemy soldiers on fire in the background. Etcetera.

Work more on presenting a scene. Right now, what I see is nothing more than what a simple pose. You have potential, try thinking outside the box and more about details.

Well, first off, let's start with the editing. It's rather intrusive and doesn't benefit the picture that much. Too much contrast and sharpness.
However, the gun lighting is more or less perfect considering the darkness of the room, might have benefited from being just a little bit less bright. The posing of the soldiers is also more or less pretty good. He has the proper stance and fires properly. The DOF could have worked much better with an small little bit of background DOF, not enough to be extremely noticable.

However, the scene background doesn't convey much. Who is this soldier, what is his motive, what place is he in. If you had given a bit more details in the background, be it equipment-wise, body-wise, or anything other that might make it more explainable. It would have been pretty great. Especially with good editing and you got yourself a pretty good poster.

The artist.

What can I say, first off, I think the brushes might be a bit too fat on some areas and could benefit from being a bit smaller to convey more of that cloth feel.

Let's also discuss his body structure from bottom to up.
The legs are way too small for someone in full clad armor. They need to be thicker so they could convey that trained body and thick plating aspect of a knight in armor. Plus his footing is rather weird, I can't tell what his legs are facing when they are like that.

His chest has weird proportions. I feel as if the shoulders are too wide before the arm starts. To be frank, I think he may have benefited from being of a much larger build in the first place as I can not tell where his stomach is, it looks as if the legs are attached to the chest rather than the stomach. He needs to be wider.

His arms, they're basically equivalent of a noodle, like I said in previous regarding chest, he needs to be of larger build, his biceps need to be bigger and not thin so much at the elbow.

Lastly, the head. It's obvious that the head is too big. Looks like he has a case of big brains, probably is a future scientist after he gets shot in the knee and his adventuring ends.
2late animeboy

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
on a serious note though, thanks for taking your time Spectry. it's always nice to present few points of view on anything

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
Did mine get missed out:(
that's why you don't put them in spoilers

If that's a greenscreen, then I'm amazed. Using real life scene for posing work is actually a really cool idea. Even though it has a quite simple and often used concept, I really like it. I'll give you honorary, hold on a second

Trains

ms paint artist extraordinaire
HL2 RP Administrator
Nebulae
ya'll got potential, you just gotta grow it.
yee
ty for the feedback boss, appreciate it x

as for the weirdly posed guy on the left, I accidentally clicked on him with the physgun and couldn’t get it back to what’s it was so I left it as is because I was really fucking tired :/

Status
Not open for further replies.