Completed [Competition] Art of The Week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lambda Coyote

Don't forget Hawaii
Nebulae
Glitch-GLITCH_20180830205304.jpg

Yes, I did make this as propaganda for my group.

Last edited:
Reactions: List

Heck

Nucleus
Nebulae
I'm not the best scene guy but I can offer some tips for a photo like this:
  • Get higher resolution models, the CP and Civilian model can both be swapped out for their HD counterparts from stuff in the Nebulous content pack
  • Add some more clutter to the background, an example could be two civilians sitting on a bench you added next to that lamp post arguing or having a civil conversation
  • The scene doesn't look too happy, judging from the dudes face it seems quite miserable. Darken the scene a tiny bit from the plenty of options available
    • Photoshop/Any other editor can darken the photo while not making it look like a deep fried masterpiece because the program upped the contrast as it got darker
    • In game, in the Q Menu > Post Process > Shaders > Colour Modification, you'll get the opportunity to change:
      • How dark/light the image is
      • How colourful/colourless the image is
      • If you want a certain colour to pop out
      • If you want more of a certain colour present
  • This guide, is a gold mine - use it and abuse it
Those are some tips that I know personally

Although, this is a pretty good scene in terms of posing and facial expression
c:

Lambda Coyote

Don't forget Hawaii
Nebulae
  • Get higher resolution models, the CP and Civilian model can both be swapped out for their HD counterparts from stuff in the Nebulous content pack
  • Add some more clutter to the background, an example could be two civilians sitting on a bench you added next to that lamp post arguing or having a civil conversation

This wasn't made on GMOD, I've searched far and wide for HD CP and Civilian models for SFM. If anyone knows of any please link. I can't afford photoshop and I fear the other editors I have would mess it up.

The scene doesn't look too happy, judging from the dudes face it seems quite miserable. Darken the scene a tiny bit from the plenty of options available

That was the point. In this scene the man is being forced into conscription by an officer, I know that doesn't happen on nebulous but still.

Just tried throwing it through an editor and the out product is messy and looses a lot of resolution.

Last edited:

Dicknose

Whatever happens, happens.
Nebulae
This wasn't made on GMOD, I've searched far and wide for HD CP and Civilian models for SFM. If anyone knows of any please link. I can't afford photoshop and I fear the other editors I have would mess it up.

That was the point. In this scene the man is being forced into conscription by an officer, I know that doesn't happen on nebulous but still.

Just tried throwing it through an editor and the out product is messy and looses a lot of resolution.
Port models from gmod to sfm

Lambda Coyote

Don't forget Hawaii
Nebulae
Don't need to download anything. If you can wait I can send you a video of me porting something
Ported something over and decided to make a new propaganda poster with the new materials. Thank you for the help, had no clue I could port.

pixlr.com is a good alternative

I've tried it a few times before for propaganda design, though I've started to use Paint.net more because I feel it's more simple. As for filters I'll look into utilizing Pixlr more for them.

Anyway, going to replace my entry with the new one.

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
qLdwfmK.png
A PNG with visible packet loss what on earth

love the pose though thats got some great energy to it, imo you need a rim light and a fill light though.

Viper0419

Neutrino
Nebulae
i kinda messed up with these 2 poses, they're WIP and I'm in a bad position with them;

lTSkPVF.png

ZTa6fiv.png

let's say i forgot to subscribe and enable to gm_black and i was too lazy so i started working in the gm_construct "color room", needless to say i can't make the lighting look good here and idk what to do lol so here, have 2 poses that i will probably never end up finishing because the lighting hurts me on levels unimaginable

Piggo

Electron
Nebulae
You've done it in the completely wrong room, its the dark room you needed to do it in
Now the shadows will remain lit by map lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.