Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viper0419

Neutrino
Nebulae
4liU0QE.jpg

I moved away from the WW2 setting, and settled for a more brutal part of history... WW1.

Reactions: List

Danny

Visual Powerhouse
Nebulae
XtYXduh.png

OvWQLZr.png

RHmUCkH.jpg

*but i DO care about winning............

Last edited:

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
This time i'm not putting in a screenshot but instead some voice work for a roleplay thread on another site, hopefully this counts?
https://:heyzeus:/i/s1JSleSedGzO
[doublepost=1522008120][/doublepost]https://:heyzeus:/i/s1JSleSedGzO

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
Huh weird, vocaroo link keeps breaking. anyone know where i can upload audio?

lemon

Sells cheap beer
Nebulae
I should get paid for this

@Jer, not really good with drawing, so I'll just say that I like it. The little lines sticking out of this fox/whatever it is, are a nice detail, making it indeed seem like a furry animal. Neato

@Viper0419, nice work, I can say that you're definitely improving. I actually like pretty much everything about it - good posing, alright effects, gritty color palette. All I can whine about here is that it could use even more stuff. Both the left side and that background in upper-right corner could be filled a bit more. Some corpses hanging from walls would also be welcome, as fucked up as it sounds. Nothing else than that though, it's quite good to be frank. Good job man,
thumbup1.gif

@Fatality, it's honestly something that could be used for a character bio. Thing is, you chose to make it in a form of a portrait, and what comes with that, is that the main character needs to be perfect, because that's where the viewers will be looking at the whole time. I'm not saying that you posed it the wrong way, but the model you chose always had this little problem with it's face, that it always looks as if she's smiling. In a weird way, I should add. It also has something with the cheeks, but yeah. What I like here though, is the whole post-processing here, a solid plus on that one, love this editing. Yeah, pretty good.

@CloudBucket,
thumbup1.gif
just for the scenebuild. The only problem I have with it, is lack of combine architecture and pretty dull lighting. Some volumetric lighting in the background and more light in general, as well as a change to it's color would do the trick. A+ for effort tho. Everything esle is top notch, so, as said before,
thumbup1.gif

@Danny, fuck

@RGB, fuck here as well
Kinda weird proportions on their heads, but I really like the style of this poster, cool work.
thumbup1.gif

So yeah, @Cavity gets it this time, amazing lighting and
atmosphere. Love the editing too. Also, link us the map fam

D16EEE540BECD281D1996A9523F9FAE0F2C95A76

CloudBucket

Proton
Nebulae
I should get paid for this

@Jer, not really good with drawing, so I'll just say that I like it. The little lines sticking out of this fox/whatever it is, are a nice detail, making it indeed seem like a furry animal. Neato

@Viper0419, nice work, I can say that you're definitely improving. I actually like pretty much everything about it - good posing, alright effects, gritty color palette. All I can whine about here is that it could use even more stuff. Both the left side and that background in upper-right corner could be filled a bit more. Some corpses hanging from walls would also be welcome, as fucked up as it sounds. Nothing else than that though, it's quite good to be frank. Good job man,
thumbup1.gif

@Fatality, it's honestly something that could be used for a character bio. Thing is, you chose to make it in a form of a portrait, and what comes with that, is that the main character needs to be perfect, because that's where the viewers will be looking at the whole time. I'm not saying that you posed it the wrong way, but the model you chose always had this little problem with it's face, that it always looks as if she's smiling. In a weird way, I should add. It also has something with the cheeks, but yeah. What I like here though, is the whole post-processing here, a solid plus on that one, love this editing. Yeah, pretty good.

@CloudBucket,
thumbup1.gif
just for the scenebuild. The only problem I have with it, is lack of combine architecture and pretty dull lighting. Some volumetric lighting in the background and more light in general, as well as a change to it's color would do the trick. A+ for effort tho. Everything esle is top notch, so, as said before,
thumbup1.gif

@Danny, fuck

@RGB, fuck here as well
Kinda weird proportions on their heads, but I really like the style of this poster, cool work.
thumbup1.gif

So yeah, @Cavity gets it this time, amazing lighting and
atmosphere. Love the editing too. Also, link us the map fam

D16EEE540BECD281D1996A9523F9FAE0F2C95A76
ha mate cavity made that all in scene build. I recognize the props. he's a fuckin god

.:BurningFox:.

Professional cynic
Nebulae
image_by_therealburningfox-dc72o2w.jpg

Not as good as half of the stuff on here but uh, I made this random sketch like yesterday of my CP off-duty, HERO-4/Alexis Wright. Not really too fussed about the competition part of things, just curious if people think it's any good. I should do more HL2 based stuff.

RGB

Proton
Nebulae
There's potential, but there's a lot of problems. Keep doing more, nobody got good at something by not doing it. The guy who is great at something failed more times than the person who is bad ever attempted and all that.

I don't like to tear something apart without being prompted to, so let me know if you want me to.

I won't be nice to it though.

.:BurningFox:.

Professional cynic
Nebulae
Alright, well, if you can rip into it, please give me some detailed critique, I can take it just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.